Music is getting worse

...according to RYM. I took the ratings of top 40 albums from every decade from 60s to now, and these are the results. Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

rym tends to have a bunch of anti-recency bias

I think once albums have more time to develop, people will realize which they consider "classics" and rate those higher. As time goes on maybe past decades have their scores increase

fpbp
it has nothing to do with music getting worse. the average score for each decade will go up as time passes

People hold music in the past in higher regard than stuff released today. Stuff like historical significance and nostalgia play into account too. There's no nostalgia for stuff released this decade and not a ton of nostalgia for stuff from the last decade yet. Albums being "classic" is the same case. Most albums from the last 15 years aren't considered "classics" of their genre yet.

> Agree? Disagree? Discuss.
who cares your uncreative ass isn't going to make anything good this decade anyway.

I miss when MBDTF was #1 for the 2010s instead of we wuz butterflyz n shit

what if music actually IS getting worse, though

nah

you can see a drop though in 1980s which slightly improved in the 90s, but returned to falling in 2000s

it is, you just have a recency bias

i am le right generation u jsut haev to kno where 2 look upvote if u agrre XDDD

okay so are what YOU doing to make music better?

Older classics seem timeless, while a lot of the critically acclaimed albums of recent times are very of the time and trendy. No one is going to be listening to Kendrick Lamar in 20 years, but are still gonna listen to something like The Beatles.

playing in an 80s worship band

RYM users have shit current tastes and a bias towards established classics

also
70s>00s>60s>90s>10s>80s

great contribution

huh?

the 80s were a mistake

the 80s sucked, that's for sure

>No one is going to be listening to Kendrick Lamar in 20 years
prove it

I can't speak for the 10's but don't worry, I will save the 20's just gimme a sec.

lol if only

There's still stuff I love from the 80s, but in a way smaller concentration than in the other decades

reddit is totally le wrong generation dad rockers though. Your meme doesn't make sense

reddit is both really. you can see foo fighters and nirvana posts all the time and in the comments someone saying "i miss when music was this good" and then 250 replies saying "there's still great bands you just have to find them" (and their idea of great new bands are just recycled garage/indie rock)

420 blaze it whats happenin

rym is for and by retards tho

I can name what I like in the 80s on my fingers and even it was either in the really early late 80s or early 80s