Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjiyb8ggwM
youtube.com/watch?v=Lf65x9w0-rU
youtube.com/watch?v=FUoXnaBXNLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=d48Ldk-TPn0
nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml
schizophrenia.com/research/hereditygen.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Haha I'm schizophrenic too OP, the only really bad shit is being like extra extra paranoid in the shower do you get that too?

what are your symptoms?

They’re onto you. Don’t let them catch you.

Hello, comrade in suffering.
Yeah, I guess I'm paranoid in the shower, but I'm paranoid everywhere else, too. I once had a hallucination of something pulling back my shower curtain and looking in at me.

What do you think this reality actually is?

how did you start linking shit together and begin to realize that maybe you were schizo?

I hear disembodied voices speak to me. I hear people around me talk badly about me. I have delusions about reality and about being followed or watched. I also have strange visual distortions and sometimes see shadow people.

Fuck man I keep thinking the government's out to get me
Like it's funny but still

"Reality" definitely isn't as real as we think. I'm guessing we're being tested or researched by some higher being.

When I was a kid I had strange creatures talk to me
When I was 13 I dropped out of school for a while because I thought people were out to get me
When I was 18 things suddenly got a lot worse. I started seeing shadow people, hearing voices, etc. and went to the doctor.

>I'm guessing we're being tested or researched by some higher being.
That's interesting. What makes you believe that, exactly?

if you smoke weed will you spaz out

Trip dubs.check.
Do meds work.
Have you had random living things get in your face during a dream?
Asking because when I lost my marbles I had already of dreams like that.

I definitely think we're being tested, too. You think we're being tested by a government being (probably malevolent), a higher psycho/spiritual force, or other?

The thing about schizophrenia, is it feels like the universe is sometimes letting you in on a little secret. The laws of reality bend a bit, and weird shit starts happening.
There's something really weird going on. I'm not sure what it is.

I'm high as fuck right now.
It makes me hear voices way worse but it's the only thing that makes me happy nowadays
LSD makes me spaz out though, I tried it and never again. Lasted way longer than typical and hit me hard.

no you just think it did

Meds do work, thankfully. They make the voices much more bearable, and get rid of the shadow people and most of the delusions.
Yeah, I have stuff jump out at me in dreams.

I think we're being tested by God or by aliens. I'm really not sure which it is.
The universe -- mathematics -- is too elegant to exist. If there is no being testing us then we are some strange film on the surface of a realm of chaos.

It certainly feels real when it's happening.

How do I try to get these meds from a doctor. They might think I'm crazy.
As dumb as that sounds.

I've got to agree. The scientific frameworks of mathematics - hell, math itself - is way too neat to just be there no explanation. Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks so.

schizophrenia to me is hard to understand since symptoms seem so exaggerated by movies and TV and shit. like with hearing people talk about you do the voices come from inside or out? and would you still believe the theories/conclusions you came to after taking a step back and going, okay thats kinda fucking crazy. or did you even have the ability to question yourself like that?

ah thats a lot kinda. i guess i just want to know more about just how you perceived yourself and your thoughts during sketchy times

What do you feel while on a crysis? I mean, you have any idea that what you see or hear isn't real? If yes, why do you scare then?

What type of schizophrenia do you have, exactly? I paranoid is the most common but there are 3 main types if I remember correctly

>Can you just ignore voices and live normally?
>What are the voices telling you?

OP, I've suspected that Im a mild Schizo. What really tipped you off that you should go to a doctor or something?

There's no shame in admitting there's something wrong. Doctors won't judge you, they see too much shit to care.
Just make an appointment with a psychiatrist and tell them you're having hallucinations. They'll be happy to help.

:)

Some of them are disembodied and come from "inside." Some of them sound exactly like the people around me are talking, and are hard to differentiate from reality.
It's possible to catch delusions after the fact, but they always lurk in the edge of your mind.

The problem with psychosis is you lose the ability to tell delusions from reality. I rarely realize how crazy I really am, and that's when the psychosis stops.

I can sometimes tell it isn't real. Not always.
But a horror movie can still scare you even if you know it's a horror movie.

Childhood-onset.

I had a violent schizo neighbor that I shared a wall with in our apartment building. shit was not fun. he refused his meds and thought I was a government agent who was spying on him using ultrasound and other advanced tech. he came close to trying to murder me a couple times. take your meds you crazy faggots.

what was your experience with lsd like?

Why are you spying on me faggot?

I try to ignore the voices, but it's really hard. They're persistent and annoying.
The voices mostly babble nonsense, but sometimes they talk shit about me or tell me to do things.

I was hospitalized. At the time I only vaguely understood that there was something really wrong with me.
If you're suspecting something's wrong, I would encourage you to go to a psychiatrist. If you wait it can get a lot worse.

I do take my meds. I wouldn't hurt nobody. :(

Just read that childhood-onset schizophrenia has an incidence rate of less than 0.04 percent, so I feel for you man :(

I will most likely get medical help but the thing is I really like Psychedelics and I dont feel an intensity of effects or anything. Thank you for your insight however, I appreciate it.

It is quite strange to really not know when something you can actually experience is real or not. I guess it is like you are dreaming, right? When you are dreaming, you haven't control of anything, so you can wake up scared because you had a bad dream, even though you find it just silly. Since you can't consciously "say" that to yourself while on a dream, you feel like it is real.
That is how I think it is. Now, another question: how was your environment while a child? There was a situation or event specifically that prompted your disorder to appear?

I experienced ego death at 200ug. I was still hallucinating vividly the next day, and it hit me way harder than anyone else I tripped with.
I had hallucinations in all my senses, even touch hallucinations in my mouth. Felt like I had a second set of teeth.

kek

Yeah, I got really unlucky. My psych couldn't believe it, and they basically refused to diagnose it for 6 years.

The weird thing about both psychedelics and schizophrenia is that they affect every person differently.

If you do what the voices say, they stop for a while?

what's some crazy shit you've done during a psychotic ep

I can't really tell between my dreams and reality. Whether it's the vividness of my dreams or the strangeness of my reality, I don't know. Psychotic attacks are very dreamlike, though.

I had a rough childhood. Got yelled at a lot, had several near-death experiences and numerous injuries. I got lost in a desert and almost died when I was 7, and I think the disease woke up then.

My voices don't tell me to do things very often. When they do, they tell me to pray or to hurt myself, neither of which I do.

Cleared my house with a 12 gauge shotgun once, looking for voices. Didn't find any.

What's with the whole "the government is out to get me" bullshit? I know a few schizophrenic people and there's this trend of just being paranoid. One guy would get upset if I had the volume of my TV on an odd number. Had to be even. And he would reach out to grab things that weren't there.

He also read Dianetics (and got really into Scientology) and claimed the book made him go crazy. He threw out his laptop battery because he said it was talking to him.

Feels like there are a lot of people out there on the edge of losing their shit at any moment.

There is a class of delusions about persecution, so we tend to be distrustful of authority figures. The government is a common target for our brains to latch onto.
I often think I'm being followed or watched somehow. It's just life for us.

The Qur'an was the book that drove me mad. Still have delusions about it.

This is true.

I had to stop being his friend. He was refusing to take his meds. The government ended up forcing him to take his meds. Then he managed to convince them it was his right to do what he wanted.
And what he wanted to do was to stay on social assistance, spend it all on smokes and pot and live with his mother. I can't handle that. I have a life and he was just so clingy. And he would always ask people for things. Sometimes people gave him what he asked for. He didn't see anything wrong with that but I felt it wasn't helping him. It was just enabling his poor behaviour.

You did the right thing.
Schizophrenia isn't an excuse to be useless.

In a way, the government WAS out to get him. He found his way into a mental hospital at least three times. But it's his own fault. The police had to stop him from being in the street trying to direct traffic. I feel bad for him and yet I felt he didn't have to do those things.

>we are some strange film on the surface of a realm of chaos

beautifully stated. there is a theory that the universe is a hologram, what do you think about that?

what's your favorite band is it nirvana?

Subject has been identified.
Keep monitoring for any new information.

Seems to me people with schizophrenia are very suggestible. For instance, I made a joke about Scientology to him once. He didn't know what it was, read up on it and became obsessed. And it overtook his life. He would from then on just talk about his much it makes sense and that movie Battlefield Earth was the best movie. Seriously.
The last I heard from him, he was into that flat earth shit. It like he just likes being part of something that people say is wrong.

I dated 2 girls who had paranoid schizoprenia. One of them didn't go full-blown until years after we broke up, and the other kept it a secret and I just thought she was eccentric (until she stopped taking her meds). They ended up meeting each other in the psyche ward. True story.

Good luck to you, OP. I can only imagine how difficult it must be.

Schizophrenia is hard. I regret a lot of things I've done, but I also feel like I hardly had a choice in doing those things. This disease controls us.

I worked with particle simulations in college, and I definitely think it's possible that the universe is a simulation.
It's probably not the most likely option, but it's possible.

I'm really paranoid now because I like Nirvana.

:^)

There is a tendency for obsession with this disease, and we are very suggestible. It's really sad -- being like an exploitable child.

> They ended up meeting each other in the psyche ward.
lmao
It sounds like you need to be more careful swiping right.

From looking at schizophrenic people in the eyes, I can see they have a look about them. There's an oddness about how they look at things and the words they use. And they all have a different fixation that they have. One lady was obsessed with religion. Every conversation got turned into the Bible and Jesus.
The one thing I've noticed is there's two kinds I've encountered. There's one kind that requires you to believe what they believe OR the other kind considers you a stranger even if you've known them for YEARS. They will act as if you don't exist and will only talk if asked something.

Someone gave me a Quran a few years ago. I didn't get what the big deal was. It's just the Bible. Similar stories, nothing worse than what is in the Bible.

I know. My obsession is stupid. I wish I could stop it, but it haunts me. I hear voices in Arabic calling me back to God, calling me a traitor and an infidel. I dream about going to hell. Deeper and deeper into the inferno.

All schizos have elements of both, I'd guess.

>it sounds like you need to be more careful swiping right
Ya think?

It was pretty funny, I hadn't heard from either of them in a few years, and they both contacted me after their stint in the loony bin. They're friends now. I can't even imagine the nuclear blast of crazy that happens when they're together.

Hanging around mentally ill people makes me feel like I'm going crazy as well. I can't stand it. It's like their logic wears away at my mind.

You have no idea how mad it drives us. Each time we get back on the same emotional rollercoaster we've been on a thousand times. The same panic, the same stupid thoughts.

I hate this fucking disease so much.

I think it does mess me up a little. Sometimes I catch myself thinking about something they told me and I'll try to make sense of it. Years can go by and I'll have a flashback of someone's rant about Jesus or 9/11.

It's as if the things they say infect my thoughts.

>When I was a kid I had strange creatures talk to me
>When I was 13 I dropped out of school for a while because I thought people were out to get me
>When I was 18 things suddenly got a lot worse. I started seeing shadow people, hearing voices, etc. and went to the doctor.
Remind me my 5 days amphetamine binge. Events developed in the same way. Well, only shadow people appeared almost in the beginning.

g͕̼͎̺͓͖͇͠o̻̰̞v̟̱̞̳c̼͇̤̙̜̬o̱m̠͕͙̰͈̟m̠ͅ ̩̺͚̜3̩̫3̴̻, ̯33̳̼͙̠̗̟̰,̙͇͇͍̖̖̩́ ͉̦̩̕3̘́3̢̤̻̠̝͍̝͖

On the so called spectrum myself, would think most people that post here are

Sup Forums is a great place to shake it off, but please do not take seriously what is said here

That said

youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjiyb8ggwM

So i got this weird thing, everytime i get high or a bit drunk i start hearing voices, i cant really figure out what they are saying only thing i know is that its something rude or complete bullshit. When i get to high/drunk i start to freak out a bit and then i cant understand what people are saying even if they say it loud and clear. When im sober i always have this bad feeling that something isnt the way it should be and that everyones getting mad and im pissing off people. Is this some kind of first stadium schitophrenia or am i just stupid?

What is your diagnosis ?

Life is indeed short. All we really need to do to put up with ourselves

Give it a try. For one month just be nice to everyone no matter what

Sounds crazy right? Wanted to shoot them in the face, but I kept my glock20 conciliated

But I'm rambling; It get's better

youtube.com/watch?v=Lf65x9w0-rU

cry and laugh with me

shut up and dance with me

youtube.com/watch?v=FUoXnaBXNLQ

would you be willing to practice something like this for a month straight just to see if your symptoms subside?

youtube.com/watch?v=d48Ldk-TPn0

>it feels like the universe is sometimes letting you in on a little secret
Very nicely said user

All 5 of your personalities think you're a faggot.

>currently hearing the voices, worsened with weed
>still posting and carrying on
Are you just jaded, or that just that courageous?

Schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder are 2 completely different things, you obvious mental retard.

Hey OP! Diagnosed with it as well, nice to meet fellow schizos on here.

Here's a few questions, as I always like to compare myself to others with this stuff:
What is it like when you get psychotic, main delusions and hallus?
Do you still believe in parts of your delusions and hallus as being rooted in some kind of reality?
Do you take meds, do you go to therapy?
Hows life treating you? Are you on disability, or do you work or are you in education, school, uni or the like?
How's your social support, got gf, friends, family who support you?
Any plans for the future?

Wrong disorder, idiot

How psychedelic

What is my name, serious question?

Peter

Hey there you damaged faggots... take a look at this link nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml

I'm sure you broken faggots won't agree with your disorder cause you really don't have it. You're just a lonely loser with not real future... so you fake a mental disease when all you wanna do is suck on your moms boob because that the ONLY boob you will ever see. This is a mental disorder. And no on e cares how fucked and stupid you are. Kill yourself. This will be the best thing for society you worthless pieces of shit.

I had a schizo gf , she was pretty cute and calm, but have some trouble with intimacy and sex.
Did you think is more difficult get a schizo female horny ? maybe its just me retarded

>spoken like a true retard
where at this link does it say that schizo = multiple personality disorder (DID)?

Checks out fam. The only symptom listed that I don't have or haven't experienced would be "poor executive decision making", which funnily enough is something you likely wouldn't notice yourself.

can't say if this is true of most schizos but I have a very low sex drive, if it's right there and I'm into her then sure, fun times, but I won't go seeking it out

I'm 27 and both my older brothers are diagnosed schizophrenics... Its coming for me next :(

meh, statistically, puts you at about 9% odds of developing schizo if your siblings have it. also your pretty old and if you haven't developed it already, given that you're male, there's a good chance that you won't become nuts.

Why did you do that? You know it was wrong. Stop playing stupid. I know you know what this means. See you at 4.

No joke, I was about to make this thread can you read my mind?

Hi crazy gentleman, were you born like that? Why did it happen? How? Under what conditions?

No, Sup Forums is just filled with mentally ill lisers

What if I continue smoking weed, isn't that suppose to increase the chance?

Oh you would notice it in hindsight, when properly on a proper dosage of meds. Speaking form experience here, looking back at some of the stuff I deemed as good decisions back when I was on low meds or off meds just makes me cringe.

That's a bit late bby, I was thinking more 10-12, but if you say so

Only if you have inherited the schizo genes. Then it could trigger it sooner or trigger a more intense episode. But if you haven't got the schizo genes, you can basically smoke all you want without ever getting psychotic.

I don't think I'm a schizophrenic. I do have severe OCD, linked to extreme paranoia, anxiety and depression. The OCD/paranoia is hard to explain because it sounds stupid, even to me. But its real in my head. Any schizophrenics with input on OCD and paranoia?

Im the guy with the two schizo brothers, so ya its in my genes.
Both my brothers live in group homes with other nonviolent schizos right now.

Those are different disorders, OCD and schizo, with schizo you don't even need to be paranoid to get the diagnosis, but it certainly helps. So basically your the guy that checks his stove for the 20th time because he's paranoid that his house will burn down otherwise? and then checks again and again every dial on it just to make sure?

Contrast this with pic related (my first psychosis), completely different set of shoes.

It doesn't need to be in your genes, the schizo genes are very specific genes that you might not have inherited, even if your brothers did.
Statistically the chances are as said, 9% for you to have inherited it too. See this page for further clarification:
schizophrenia.com/research/hereditygen.htm

How does the medicine make you feel? Is having this illness fun at any point? Like acid without paying for it? Or is it always negative? Does the medicine work? Or does it dull you to the point where there is no point in living?

I had an interesting chat about disorders with a rather scattered but otherwise pleasant girl who was selling me buds at the time. She actually mentioned OCD inquiringly in relation to me, and explained that it can produce very similar symptoms, even suggesting that one of my "fuzzed out" "memories" could have actually caused OCD in me with symptoms similar to schizophrenia. I'm not sure I agree or even fully understand her perspective on this but she was a very self-aware person and I am inclined to believe her.
Until that conversation I seriously thought OCD was nothing more than an appreciation of neatness.

Not OP, but I think he left and I'm bored so I'll answered as diagnosed schizo myself.

>How does the medicine make you feel?
at the beginning it was though, felt like moving around all the time, like being trapped in my body wanting to move around more than I could, but I stuck with it and this effect subsided. now I don't feel any special negative side effects anymore.
>Is having this illness fun at any point?
>Like acid without paying for it?
>Or is it always negative?
it's very exhausting for both mind and body, full blown psychosis, and unlike with acid it lasts for months and not just a few hours and there's no way to come down from it, but it has it's perks, see pic of this post: >Does the medicine work?
yes, no psychosis or symptoms anymore.
>Or does it dull you to the point where there is no point in living?
with abilify I can work again, and do a good job too. my boss recently even told me to quit work and get back to university because I'm to smart for this shit, and my psychiatrist agrees that we should give it a shot. studying IT at uni means lots of higher math, but I feel up for the challenge, I'll just have to see how that turns out though.

Delusions you stupid faggots. No one cares about your fake disease.You have a small dick and you're pissed lol. I'm so happy its so easy to take your chicks from you guys. Oh your bf was a fucking psychopath... gimme some head. I just pulled some bitch tonight that was dating a "nice guy". Shit is so easy. Same with faggots with mental disorders. They're good girls at first but they're just as tired of that shit as anyone else. And having a girl suck your dick after she's been through so much is amazing. Thanks crazy anons. Believe me, your gfs cannot wait to suck some strange dick. lol. Gimme a name and I'll prove how easy it is.

I'm proud of you. I have a lot of family members diagnosed with this and I have one more weird question. Have you ever done Molly? And if so do you think it helps? Is there any illegal drug that dulls it? I would imagine heroin or oxy might ( because it has a way of surprising certain feelings/thoughts) but I don't know of anyone who's tried it, I'm just trying to see if there is anything to that theory.

All kinds of psychodelics are harmful if you suffer from psychosis or schizo. Especially weed. But LSD, shrooms, even molly could potentially trigger a psychotic episode. I've never done anything other than smoking fucktons of weed when I was younger.

Opiates on the other hand, while posing all kinds of other problems, are fine in that regard, and don't trigger psychotic episodes. So you could technically still do heroin without making your schizo worse. If it actually helps is another question. I wouldn't know, never tried it.

what kind of things do the voices tell you to do

I wish I could find someone who's tried it because doctors obviously would never look into that connection. I was pre med and dropped out. I always feel that there is medicinal uses for illegal drugs that no one will ever explore. Which I think is absolute bullshit.