/cyc/ - Giro d'Italia stage 4

Potential for some GC action today lads. Lets hope Quintana doesnt wait until the 4th week before attacking.

First climb is probably not going to provide any action, not steep enough and too far from finish. Itll get interesting from around 16:00 CET, when they start approaching the final climb.

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/sport/othersport/802153/Chris-Froome-cyclist-knocked-off-bike-hit-and-run
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

>le skeleton man

express.co.uk/sport/othersport/802153/Chris-Froome-cyclist-knocked-off-bike-hit-and-run

fucking cagers

>Quintana attack

I am ready to be disappointed.

Pinot to win a 10 man sprint.

Press F to pay respect

Heh , nothing personal mr. bones

*unsheats car*

>Pinot

This just in: Quintana saving himself for TDF

Nibali hype

It's Pinot time

Confirmed for no Tour win.
Mentally damaged.
El Imbatido for Tour win with pawn Quintana as 2nd

>all these ads

>team is named sky
>riders only hit the ground

EUROSPORT , THE HOME OF CYLING™

Eurosport get all the ads out of the way in the first 2 hours, so they can have the final hour or so completely free of adverts.

You KNOW this by now.

Of course. He knows none of the plebs in this race can beat him so he will use minimal effort. Froome is his only challenger.

Environmentally friendly coral reefs made from cages when? Automated cages mandatory on public roads when?

>thinking you can kill the skeleton king.

You only rustled his bones.

BUT sunday, they gave an ad with like 24km to go, while they promised us no ads in the last 30km's.

>i want this ride to end

>final hour
Come on, now. This is nowhere close to the truth.

Dennis might have abandoned

Let's all watch today and find out when their last ad is.

And if you're on Eurosport player they have an uninterrupted feed with no commentary.

Should we make bets on how many kms are left before their last ad?

But it is mountain finish so last 15km takes 45min

Eurosport could have all the ads they want right up until the end if only they hadn't bought exclusive rights.

Let those of us with far superior national broadcasters keep watching that and we wouldn't mind at all.
I also blame the greedy RCS in equal measure.

RIP WW!

The live data on Giro site is pretty cool desu.

Also
>tfw new wheelset arrived yesterday

Stay mad

Shit, man. 6 years since Weylandt died. Time sure does fly.

>The Finish: the profile says plenty. This is a long climb, the equivalent of the Galibier from Valloire and a lot to contend with for the fourth stage. The slope bites right from the start in Nicolosi and then gradually becomes more exposed as they climb higher. This is the route via “Salto del Cane” and not the same they used in 2011, the road is a bit smaller and more irregular. The pitch changes along the way but there’s nothing savage, this is more a grinding test of VAM for 45 minutes. Just after 1km to go the road dips down before rising back up to the line at 3% for the last 300 metres

tfw no Valverde to destroy everyone in the last 300m

last ad will be just before the ascent of the Etna.
RIP Wouter.

Zakarin stage

>tfw there will never be a proper chimpout where a rider pushes the other off the road

Based Van Rensburg shutting the door

How was your ride today, /cyc/? Mine was very slow and very comfy.

>being a bootlicker for a global media corporation
Doesn't get more pathetic than that.

also spotted some top tier qts

I am leaving now. Just doing an hour with some hills. Tell Nairo not to attack until I return.

Just under an hour. Four seasons was the theme

too many commercials

Said media corporation provides top-tier content from large portion of my favourite sports.

Ride to work was cold as it was still -1°C. Hopefully it's a bit warmer as I ride back home soon.

Summer when? Wasn't global warming supposed to be a thing?

STOP watching euroshit

What a weird and childish comment this was then and the same goes for a comment you made to me over the weekend.

As I wrote, your precipus Discovery Networks can show however much cycling they want, just don't muscle out local broadcasters and buy exclusive rights.

Always a lot of commercials when they air a couple hour long stage. I think it helps the commentators too.

fuck off burger , because your tv is absolute shit doesnt mean that we also have to have dogshit

What team is van rensburg from

:DDDDDD

TV here does not air the Giro.

>bum chums

This descent is so comfy.

not for losada

So who is /best boy/ at this year's Giro lads?

no ban pls

Those brakesqueals after turn-in always make me nervous.

Lovely scenery

Adam Yates strikes me as cunt.

Based Matt Stephens being an interviewer for eurosport

Quintana attack when?

it's gonna happen this year. just you wait.

Can't wait to watch another significant breakaway get swallowed by the peloton with 1750m to go

pseudo """"attack"""" on the one of the last stages so nobody asks "why did you never attack"

hes a hack desu

thats what they said last year

why is quintana at the giro?

Dumemelin whinging like always.

Man I want Big Tom/Sunweb to be good so badly, but I just don't think they have the team.

So he has an excuse for the Tour.

He realised Froome is unbeatable so he just avoids him.

It's not my fault Discovery spends a ton of money on the rights. You keep complaining about Eurosport mostly because they don't have commentators you like in your country and they have a few ads, that are run at times when there is no action.

If you want your local public broadcasting agency to show cycling to you maybe you should pay more taxes so they have enough money to pay for the rights.

he probably shouldn't bother going to the tdf
froome has it sewn up for at least another three years

Had my first ride of the year today after a winter of drinking like a fish and smoking like a chimney.

Had to borrow my housemates bike as both tyres on mine are fucked. Had a few mechanicals along the way and nearly got forced off the road by a herd of sheep fleeing an exuberant pupper.

Absolutely murdered by the big climb but the cobwebs have been thoroughly blown and the time wasn't as shit as I thought it might be. Quite a pleasing effort altogether,

>Based

>all those people lining the street

Does anyone in Sicily have a job?

wtf I love israel now

Hello newfriend

Goddamn Eurosport sucks, fuck those ads. Luckily I have it in my tv player without need for a VPN, but still.

Also Etna when?

Yeah it's pretty awful.
>come back from ads
>commentators talking about some road feature we didn't see because of the ads

Now. Bit of a climb now, then a short descent and then final climb.

Yes, well.

>mfw Etna erupts.

errrr

>euroshit

show me the fucking giro REEE

CANNONDALE SWARM

hehehehe

A 5 minute ad at 26 km to go

FUCK YOU EUROSHIT

THANKS JUAN

Flecha sounds like borat

>Flecha's Recon
WTF is this shit
Just show the race goddamnit

Because he is the true GOAT and he's gonna do the double

I'd go full vigilante if this happened to me.

>Zakarin

Too much of those distractions on top of all the commercial breaks. Interviews, graphics, Flecha. It's not supposed to be an ADHD sport.

>zakarin
Is the new >pinot

here we go

top lel

Absolutely habbening

Zakarin ROFL