Pittsburgh Pirates @ Los Angeles Dodgers Gamethread

Williams vs Wood

All 5 of you planning on watching this game, get in here

Brandon McCarthy loves twitter arguments with trump supporters

RIP Taillon's testicle. This team brings nothing but sadness and sorrow.

Based Toles

Is the combination of seager bellinger and urias enough for us to challenge the cubs for the next couple of years

Wow, this is news to me.

I's official, the Pirates have been hexed.

>base hits with RISP
this is nice

Tell me about CODY

puig needs to be decent, joc needs to keep improving, they need to figure out lefties as a team

>grand slam
thank you based taylor

I'm kinda scared to get used to it though.

cutch almost had it too

>4 outs into the game and it's already over
i like it

>Grand Slam

>Dat Puig homer
Shiiiieeeet

TYBP

Between the Bucs and the Pongs, suddenly watching the Cavs dominate apehoop doesn't sound so bad.

and now for an alex wood inside the parker

TYBP

Turn on game in bottom of the 1st. Game is already over before I even find out it isn't McCarthy starting

Give mccutchen and go back into mediocrity pls

We coulda actually won this crappy division if not for the injuries and suspension, not about to sell our best player quite yet.

It's gonna sting when we get rid of Cutch and he returns to prime form.

We have 3 amazing pitching prospects in Alvarez, White, and Buehler coming up. Alvarez has the most potential, but will take longer to get up. Buehler has almost the same amount of potential and currently lit up A+, waiting to debut in AA.

>mfw Based Puig™ is back

How's Glasnow doing? Whenever I checked his box scores last year in AAA, he would have no hitter stuff, but would also get a lot of walks.

>Tfw no qt spectrum

I miss you guys

Go team go

He's gone from atrocious to average

He sucks, just like everyone else on the team who isn't suspended, stuck in Korea or out one because of cancer.

Willie Calhoun is another power-hitter 2B in AAA. He'll make his debut in 2018, I'm guessing.

This. And he's an arrogant cunt too.

The Bucs are nearly impossible to root for this year.

Nah, his defense and speed are too mediocre. It's a real problem. I think the Dodgers eventually trade him to an AL team. Especially with Logan on the team for the time being. I think Will Smith (catcher/2b) is an interesting prospect. He's been doing well in A+.

I like Hershiser's idea for an all-inclusive Pitcher value stat.

Incorporates:
>Sac bunts
>Holding a runner
what else?

>Defense
Adequate defense can be taught. That's the whole point of AAA.

Also, he's 22 - 8 years younger than Forsythe. Needs more time to develop.

i want corey seagers nuts

>Chris Taylor

WEW.

We won the Zach Lee trade.

>Joc starting to hit for average
Could it be?

i heard lee was pitching well in SD but that was 2 weeks ago

Calhoun has been said to have defense that is so bad that if he improves alot it would still be below average. He's really slow apart from his bad hands.

He may be pitching well but is he hitting .389?

Hes a defensive liability. Players like that do not a behind Kershaw. He will be traded. He has heavy feet and no range. 2b men need range.

how about moving him to something else like catcher?

austin doesn't seem like a long term solution and grandal can't be our sole pitcher for the next 6 years

i'm not saying SD won the trade, i'm shocked Lee is still pitching in the majors

Very few guys can develop defensive skills. Arenado is one of them. He always had hands and as soon as he lost weight. His range extended beyond what anyone thought. It why you see him make so many bare hand plays. His range extended what was mediocre defense and footwork. Calhoun has neither hands, feet, or speed.

>players like that do not play behind Kershaw*

>still pitching.
He made literaly one start in 2015 and never again pitched until 2017.

Dodgers have Will Smith coming up for catcher. Honestly, the only players I'm excited about like I was for Seager, Urias, and Bellinger are Yadier Alvarez, Walker Buehler, and Mitchell White right now. If just one of those pitching prospects pans out they'll be great next to Kershaw and Urias.

Build your ideal pitching staff Dodgerbros

>Kershaw
>Rich Hill
>Kenta Maeda
>Alex Wood
>Julio Urias

I love 8-0 leads because in high school whenever we were up by like 7+ runs the coach would actually let me play...

Just for this year? If not it would be Kersh, Otani, Urias, Alvarez, and Buehler. That's the dream bro.

>one start in 2015
against the mets at shea, 7 ER in 4 innings. shitposted about it here, good times

i don't trust wood. ryu at his best was better than maeda, and he looked like his old self in his last start...

My ideal:
>7-man rotation where Kershaw always goes on 4 days rest (how he likes it), so the order changes around his starts.

>The rest of them get 6 days rest (Maeda and Ryu do well on more rest, probably helps Hill's blister)

>1. Kersh
>2. Urias
>3. Rich
>4. Maeda
>5. Ryu
>6. Wood
>7. McCarthy

Why the fuck would you more a 2B ass into a catcher? You think catching is easy? He'll he traded end of story.

honestly, they are all pitching so well lately.

It's a great problem to have.

>all this contact hitting
oh mama

Is Joc elite?

potentially

Why is Kenley so based bros?

>elite
>unhittable
>balls of steel
>super chill guy
>turned down more money to come back to the Dodgers
>Father/son relationship with Don Newcombe

jesus fucking christ.

Alex Wood is in Godmode right now

>right now
....hes always been good just hadn't gotten enough innings and was injured. Healthy Alex Wood = 95mph strikeout pitcher

cursed franchise

>10-0
This is our year boys

Do any of you guys have Pirates Feels and Frogs? Because I want to fucking die bros

we dont have much of a fanbase on Sup Forums so we dont have many reaction images either.

What do we have at this point?

so much offense, feels weird to see runs scored with RISP

no kidding

>Tomorrow the Dodgers will struggle to score 3.

>bases loaded and he pops up
bellinger is done
trade him for bartolo

He looked so disappointed too. Probably punishes himself a lot.

its almost

ALMOST
over