Why hollywood doing this? Taking masterpiece and creating a shit sequel. I know milking money is a shalow reason...

Why hollywood doing this? Taking masterpiece and creating a shit sequel. I know milking money is a shalow reason, but dont they have even a slitest shame or cultural care

money.

They are making a sequel to the live-action Ghost in the Shell movie?

men you are out of the loop, they all ready made sitty sequel

As a protip, before you ask any question about anything ever, apply the answer "profit" to it and see if it works. 99.9% of the time you'll see that it's correct.

The answer is

Have you seen the movie Lockout? Above average rescue movie with the terribly miscast Guy Pearce as the main one-man army sent into an orbital prison to rescue the President's daughter?

Jon Carpenter sued the film makers claiming that they stole his idea from Escape From New York. He won and they were ordered to pay him damages. They appealed and lost and ordered to pay more.

Now imagine if, somewhere early in production, someone said that it was a lot like Escape From New York? And they went ahead and paid for the IP.

We would've got a remake of the awesomely classic Escape From New York that nobody asked for or wanted. Just like Robocop. Just like Total Recall. Just like Ghostbusters. And just like we're getting Ocean's 8.

>dont they have even a slitest shame or cultural care
No. Isn't that obvious?

i was watched every single release of every ghost in the shell work since i was a kid.

i was also angry about this.

Jews

Why? It was one of the few actually decent live action cross overs I think you're all just fucking butthurt because these directors are making bank and drowning in pussy while you jerk off to toys and drown in mtn dew

Stop being 12.

no because it was not cannon at all. almost every single scene was fucked and the only thing that made it ghost in the shell was the setting and costumes. dog shit film that even botched the names of the main characters. kill yourself nigger faggot.

to bad the art was the only good thing. kudos Weta. Everything else was shit. They didnt even understand the inner workings and deeper hidden truths.

Lol stay mad fags I thought it was decent and your canon argument is flawed considering most of GITS contradicts itself causing even the creators to pretty much go "fuck what's canon shut up and enjoy our shit"

you have never watched ghost in the shell then fag lol.

enjoy being wrong idiot.

I enjoyed it.
Not even bait.

>didn't read gits

>slitest

basically, anyone who saw the footage of them building props would cry, the care and detail they put into those designs were wasted on this shit

>Why hollywood doing this? Taking masterpiece and creating a shit sequel. I know milking money is a shalow reason, but dont they have even a slitest shame or cultural care
If you've payed even the slightest attention to the propensity of hollywood to get as much as possible out literally anything then you would not be asking this.

They made a movie about battleship the board game. They made an emoji movie. Look at all the star wars garbage after the original trilogy. a dozen movies about transformers and furious cars, not too mention the vacant twilight series.

Artistic integrity doesn't matter to them, money is first. Perhaps at the independent film festivals you will see something unique and expressive, but not the big budget shit that has been on continuous recycle loop for decades.