Thinking of picking up a Epiphone Les Paul Standard for 325$CAD +tx as a first guitar. Anything I should know...

Thinking of picking up a Epiphone Les Paul Standard for 325$CAD +tx as a first guitar. Anything I should know? I've been wanting to learn for years, bought a Fender Stratocaster MIM 96' 50th Anniv like 3 years ago and kept it for couple months messing around but never seriously learned. This time I want to seriously play so yeah.

Also partially why. Watched it in 2009 and re-watched many times.

bump¿

Start with an acoustic. It'll strengthen your fingers quicker and teach you the basics while making the transition to electric that much easier.

This is bullshit advice. There's aspects and nuances of electric guitar you won't learn on acoustic. Play whichever is more fun to you. My advice is Epiphones are garbage. Gibson and Epiphone went full Jew a few years ago and their quality is nowhere near Fender/Squier. Get a Squier. Unless you just wanna look like Slash then get to Epi I guess.

Is there a year where Epi/Gib went jew? Perhaps if the guitar is new but made before X year it will be fine?

ESP Ltd is a better choice if you want a keeper that will grow with you otherwise any shit guitar and amp will do. Upgrade as you get better and need it. Good luck. It’s a daily routine to be able to play guitar. Every day, rest of your life.

Nuances like what? You think he's going to be doing pinch harmonics his first week?

Thats bullshit. you can start learning on an electric just aswell as acoustic. depends on your music taste. what uyou wanna play

>first guitar
>electric

Spend that money on a seagull s6 or something (canadian made acoustic, fantastic for the money) and have it set up properly by a luthier. Learn on an acoustic first, git gud for a couple of years, then buy an electric.

I'd love for you idiots to show me your callouses after playing on .10s on an electric and .12s on an acoustic and saying there's no difference.

Pick something you like the look of, so you'll pick it up faster

first guitars are usually shit so, wait untill you know what you want as a player to invest

not that user, but everyone here is focusing on the wrong reasons to start on an acoustic. While I don't really give a shit which someone starts on, I'd always suggest starting with an acoustic.

>acoustic is so basic that there are no knobs, vibrato bridge or amp settings or pedals to distract the beginner from learning how to play the instrument.

>not playing electric with no pedal/amp for first month or so
wouldnt it be better that way?

Beware of people telling you to get an ESP like all metalfags will suggest, epiphone les paul is a fine choice. Would say that amp is more important than guitar

Op, just get an ltd 8 string and jam to some sweet fucking heavy metal in drop A

I need something VERY small and VERY portable since not a lot of room in my room. In another thread an user recommended the VOX Pathfinder 10 since it's also very cheap. Can you say the same?

I actually don't play

if that's all you have, sure. But I don't know too many people who wouldn't get tempted to plug in, but whatever.

I mean I saw multiple vids of Rob Chapman and he said that playing without amp can actually help get a better understanding of the guitar when it comes to learning. Seems like people agreed with him so yeah. I don't plan on making music professionally, just to play songs I like and shit so.

Either way, none of that really matters. Not giving up and focus during practice is what really matters.

Go to /gg/ on Sup Forums ask for jcm900fag

Yes I will thanks mom.

Youre welcome