/P/hilosophy thread

/P/hilosophy thread.
How does it feel to Know that everything You do in life will be wiped away after you die Unless you make your mark on History?
> Nietzschean existentialism

>Unless you make your mark on History?
You'll still eventually be forgotten

History will be wiped away too. Everything will. Surrender to impermanence and free yourself from the chains of shame and expectation.

>never reading any of nietzcheā€™s work
>implying he was a moody asshole like you
>implying implication

At least The Ruins of your legacy will one day be Uncovered.

> implying I Haven't read Nietzsche.

>Implying we know that anything
>inb4 cogito ergo sum

You aren't who you are until you have stuggled.

What the fuck is that deepity. Uninstall.

If I'm not trying to impress anybody now, I'm sure as hell not trying to impress anyone in the future

You dont have to Impress anyone Just leave a Big old mark On the pages of History.

>implication

What is all this garbage?

My ego doesn't need it

Mein niger

Your ego is the problem. you need to overcome your ego.

>making your mark on history
>history will fade and people in 2300 might read a sentence or two about you, won't care much. Maybe a handful of scholars will care a little more
>more time goes by, it's 2700. You're as far back as medieval times are to us. maybe a handful of people know a blip about you or what you did. no one really cares.
>It's 2900. what happened and what you did when you were alive is completely irellevent to people now. Anything physical you created has crumbled to dust by now. Any digital data is stored amongst trillions of other records.

>it's 3018. no one knows your name. no one remembers anything about what YOU did.

> it's 6743. You've been dead for almost 5000 years. Lost eternally to the sands of time. .....Did you even exist in the first place?

Even for Sup Forums, this thread is disgusting. None of this is philosophy.

Even if you don't nesecerilly Make an everlasting mark that doesn't mean that it isn't important to at least attempt it since Nothing matters what is keeping you from becoming your true self?

Does this imply that we should live our lives to the fullest however we want to, or that life is meaningless and we shouldn't even try, as it won't make a difference?

Life is meaningless so you should do whatever you want.

Overcome your ego to become your true self.