Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U
youtube.com/watch?v=1gdpyzwOOYY
theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/18/12-rules-for-life-jordan-b-peterson-review
youtu.be/hIlbDzez79E?t=327
youtube.com/watch?v=Gtj7ogU78AU
youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel like he backtracked off his stance on pronouns. He used to claim he wouldn't use a person's pronouns even if specifically asked to, but last I saw of him was on that interview where he said he would call his own personal students by whatever pronoun they want if asked.

I agree with backing off from that, at least for people you have to deal with on a repeat basis just to avoid confrontation or at the very least any future HR visits.

I think he's a good guy who may be may be martyred.

he is a meme and has some wise things to say due to his experience in psychology and life experience in general. anyways. he is still a meme. but a good one.

so you're saying

he only told he would use "he" or "she" not ANY pronoun

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U

wtf

nicely cut... funny :)

I don't know what you mean by "what", "do", "you" or "think"

I think he's against SJW's and I like that, but damn is he overrated. The bar is still a biiiit higher than being against SJW;s

but you know that Jordan doesnt like when hes taken out of context right?

If youre interested in his further thinking: youtube.com/watch?v=1gdpyzwOOYY
Dont wanna trigger any Peterson snowflakes, but him being so against postmodernism, but arguing against the concept of truth here? Jesus fuck. Oh thats right, its some mental woowoo to justify his Christianity.

I don't think he was ever against using them in polite conversation, just didn't want them enforced by a government entity.

The man talked for two hours with Sam Harris and could not agree to any reasonable definition of the word true. He is so far up his own ass, he could rescue those dead hamsters with his teeth.

I live in Toronto. If he mentions that fucken story about selective blindness and the dykes flooding one more time I'm going to UofT and clocking him. Almost everything else is cool tho

Harris is so 100% right here, its almost cringy to listen to it. When I listened to this podcast it vaccinated me for the whole Peterson dickriding hype train. He;s got some other odd views too.

interesting view.
But i think he has an interesting viewpoint on many things. yeah, he is a meme. but what do you mean they couldnt define true ? how is that challenging ? something is true if it is practically observable (in the real world) which means the information youre trying to convey is grouded in reality.

seems legit, i asked myself why he is religious.

Dude, listen to it and you'll hear. I really recommend listening to the whole thing

try listening to this. for 2 hours he denies every possible reasonable definition of truth

Are we the same person?

I am, are you?

Maybe I think, and therefor I am?

Sam Harris > Jordan Peterson

This

Is that Dr. Who? Where's his TARDIS?

what kind of bullshit is he trying to say there ?
can anyone pls translate into english ?

So there's a possibility to argue against C16 and M-103, SJW's etc and also be kinda dense on other topics. The bar must be higher than knowing SJW's are stupid and saying idiotic college kids that shout Milo down are also stupid. There is SO MUCH dick riding going on, it's getting weird. Also shitting on Peterson results in people assuming youre for all kinds of SJW's shit, dude people we're against SJW';s shit before prophet peterson arrived from the sky.

becuase they have completly different perspective...

I can't, sorry

Basically he's saying you have to think outside yourself. It's not that difficult.

only if it benefits the species in an evolutionary manner. the follow up Sam harris chat was worse if anything. He went on so many irrelevant tangents talking about unrelated biblical and other mythical stories that you could imagine Harris just shaking his head a sighing through most of it. Harris really shines through as the rational one.

p sure he always held that position

God is the cutoff to infinite regress

Something about how believing in God is admitting you don't know everything and atheism is the opposite so it leads to dictatorship. It's funny because he holds neitzche in the highest regard but enforces biblical alagories in his lectures. This man is a gold medalist in mental gymnastics

Peterson really got exposed with Harris. The whole Peterson gang is getting like a cult of people that dont really understand what theyre saying, but just join the Peterson team because he argues against the whole snowflake college SJW kids club

Can anyone tell whats wrong with Jung and Nietzsche?

oh ok i read it again and i think he wouldnt be a good biologist, since he doesnt understand that thought is merely a tool for the organism to survive and a consequence of evolution, you dont need an axiom to think and have feelings.

or am i missing the point ?

Anybody who has to specifically tell you that they are a reasonable person..

yes, one is as honest, plain spoken and rational a public intellectual as you could hope for, the other is a pseudo-intellectual, jargon spouting, fart sniffing ego-maniac.
If you are so infatuated with your own intellect and thought processes that you can not agree that obvious, proven things are true unless they fit with your perception of the world, you are simply a dick.

seems legit.
you guys have good analysis of peterson.

A review of his book. Of course I too can smell the writer did not go in neutral, but still an entertaining read
theguardian.com/books/2018/jan/18/12-rules-for-life-jordan-b-peterson-review

I am not defendng anyone but the problem I see with Sam exactly as you pointed out...plain spoken... I dont have a feeling that there is anything plain about humans so I am sceptical...

> dont have a feeling that there is anything plain about humans
Can you explain what you mean?

"I dont have a feeling that there is anything plain about humans so I am sceptical"
so you are a special snowflake is what you are saying?
There is nothing special about humans, we are apes. Apes that went to the moon yes, but apes nonetheless.

Btw: wanna recommend the verybadwizards podcast. Its fucking great

Haplorhini

>Haplorhini
Catarrhini

I think he might be getting too hot right now, I'm worried the internet is gonna try to mudsling and take stuff out of context, and then no more internet dad.

i want him to actually have a talk with this lady like he's suggested, but she's a crazed attack machine, and she's doing her job as programmed.

>2018
>still thinking
Go back to Switzerland

Hominoidea

>>Haplorhini
>Catarrhini
Hominidae: great (large) apes
or simply, as I said, apes

His stance from the start was that he wouldn't use them if being strongarmed by the law to do so. Some of the earliest videos of him are of him outright stating he had no issues using the chosen pronouns, what he was against was the government controlling language.

As a biologist idk how to respond

good guy, now clean your room.

why not ?

haha goddamn, i misread the first wouldnt for a would.

I mean that we are very complex and the idea of Sam that if you just leave people alone and they will "behave" so to say I find very unlikely.

Looking from point of the universe of couse we dont matter but we matter to each other...
Youre kinda proving Jordans point...

but yeah fuck it I am going to sleep...

When asked whether he would use a specific pronoun for an indervidual he should have just said 'I would use their name'

End of problem.

haha goddamn, i misread the first wouldnt for a would.

ok i was afraid because i passed my biology examns :D

I think he's absolutely right about most/all of it but he just sounds like such a douche.

Whenever he opens his mouth I just want to punch him in the fucking face.

I'm thinking if i should work out right now.
It's the middle of the night and i know i'll have a hard time to go to sleep afterwards, but i'm awake as fuck and actually kind of pumped up right now.

I should go to sleep and do that tomorrow in the morning like on most days, but i may end up being too lazy (like i was today) because my bed over here is too damn comfortable. Sleeping in it feels like angles sucking my dick or something.

claiming that humans aren't important because we're apes is not only reductive, it's nihilistic. It strips the value of any meaning from our understanding of ourselves, our biology, our accomplishments, even our consciousness and self-awareness. It definitely serves the point of winning an argument where you're the only person left in a very dark room, but I don't think it's all that helpful to anyone.

thats cool dude, i am currently working out every day. Its doable. you dont need high intensity everyday. but is helps to improve even if you only begin doing a little bit, its going to snowball.

congrats! Any plans on doing anything with it?

He's far too smart for any of the edgy 17-year-old retards that infest this shithole to understand.

From what I've read high intensity and controlled pauses are better for gains though. Given that you let the muscle portions rest in rotation that's fine but un-doable when you do body weight workout that often requires a whole set of muscles.

yeah, pushing my other examns and writing a bachelor thesis. But i have no career plan, unfortunately. And my bachelors is practically useless(i think).

That is exactly the kind of persona he is trying to create for himself.

What'cha doing then?

im talking about doing something everyday. even if its only stretching, or training a muscle group you didnt train in the last workouts, or doing cardio. but something everyday will snowball eventually(at least i hope so). however, i am doing karate and youre right, i keep my strength training at approx2-3 times high intensity per week. I feel like im just finding out how to really get better.

biophysics

I did not say we are not important. I said, we are not special. The poster I was replying to was heavily implying that we are special in some mysterious way. We don't need to attach mystery to anything, that only clouds understanding. We also don't need to attach "meaning" to understanding in the way I suspect (possibly wrongly) you are using the word.

i've been having a lot of success with qigong tai chi. I was doing it daily but i've been slacking.

youtu.be/hIlbDzez79E?t=327

Well you'll have a MINT degree - where I live that means free jobs - given that you're a little bit variable in your choices you'll surely find something. Keep in mind that all MINT courses are a hard and rocky choice, only a small portion of humanity can claim to have chosen a this tough education and possible employers know that.

Good luck with it. What bachelors is useless?

ill consider it. i was doing this some time and i enjoyed it, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gtj7ogU78AU

Not useless

who is gonna employ a bachelors with bad grades who is not specialized in any field ?

I think i need the master. Or ?

youtube.com/watch?v=RIB05YeMiW8
This video tells you everything you need to know about JP. A 50 (guessing) year old man, who says he has studied such things his whole life, is asked if he believes Jesus rose from the dead. He pauses for 10 full seconds then says he needs to think about it and pauses again then says the most postmodern wanktastic thing anybody could say and then says he does not mean it in a postmodern way. The is a poser.

Yes of course

But everything in the way we look at the world is inherently meaningful. It's not necessarily all factual, and is quite biased, but we naturally apply and interpret meanings from things going on around us. That's not a scientific perspective, it's the human condition. I don't necessarily think making up fantasy and magic is helpful in seeing the world more clearly, but the important thing JP and Carl Jung are bringing to the table is illustrating the importance of human narrative to orienting oneself in a moral, cultural, and historical context. It's not necessarily in opposition to science, it's a separate sphere that cannot be discarded.

Oh damn I forgot about this video.

He thinks he has some big world shifting intellectual game going one, but hes just playing a semantic game to justify some of his retarded ideas. Please add to this genius description

I actually enjoyed his portrayal. It was time that they had gone a bit older with The Doctor, and I didn't really think anything of it when he regenerated as the 12th, but the man can act, I tell ya.

I remember seeing this BBC documentary about Leonardo da Vinci where he read da Vinci's letters, and it was a really neat and interesting take on experiencing the man's writings and a great look into da Vinci's mind, so kudos for that dramatization and performance. He always had that "one screw left" sort of look to his face which made him look slightly mad and that was amusing to see.

In general, a great actor and a seemingly great man to be around and interact with.

I see what youre doing here. Get back in your tardis. When;s the new season airing?

Thx guys! great minds

I don't know, but I can tell you I am ready to fap to the 13th.

I think he wouldn't be a blip on anyone's radar if it weren't for his stance on gender pronouns and idiots like you lot that circlejerk anyone that "BTFOs le ebin SJWs xD"

ty for the vid Sup Forumsro

Also he really seems to do a lot of the things he crusades against, hilariously enough.

The man's a charlatan at best.

Whats your goal? Learning how to fight or just for being healthy?

Schizoid carrot

His first talk with Sam Harris was hilarious.

it was my pleasure. I think this was the best thread i have seen on Sup Forums in my entire life.

So if you have a reasonable friend thats on the Peterson dickriding train. How would you engage and try to make clear hes overrated without saying: listen to the 2 hours of him on the waking up podcast

show him this thread