ALRIGHT

WORKIN ON IT

(wake up world)
WAKE UP WORLD
(wake up world!)
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

ITT:
>dude, it's good because he died!
Most of these track are basic as fuck from a performance and compositional standpoint.

THE NAME OF THE GAME IS LIGHTWORKS

>he just doesn't get it

One day, little boy

And every single song has the potential to get stuck in your head for days on end. Is my brain making that happen because he died? Why didn't that happen with Blackstar if I like Bowie more than Dilla?
Shut the fuck up and throw your dick around somewhere else. I didn't even know the story behind the album or Dilla when I first fell in love with it

yeah sure, blow it out your ass bud
I'd bet you'll shit on endtroducing because people did plunderphonics better in subsequent years

Donuts aged way better than Endtroducing imo. Most modern newcomers will still be impressed by it

A- ALRIGHT YALL

Fun experiment: listen to "Lightworks" then listen to the samples the song is made of. Now imagine just how insultingly easy it was to shit that out.

Now, after you've done that, feel free to argue. But don't pretend you know shit if you don't do the legwork.

Endtroducing has a decade on Donuts so I think that's fair. Especially given the techniques and gear that would have been used.

>its simple so is bad

>he thinks music needs to be complex to be good

Lightworks is unique in its closeness to the original. But why does it matter anyways? It's an album, and regardless of how complex it is, the entire album sounds magnificent. Everything sounds like it's exactly where it should be and the depth of how tightly-knit and self-referential the album is increases with every listen.

>haha if I just pretend that this exaggeration of his argument is his actual argument I can sidestep the fact that I'm shilling for a guy who literally just hotkeyed some wonky sounds on a sampler and pressed buttons at random
Good job.

>literally just hotkeyed some wonky sounds on a sampler and pressed buttons at random
>literally
Surely you don't actually believe this

Did you do the fun experiment?

>liking an album made by a dead person 11 years ago and talking about it on a music forum is "shilling" now
I fucking hate this board and I'm remembering why I don't come here anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=U23NbfDMBaI

I listened to the original sample years ago. You're not shattering any illusions for me. Sorry buddy, but I don't have prog-metal-listener levels of autism for muh complexity

Rap fans in a nutshell.

thank you

It's not rap, guy

youtube.com/watch?v=vbg18-tzYps

LA LA LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

>uh, uh uh uh
>the name 'a the game is lightworks
*horn blare*

It's rap.

hhHHOLD YOUR HAND OUT
GIVE A SHOUT

Here bro, take this and have a good night
youtube.com/watch?v=1z8uvyn7hDo

youtube.com/watch?v=z0KNpCUrxVA

t. tryhard

From a "performance" standpoint. I usually give points for effort but go ahead an abort yourself.

Why are you sending me this? I don't want this.

>hey guys this is actually really basic and not that interesting at all. I think that he gets more recognition than is due for the tragic backstory behind the album and the image cultivated in his stead. Thoughts?
>WHAT A TRYHARD AMIRITE

youtube.com/watch?v=XkhUndrVriE

Fun experiment. Do the legwork. Make anything a fraction as good as lightworks.

Really tho, get to it.

Why not? It's very complex and technically impressive, I'm sure it's right up your alley. Complexity and technical performance are all that matter, yeah?

Here's another, friend
youtube.com/watch?v=SGOHCHJmbgI

There's a lot to analyze in your deft critique. You need fuel if you want me to set you on fire. As it is I'm just pissing on a moron.

I just took a leak which I'd wager was about as musically interesting.

see Not going to bother responding seriously to some kid butthurt that I questioned the legitimacy of his favorite Sup Forumscore album.

>guys you can't enjoy music unless it's complex

Just give it a shot! It's just so technically impressive! If that's what you want, why not take it? How could you dislike something that took such a high level of technical talent to make?

Eh you're not even a good troll. Keep practising.

WORKINONIT!

>because people did plunderphonics better in subsequent years
Ahahahaha no

is the concept about gay dragons ?

AND SOON YOU'LL SAY "THAT'S HIM"
D-V-N-O

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Stop.

I swear to god if you think it's the fucking avalanches

is this really the best that memerap fans can come up with?