/noise/ general

Discuss any good noise content you've heard recently. Also, anyone near San Antonio, Texas should try to make it out here Saturday :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QB4zN6rZvHM
youtube.com/watch?v=CEbknly488M
youtube.com/watch?v=94eAjWY-zig
youtube.com/watch?v=XWkNhcM1Bvk
youtube.com/watch?v=hvBOnvZJYak
youtube.com/watch?v=jyjQsRNH3sM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=QB4zN6rZvHM

Seems like I good lineup I've seen Misery Ritual perform and they're pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=CEbknly488M

youtube.com/watch?v=94eAjWY-zig

yeah he's rowdy as fuck

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=XWkNhcM1Bvk

Recently started getting into the noise scene in New Orleans since punk is kinda stale right now. It's really good here, artist and fan-wise. Saw some good acts open for Dalek last week. Guy named Corey Cruse runs most of the gigs if you're looking to book.

Someone loaned me a Danelectro Talk Back that I played my 12 string guitar through at an improv noise rock show with two drummers last week.

That's all.

Is it possible to get a deep, bassy, oscillating drone with just no-input mixing + distortion + delay, or do I need to feed it external signal? I got some nice drones and some really cool squeaky, watery sounds out of it, but it's all way too high with treble, I'm looking for a deeper drone. Is the nature of the signal just not made for that?

youtube.com/watch?v=hvBOnvZJYak

>Corey Cruse
haha lol ive never met him but i hear about him alot. Have you met Jesse Kling AKA rape-x yet?
Probably just the stuff you're using, you should try to mess with the EQ and force it to be bassy. Cutting the mids and boosting the treble and bass usually help make more bass.

I tried that, but seeing as how no input works, the eq mostly just does... Random things, it doesn't really act as an EQ. Gueaa I'll need another mix or a pitch shifter.

you'll figure it out eventually you aren't going to be a master in 2 days

Well yeah, obviously. I'm just wondering if it's even possible on my current setup. Worst case scenario I can just feed it the oscillation from a laptop or something.

It could just be because youre using a guitar amp and it doesnt have as good of a frequency range. Some people use keyboard + bass amp

I actually right now only use the amp as a speaker, I haven't yet done any feedback loops with it or anything like that, and I'm recording everything to digital, so it's not that.

On that note, how do you guys deal with postprocessing / mastering noise? I have to turn my headphones to like 2% volume even after normalizing it because its so loud.

Most people ive asked say they pay people to master it for them. Mastering music is a career in of itself.

hubertlindy.bandcamp.com

Bump

>how do you guys deal with postprocessing / mastering noise? I have to turn my headphones to like 2% volume even after normalizing it because its so loud

DON'T MASTER WITH HEADPHONES

I made this mistake so many times and would always end up with a whisper quiet "final mix" that sounded like shit.

Mix loud and listen to it as you would listen to any other track. By all means use headphones as a tool to fine tune, but don't make the mistake of doing it all through headphones.

youtube.com/watch?v=jyjQsRNH3sM
Ever listened to Brainbombs and wondered what it would be like if it was pervyer, french, and danceable?

Oh yeah I know that, I normally only use my phones for mix, but my point was that the file is so loud I .basically can't listen to it on headphones at all, and wondering how to turn it down to normal loudness levels

Just scored a DigiTech Hit Head for $15 did I do good Sup Forums?

Yeah man, I caught Rape X before I even knew anyone just out of boredom and curiosity one night.

My band, gf, and best friends moved to the city instead of driving here every weekend to play punk shows and pretty much immediately threw a delay pedal and big muff on my rig and started playing noise rock lol, it's great.

I went to a noise show in Houston a few years ago and it was laaaaaaaaame and everyone was a dick. Could be because I was travelling on orders and wearing Coast Guard p.t. gear and looking pretty square I guess, but those dudes sucked. I got made fun of for liking Aaron Dilloway but some fat shirtless drunk in cargo shorts.

Bump

Give me some recs for scummy and disgusting things thanks