/daily/ - "dead" edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kahimi_karie/nunki/
rbt.asia/mu/
sacredphrases.bandcamp.com/album/something-in-the-water
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aln/something-in-the-water/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yvonne_loriod/vingt_regards_sur_lenfant_jesus/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jakob_van_domselaer/piano_music__kees_wieringa__piano_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/leif-ove-andsnes/piano-sonata-1_x_1905-in-the-mists-on-the-overgrown-path-series-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nicolas-hodges-rolf-hind/complete-piano-works/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ensemble_fa_dominique_my_jeffrey_milarksy/empreintes__veils__and_shards/
youtube.com/watch?v=mtPKDHdS5bM
youtube.com/watch?v=lpIlo8tGbSo
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/71bd55e130d590a43dac42266a79fafa.png
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/3e1090f4a12ec56d3b06978c3442acad.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

please don't die this time

more penis posts please

RIP quintessential Canadian man

for da boys

anyone here ever listen to this album? on the final song there's like a weird cameo appearance of what I think is Caroline from Doopee Time and I'm trying to figure out if there's any connection. it's been driving me crazy

This isn't an awful album, you fucks.

More like you'd have to pay me a million to listen to it for 22 minutes

Mr. Lahey and Gord died, are they gonna take Tim Hortons next?

Are you talking about "You Are Here for a Light" or the bonus track?

More like 22 seconds of this album feels like a million hours

Oh, I didn't know it was a bonus. Yeah, it's Aruki Tsuzukete

Also, yes, Yann Tomita, Suzi Kim, Yumiko Ohno, and Caroline Novac are all credited on that album as are "Doopes" as one entity:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kahimi_karie/nunki/

Also Sachiko M, Jim O'Rourke, Keigo Oyamada (of Flippers Guitar), Kiyohiko Senba (of Haniwa-Chan), Yasuhiro Yoshigaki (ground-zero/Otomo Yoshihide collaborator), and Otomo Yoshihide are all listed in the credits.

She's also worked with Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Orchestra, The Olivia Tremor Control, Momus, and Fishmans side-project Buffalo Daughter.

Literally the most poseurcore artist ever

Also she's somehow Cornelius, but I have a harder time finding those connections

>No Keiji Haino
>No random avant-slav bands
>No harsh noise wall groups
Is she even trying? baka

why am I just hearing about this now? Why are Japanese underground musicians so well-connected?

Why the fuck didn't I think to just look at the RYM page? I'm dumb. Thanks for the info, it was driving me crazy.
>Literally the most poseurcore artist ever
I'm not sure what this means

hey my /daily/ friends. it's been a while since I've been on here, especially I moved in to my college dorm. I was interested in getting a couple of albums, but can not get anything using slsk or even bittorrent on this campus. Could y'all help me out with that? A lot of it are the essentials from some of the daily users:

Alan Lee Jazz Quartet - Gallery 1973
Nikhail Banerjee - Afternoon Ragas
Uun Budiman And Jugala Gamelan - Banonjari
Ensemble Dastan and Salar Aghili - Endless Ocean
Cornell Owl Comp
Sondre Lerche - Self-Titled, Please, Heartbeat Radio, Faces Down Quartet
Batfinks - Mosisac
C.F. Schulz - Das Ohr am Gleis
Element Choir - Roseland United

isn't Keigo Oyamada from Flippers Guitar Cornelius?

pic

>no serialist composers
yeah you're right it can't be

lol yeah I'm a dumbass idk how I forgot that

use archive

rbt.asia/mu/

search "album" plus "mega"

>but can not get anything using slsk or even bittorrent on this campus
does your campus strictly follow trackers? I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for slsk

This pic makes me feel bad about myself, pls delete

Post corrections before I go to edit this in a couple hours

is poseurcore a bad thing? cuz I love like half of this chart :(

bless u

it's just a blanket term for semi-obscure albums often praised on /rym/ and /daily/ that Montie made because he was mad everyone made fun of him for liking Oasis. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

It's true patrician music like Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Pale Cocoon, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, Natalie Rose LeBrecht, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, zeitkratzer, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Jorge Ben, Aporea, Half Japanese, Pelt, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Hijokaidan, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, Djeli Moussa Diawara, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Raphael Rogiński, Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze or Kaoru Abe

>that Montie made because he was mad everyone made fun of him for liking Oasis.
lmao okay I don't feel so bad now
shit I guess I have a long way to go to be patrician

I wonder who this could be

yes it is, go back to listen to green day

depends on which half

could be reduced to 1 or 2 albums per person
and depending on how long they've been around

Reccing this for anyone that wants some heavy electroacoustic ambient. The guitarist and bassist are apparently from Swans.

sacredphrases.bandcamp.com/album/something-in-the-water

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/aln/something-in-the-water/

vaporwave sucks

Hello friends, please listen

eat my fingers

Agreed. It's his nest work.

To be fair i havent listened to any of his other stuff but i dig 22 a million a lot

Hearing this, some pretty fun (instrumentally fun) Rap Rock in spanish.

This is the album that contains Apocalypshit, the song used in the Breaking Bad Pilot, so well if you liked that song back then and want hear some really solid latin alternative music i guess this is your chance.

The lyrics feature misogyny but well, whatever, if it was by the lyrics i guess i won't like a lot of music i like today, i'm going to hear the Omar Rodriguez Lopez & Lydia Lunch EP later for compensate.

Probably between a 6/10 or 70/100

>MOOG INDIGO is poseur
It's literally used as children's shows bgm, that's funny

Also where's Pekinese Orchestra I thought that would be top poseur.

round 1 matchup 1!
transgod vs. rudi:
titus andronicus - the monitor vs. nigga creep - demons takin over me

titus andronicus - the monitor
was honestly bored for most of it. didn't like the shouty, unmelodic vocals over the relatively stale electric guitars. when vocals are yelpy i prefer the instrumentation to be either prettier or more chaotic. overlong, winding songs for the most part as well. not terrible though. and that "you'll always be a loser" coda on no future part three is fun as fuck.
5/10 neutral ~
favorite tracks: a more perfect union, no future part three: escape from no future, ...and ever

nigga creep - demons taking over me
standard underground memphis. messy, lo-fi production, saved by pretty fun flows and over-the-top lyrics. still don't think it's "good" though.
5/10 neutral ~
favorite tracks: fuckin with the killaz, hoes ain't just hoes, turn into killaz

in a real close matchup, rudi edges out transgod with what was overall just a more fun record.
thanks for participating transgod!
send me your next rec whenever you wish, rudi

>>
The Ronettes - Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes featuring Veronica

Jangle died?

isnt jangle an evil aussie anti-human

whoa
back at it again

Reminder that if you think most music is 0.5 (borderline unlistenable, total garbage) you should get a less retarded rating system or try a new hobby

Ok but no one here does this

real controversial stuff right here

Reminder rating systems rnt universal

Reminder.

Rec me classical solo piano albums composed between 1890-1950 that isn't serialism.
Gold standard:
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/yvonne_loriod/vingt_regards_sur_lenfant_jesus/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jakob_van_domselaer/piano_music__kees_wieringa__piano_/

do it you fucks

do what

it you fuck

OMNI MULTI-TASK LISTEN

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all of Ravel's solo compositions........
janacek too
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/leif-ove-andsnes/piano-sonata-1_x_1905-in-the-mists-on-the-overgrown-path-series-1/
i dont get this picture if rudi advances how come you drew a line for transgod

most of /rym/ and sellmeagod runoff do something similar

I do this with most films but to be fair most are borderline unwatchable

tryin

you're watching bad films loser

not wrong

Heard but thank, might listen to it anyways

n-nani
you should listen to other ravel piano works that aren't solo if you liked it
also string quartet

I'm not currently interested in classical music with violins that isn't minimalism.
I know right, crucify me.

do you like minimalist cause it reminds you of youre small penis yes you do..

Actually the opposite; I listen to minimal music to juxtapose my trouser monstrosity.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/nicolas-hodges-rolf-hind/complete-piano-works/

New complexity isn't exactly a far step from serialism

Well fine you fat pork
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ensemble_fa_dominique_my_jeffrey_milarksy/empreintes__veils__and_shards/

These are the albums I could not find on the archive. And I don't know, but I don't want to risk anything.

Did you even read my post you goof

youtube.com/watch?v=mtPKDHdS5bM
did qwerty make this song

have you ever tried tracking on campus internet? the worst that'll happen is you'll get an email saying "don't"

torrenting of any sorts doesn't work here, and slsk never worked here on the laptop anyway.

yes

forgot how good teen suicide were

scriabin sonatas (Ashkenazy or Sofronitzky)
p much all of scriabin desu
messiaen's catalogue d'oiseaux
debussy preludes
some bartok probably

>scriabin sonatas (Ashkenazy or Sofronitzky)
lol I'm downloading that right now ;)
Heard all Debussy, Messiaen and some Bartok. Rec me a Bartok release?

>light theme

it's like you're TRYING to be pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=lpIlo8tGbSo
ddint listen to anything else but i bet all the stuff based on folk songs is cool as heck

Well you rec'd spectralism composed in the 1990's with an ensemble, meeting 0% of the criteria

will giver a go

you said no serialism not spectralism %]

I also use Itunes, neither of which affect my ability to listen to music.

>slsk never worked here on the laptop anyway
Do you have a netbook from 2007 or

no I've had it for about four years. I don't why it's buggy with slsk but it is.

If you can't be ready for electroacoustic spectralism at any moment how will you be ready for real life....

Damn
Destroyed

Already rec'd this by single letter man; haven't heard this particular recording so I'll give it a listen if it's on soulseek.

Why the fucking hell are so many classical recordings only in 192kbps, I'm not fucking listening to that.
Is there a higher quality version that you know of?

yes on spotify, but it's called 'piano music'

also i have more stuff from 1850-1890, the period you mentioned is quite interesting though, tell me if you hear anything noteworthy

thank, just got spotify last night because I couldn't find a dl of Van Domselaer

nice, it's very good for classical, especially since finding specific recordings on slsk and the like is so hard
it's also decent for jazz, it has everything, but it's always RVG edition with all the bonus tracks and tracklists in general can be weird.
also check out shostakovich, sibelius and strauss i guess, haven't heard any of their solo piano stuff but they do have some (just go to the composers' pages on rym)

Anything closer to Debussy's Estampes than Bach's Goldberg Variations I'm open to.

WTF!! rigged!

because 192 is the patrician bitrate

oh and of course rachmaninoff, ravel, and prokofiev

>spotify for classical
Pretty much all classical musicians use Naxos at this point

use these
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/71bd55e130d590a43dac42266a79fafa.png
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/3e1090f4a12ec56d3b06978c3442acad.png

and then just go to the composers' pages on rym and go to the 'solo instrument' section

Can you rec specific recordings for Rachmaninoff and Prokofiev pls

neat-o
>and then just go to the composers' pages on rym and go to the 'solo instrument' section
I do this all the time, but they don't specify the instrument so I end up with a bunch of organ and flute stuff a lot of the time.
Then I find a piano album that looks dope and can't find a dl of it. Classical is a struggle man.

I'm studying right now and don't have time to explore which is why I want to be spoonfed atm.

uh depends on what you like
i guess rachmaninoffs own recordings are nice, but i can't really stand older recordings and really like high quality so i listen to Ashkenazy
i like perlman so heard his recording of prokofievs sonatas, but again, it's personal preference

yeah i'd do that, especially because it's so cheap but i don't have a credit card and they don't accept paypal :/

>uh depends on what you like
being rec'd specific recordings ;0

I have Naxos access through my university, but I think quite a few public libraries offer access to it for free as long as you have a library card. At least the one where I'm from does. Maybe check up on that, it's a really great resource to have.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

hm i'm from the netherlands where they hate the arts so the only thing i have free access to is microsoft office, but i'll check to be sure

TKOL is the best Radiohead album

Reflektor is the best Arcade Fire album

debate me

isnt there a provrb like "dont engage with idiots even on music forums"

It's actually Pablo Honey and Everything Now if you want to be like that