Wish I was joking

Damn.

unironically

Science Fiction

this is true aoty

yup, nothing competes

the absolute state of music

u niggas criminally boring

Either "Bedwetter vol 1 - Flick Your Tongue Against Your Teeth", or "Pile - a Hairshirt of Purpose".

I lierally came on Sup Forums tonight to see if anyone was talking about this album.

It's this or Damn.

I went back and listened to Damn today and while I hate Love the album as a whole is just too strong to ignore, has me torn on Aoty

Damn is not even remotely close in quality to OP's pic-related.

I like the themes of Damn and while the SIZZLING high hats may sound done before the lyrical content of the whole record is just outstanding and puts it up their with The Ooz.

Issue with damn is it's weighed down by love which was just blatant top 40 bait

the ooz is second

It got a 4/10, no one here will like this album anymore

I haven't even listened to it and I know it's trash

Still haven't checked this out but it can not possibly be worse than Daisy.

like clockwork

>Thinks Daisy was bad
Don't bother, your tastes cannot be redeemed

I still need to listen to pic related

>thinks overly repetitious song structures, with really predictable dynamic shifts and chord progressions, mixed with a general lack of creativity after following up some really transgressive and unique albums is good

There isn't a single song on that entire album that felt fresh or well-written. It was like a heaping of clichés from a dozen different genres blended and half-buried, as if Jesse hoped people wouldn't notice. I noticed.

>as if Jesse hoped people wouldn't notice
Vinny wrote almost all of Daisy. I appreciate the more chaotic and violent direction that they took on Daisy. It felt like a different kind of emotional release after TDAG

not so fast

The raw aggression was interesting, because it was as if they changed direction and became "FULL BLOWN SCREAMO" at times, which was interesting; but it's like in that approach they forgot how to incorporate melodies, dynamic shifts, and vocal pronounce the lyrics so they don't sound silly. "Gasoline" is one of the worse songs I've revisited from any band lately, and it's just indicative of a lot of the problems I have with that album.

I'm all for them going aggressive and cathartic. The opening of that album has a lot of promise. It actually represents what they were trying to do quite nicely. Have an old-timey song playing (that seems to go on way longer than most bands would be comfortable with) before exploding with noise. It's just that they don't do a lot with that after a while. "Vices" is a really good song, but half of the album follows the same pattern, and when it doesn't you have songs with half-baked lyrics and songwriting that sounds like it was ripped from a Puddle of Mudd song. It's embarrassing to me.

loving the trend of seeing aoty threads look the same starting ~may and picking up one album every month

OOZ is second

or so. the ooz might surpass drool, i think itll grow on me

I- WAS THE BEST RAPPER.

>this is never posted in these threads

Agree with this

arca self titled album

AOTY Candidates:

>Fleet Foxes
>The National
>LCD Soundsystem
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor

LCD Soundsystem is my favourite right now tbqh

what's your aoty
mine's the new Gas album but I haven't heard much yet

Did anyone like this?

that is by far the ugliest album i've ever seen and i doubt i'll see one any worse any time soon.

In terms of expression, you'd be hard pressed to find anything more genuine from ANY year. This probably deserves *art* of the decade, but nobody is listening to this because they want to listen to it a ton.

Either FMB or Flower Boy just defined my summers driving to work and going to the beach. Love them both.

gr8 album. really cute songs, exceptional songwriting. love his voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=xsz61Vk00xk

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hundredth/rare/

Lol op was triggered by Fantano's score

this album was terrible mate, they should have stayed a metalcore band instead of hopping on the shoegaze bandwagon

bruh this album fuckn slaps

I can't be the only one

This by far.

The Ooz is utter shit and Fantano really sums up why very succinctly and objectively.

Decent

Dude Springsteen lmao

not my AOTY but I support you user, top notch album

My boi.

More like the 4/10Z

Ariel Pink, Fleet Foxes and Cigarettes After Sex

This is so fucking good

Look at those silly boys
So wacky

Still AOTY

Lets all go play Nagasaki
we can all get vaporised

Yawn

>rapp
no

Story about this album: I used to be a legal journalist for one of those prestigious inner circle publications. I was told to write a story about some of the legal implications of the Ukrainian crisis, and typically in our stories we hotlink to relevant court documents. I screwed up, and instead of linking to a crucial judgment I ctrl+v'd and linked to Pitchfork's review of this album. They ran the story and the entire magazine nearly went under because of me.

This album triggers me now but I really liked it before.

This

Without a doubt.

holy fucking kek

how do you nearly go under because of a little mistake like that? Surely no one would care that much?

tfw too lazy to download this even though king krule is my fav artist

good taste

Same

baka bait af

It was a legal magazine for hyper-aggressive lawyers in the finance history, and it's on a subscription basis which firms pay shitloads each month for. Maybe "nearly went under" was a bit of an exaggeration but it took a while for angry emails to stop.

Bait? kind of a weird story for me to make up, don't you think?

peace and love

Wow, Jamie Saft did a collab with Iggy Pop? Who wudda thunk.

Oh man I thought Bedwetter was 2016. Fucking this and Nightmare Logic

YERRRR

all good choices

Common as Light, Crack-Up and Pleasure are all good contenders too

Same