Will we ever get another Pinkerton?

Will we ever get another Pinkerton?

No. Name one band that has peaked more than once in their careers.

Just listen to Maladroit, SFTBH, EWBAITE, White, and some red tracks.

>swans
>scott walker
>nick cave + bad seeds

Brand New

>5 albums
>progressively got better until TDAG and then declined
No, Science Fiction isn't their best album. Even so, with only 5 albums, that's not enough to peak and re-peak.

If you want Pinkerton go listen to Pinkerton. If they tried to make something like it you would surely say it wasnt good enough

Radiohead desu
arguably The Beatles
again, arguably The Who
Pink Floyd
Fugazi

He needs to get sad and virgn again

Have you listened to Commit This to Memory by Motion City Soundtrack? Sounds kinda like Pinkerton. Even has a moog.

thanks for the rec bud

>Virgin
Have you ever listened to Pinkerton?

Bob Dylan
Tom Waits
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
Lou Reed
Sonic Youth
Einstürzende Neubauten
Killing Joke

Beatles

they peaked with every album

He was in a sex-brake. Virgin is a state of mind

Abbey Road and Let It Be were on the decline.

Pinkerton was a fluke. That album feels like it's bleeding emotion - you get caught up in it. And it's one of the rare times it seems genuine from Rivers. And when you take the time to listen to what Rivers is actually singing about it's cringe central. And somehow the cringe makes it feel more authentic than anything he's released since.

I'll always love it because caterwauling Rivers is the best Rivers, and those guitars man, but he hasn't put that much emotion into anything before or since. Or at least any emotion he has you can tell it's purposely trying to aim for that Pinkerton sweet spot but failing.

When you factor in that each album since Make Believe has at least one "sorry for my last album"/"i don't care about fame"/"k I cared for a bit there but I don't care anymore"/"bitch I'll do what I want", it gets tiring.

thanks

>Radiohead
>Bowie
>D'Angelo
>Flaming Lips
>Pink Floyd
>Abbey Road
>decline
how???

It was their first basic-bitch rock album after a series of experimental masterpieces.

>basic-bitch rock album
Oh man you're so wrong
I Want You and the b-side medley are the beatles at their fucking peak

Wow, two songs. Some peak.

Black Album.

Rivers called it twisted and experimental.

Well if you knew how to read you'd know i meant those two songs in particular represent them at their absolulte best. The rest of the album is still really great, but those two in particular stand out as phenomenal.

The only beatles album that I can understand being placed above Abbey Road is Revolver, the rest are just not on that level.

Daisy>TDAG

hopefully not

Frank Zappa
Ariel Pink

Green Day

this. Pinkerton is literally their worst album, even less listenable than Raditude or Make Believe

How?

Why would you want the same album twice?

Sgt. Pepper isn't above Abbey Road, with its groundbreaking production techniques?

Pretty poor bait, friend.

absolutely spot on. pinkerton was my favorite album at one point and i still love it (Despite its somewhat cringey lyrics which don't make me cringe) because how honest, raw and authentic it was. and the guitars.

Even the blue album was pretty great imo. But now it seems like there's nothing else creatively interesting that he can do. That raw outburst of autistic emotion is a creative utility he's exhausted and now he's doomed to make mediocre pop trash : |

>pink floyd
was there ever a time when they were at "less than" their creative peak? To say that they peaked twice implies they had a middle era where they weren't churning out goat albums.

No. It was definitely more groundbreaking and influential than Abbey Road, but Abbey Road is easily more enjoyable, consistent, mature, and of general better quality (although Sgt. Pepper does have the best Beatles track.. I don't even have to say which)

can someone explain sgt peppers to me? I've given it a couple of listens and it seems like the most generic banal album with 3 minute pop ditties and absolutely nothing interesting in it? Even abbey road seems more enjoyable in the conventional pop sense.

listen to his vocals on green. he's dead inside. the well's dry.

Basically it's praised so highly because it's was really completely new musically at the time and came at an excellent time culturally
>New production techniques
Things like deep layering while maintaining sound quality and pitch control. Their sound engineer was an absolute genius, he came up with a million new instrument recording techniques to get specific sounds The Beatles wanted
>Sonically and creativaly
It was one of the first albums to have tracks fading into each other and calling back on each other. Really one of the first complete, cohesive rock n roll albums. The first concept album too. It was really mind-blowing at the time. And it does have some amazing tracks, I mean A Day in The Life and Strawberry Fields are amazing now, can't imagine that in 1967.
>Culturally
It came at the perfect time, it's psychedelic pop was perfect for the summer of love and for the growing hippy movement. It was also exactly what The Beatles needed to release at that time. They were at the top of the world before the release of this album, everyone was looking at them to see what they could possibly do next. By releasing a record that reinvented, not only their sound and image, but pop music as a whole was what cemented them as the greatest. In all honestly Sgt. Pepper is THE reason we have the view of The Beatles we have, and no other artist since then has completely revolutionised music while also being culturally dominant globally, that is why they have (and will probably always have) the god status they have.

I mean, Brian Wilson, the absolute genius that created Pet Sounds a year earlier had a complete breakdown when he listened to this record.
The thing is though, it doesn't really hold up very well, unlike Abbey Road, Revolver and Pet Sounds. Personally the only late Beatles records id rank below Sgt. Pepper are Rubber Soul and of course Let it Be

Neil Young
David Bowie
Radiohead
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

Hopefully not.