Why don't the Japanese just scrap Kanji and just use Hiragana?

Why don't the Japanese just scrap Kanji and just use Hiragana?

Even the Koreans got rid of their Chinese alphabets a long time ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V5f3RuOx8Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=KYGAjuhWNCE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It makes writing more dynamic I guess.
I imagine that within the next 50 years we will see Kanji fade away through people simply not caring.

what does a japanese spelling mistake look like?

because of convenience

The truth is that Kanji i.e. Chinese writing is faster to read. Koreans HATE to admit it, but Hangul is slowier, clumsier, and far less elegant than Japanese, which easily blends the speed and historical connotative power of Kanji with a quick verbal alphabet.

And now they're illiterate retards

Because japanese writing system is fucked up from the essence, so they simply embraced it

Lol no. Chinese writings primary purpose is complete written writing across many languages with no loss in meaning. Japanese writhing in it's current form pretty much raped that aspect hard over the course of centuries

Japanese can't function without kanji.

Why do German and Japanese go so well together?

Because there is love there.
youtu.be/V5f3RuOx8Gs

Its result

I know, It's just that kanji was made for the tonal system of China, and Japan lost the tones making it a clusterfuck of homophones and similar words.

japanese has way much more homonym than chinese and korean because of the lack of sounds and it's written language becomes disfunctional without chinese characters.

The kanji is convenient to skip.

This is because we can understand the meaning of the sentence to some extent instantly if we watch the kanji.

Yeah.Japanese is one of the most many homophones language in the world.
So we need Kanji and we pride of Kanji as our culture because we changed Chinese characters that come to Japan about 1500 years ago to Japanese Kanji.

I think so.
The existence of Kanji is convenient to read fastly,too.

>Even the Koreans got rid of their Chinese alphabets a long time ago.

it's the stupidest act they have ever done to themselves. Kanji is very useful and faster to read more than Katakana alone.

However Hangul has much pronounce and combinations than Japanese Hiragana(or Katakana).

The Roman alphabet is far more practical than either

why don't the Japanese just use rōmaji?

Homophones, like they said above.

>Many civilizations apart from Rome

>Use Roman letters of colonisers

You can't get more cucked senpai. I rather use a Indian script

Why is Japanese always angry? We do not feel uncomfortable in writing Hangul

Rome is the master of the world
better to just accept it

>Even the Koreans got rid of their Chinese alphabets a long time ago.
What you are stating here is basically the same as we should all start putting food on the floor and not using kitchen utensils to eat it as dogs eat that way

Because they are fucking netoyo.
I'm sorry.

it is only reason that 漢字 is more convinient than alpabet.

you are not vietnamese

I'm really surprised that jap tried that much hard to make this kind of things just bashing korea. wow really impressive.

Have you try reading a full text book full of hiragana?

abandoned Chinese characters and adopted latin characters won't make you less cucked you know

Chinese burnt all the Vietnamese history and records from before the Ming invasion that wasn't in classical Chinese
China is full of ungrateful cucks so better to abandon them

Japan is already using the latin
alphabet.They use the latin alphabet when typing kanji

Don't koreans do the same, or can you just type directly in hangul with a keyboard?

A general Japanese must learn the kanji of 2,136 characters.
Right! I've had enough.

>says Chinese Taipei

We did the same to the Chams through...

of course
Normally consonants are on the left(green) and vowels are on the right(orange)

yeah you have enough reason to do this, but the consequences are also yours

Then how are you able to speak in Japanese?

Not that guy, apart from looking ugly to foreigners, the Latin alphabet for Vietnam is very effective. Vietnamese has more complex phonology than both Japanese, Korean and even some branchs of Chinese, so homophones are not at all a problem. And it's pretty phonetic also.

*Vietnamese

this desu

Visual telepathy.

take a hint

coz we are not like gooks who abandoned own culture and now they can't remember what they did in history at all. fucking pathetic.

chinese use fake 漢字
taiwanese uses real 漢字

I think 繁体字 is cool.

I looked into their schizophrenic writing system once, it's really quite a mess

I'm sure it works for you if you're used to it, but you are in fact still going to memorize thousands of symbols, even if you don't need to memorize them all

fuck them lol
Vietnam is a Triton among minnows in SEA

Yeah, "cá lớn hiếp cá bé".

I feel that it's hypocrite through.

HOLY SHIT 先輩
that's savage
how will 韓國人 every recover?
so you are saying latin fit vietnamese better than hanji?
i may wanna see some comparisons expample

Too many homonyms. Written Japanese would become retarded.
Plus Kanji has its advantages when you get used to it. Very compact for one, and it's quickly read. I don't see why you would want to get rid of it.

>Japanese is one of the most many homophones language in the world
No, it isn't, do you have a source for that claim? I'v never seen any study comparing the rate of homophones in different languages, It's just gaijins with their cartoon-like view of East Asia who hold those positions, maybe for a person that knows just basic Japanese seems that the language has many homopones because they do not know about pitch accent

Not hanji, chữ Nôm, Hanji is just Chinese characters, chữ Nôm is more complex.

This is number in chữ Nôm:
youtube.com/watch?v=KYGAjuhWNCE

Chinese loanwords, half of the time, we directly take the Chinese characters, the other time, we make new ones. Native words, we smashed the roots with Nôm characters with similar pronunciation.

AHHHHHHH

Jeez, that looks fucking horrifying lol

>I'm sure it works for you if you're used to it, but you are in fact still going to memorize thousands of symbols, even if you don't need to memorize them all
Writing systems with a deep orthography (or ones that try to have a deep orthography like English) are more similar to logographic writing systems than to systems with a more phonetic-based shallow orthographies

It's almost impossible to read serious books with difficult contents without kanji.
Just the thought of doing it gives me a headache.
Abandoning Japanese and adopting English as our official language makes more sense than abandoning Kanji.
Both will never happen though.

Check these Tangut script. Check the Khitan's, too.

And as you can see, the writing system one uses doesn't have any impact in literacy skills

chữ Nôm is notoriously difficult to learn and was rarely if ever an official script, plus the Chinese would invade periodically to burn everything written in it.

Latin has improved literacy massively and allowed for more literature in the modern era

Our most meme piece of literature (truyện Kiều) was written in chữ Nôm through. :DDDD

pretty funny post

you should kill yourself

It's easier to read
Imagine English sentences without any spaces between words
Well, maybe you could make spaces between words in hiragana/katakana
But since they don't have any meanings in them unlike Kanji
You would have to read it, sound it out, and then with that sound and context, you'd have to figure out what the word is
With kanji, you could just take a glimpse at the word and know what it means

that's just retarded

five thousand four hundred and seventy eight

get it now?

What about listening? Even with the pitch-accent system many of them will still be homophones. If you closed your eyes and listened to a news report how much would you understand?

>Imagine English sentences without any spaces between words
Yeahthat'snotreallythathard. Ifyou'reanativespeakeryoushouldbeabletopickitupinstantly.

no

Strawman, but I do agree it's not a good comparison.

Do you even read korean you fat fuck? Lol

I agree that English is a retarded language, but no.

From my experience it's mostly cadence and pitch, which isn't reflected for the most part in written form. Also context I guess.

You know putting food on floor is like how cavemen did and kanji is literally a fucking cavemen language

>whats your name?
>takeda
>how do you write it?
>bamboo take and field da

This is common talk between japanese holy shit

A lot of Japanese don't know the majority of the Kanji they learned in school.

Most don't even know stuff like battle, they just know very basic kanji that they see everywhere or ones specific to their job/hobbies.

But then again I might not be talking to the extremely educated Japanese.

Well asking for spelling is pretty common in every countries
I think kanji is retarded but that's not a good example lad

Korean has more conjugations, more words, more sounds, less homophones and more nuanced grammar than Japanese. Therefore it is not completely crippled without the use of chinkrunes.

This makes Japs mad because their language is eternally cucked and reads like a baby babbling if you take away their chinkrunes.

Chinks get mad because they feel that the Koreans just tossed away their cultural achievement and turned their backs on them.

Yeah this.
Cheers lad you get the point

I mean fuck, common japs you gotta admit what's true
You may be comfortable with kanjis because well, maybe you studied hard at school but the truth is, kanji is never easier than other characters
And to be honest I know there's pros and cons
Hangul is too easy all kinds of retards and even fucking toddlers leave stupid stuffs on the internet while only educated Japanese can use internet
So don't get your butt hurt and stop crying like a bunch of fucking pussies and you gotta admit that Kanji is NOT some kind of god tier shit

underrated post. I don't mind the Hanzi characters themselves because they actually work pretty well with Chinese.

Kanji on the other hand is straight up retardation.

Poor jap bastard still think it's empire era and living in a fantasy
They still think Japan is the god like country and it's the best in every sides

It's stuff like this that really makes me appreciate how simple, clear, and concise the phonetic alphabet is as well as how basic the English language is insofar as the usage of the characters goes.

I've got twenty-six letters, ten numerals, and a dozen or so bits of punctuation to remember along with the very occasional inflection and that's it.

Mind you, the full expansion of 1,659,118 in English is "one million six hundred fifty-nine thousand one hundred eighteen" which is just as lengthy as the moon runes here. Though numbers that large/complex are almost never spelled out in English, becuase why would you bother, and even when they are they're simpler to decipher. Though maybe that's just my English speaking brain talking.

To be fair to the Japs they're doing alright for themselves, all things considered.

Of course, they have their own laundry list of problems though, just like any other country.

What I'm saying is that I know japs are doing fine
I never thought Japan is damned country
I know they were and still are very well known wealthy country and I really enjoyed staying in Tokyo
But fuck those retards who still believe that Japan is the BEST in every way
Everything's got pros and cons so do Japanese lifestyles

bump

Don't the Koreans have a linguistic purism movement where they substitute Sino-vocabulary for new coinages?

What if Japanese had such a movement to reduce the number of homophones in their language, such that using kanji would no longer be necessary?

>Don't the Koreans have a linguistic purism movement where they substitute Sino-vocabulary for new coinages?

We're working on it. Google '순우리말 운동' if you can speak Korean.

>What if Japanese had such a movement to reduce the number of homophones in their language, such that using kanji would no longer be necessary?

Because then Japanese will be completely different from now just like newspeak in 1984.

My kanji knowledge is garbage but even I struggle to read too much hiragana in a row. It's very difficult to parse without kanji breaking it up and making clear distinctions between homophones.

だいたい漢字にケチ付けてるやつの中で日本語wかってるやつがどんだけいんのよ

So Kanji is the difficult alphabet, in which single letters have the meaning of words?
What's the simple alphabet called? Does it convey syllables or single sounds, like the Latin alphabet?

ひらがなばっかだとまぁ~そのぶんしょうはたいへんたいへんよみづらくなっちゃうし、かんじはひつようですね
ちゅうごくさま、ばんざい

>Don't the Koreans have a linguistic purism movement where they substitute Sino-vocabulary for new coinages?
Hey we're doing it too. :DDDD

syllables.

Mao wanted to romanize Chinese, but fucking Stalin told him to stop being a cuck. Now they're stuck with an overly complex and ancient writing system which doesn't belong in computer era because of some Georgian

>just change the script
That sounds like a logistical nightmare in the highest form, especially for a place like Japan that's already very developed in many ways and still trying to catch up to modernity in others. I feel like it would be much easier to do this if Japan was far less developed but as it stands it would be a huge undertaking and we'd all be dead before we saw the end of it.

カタカナとヘイヨウするコトでナンとかヨみヤスくならね?

>Hangul is slowier, clumsier, and far less elegant than Japanese
U wot?
Hangul is literally the easiest alphabet to learn. It's quick, elegant and pretty. I'm not even a koreaboo but have to admit that it's the most efficient Asian alphabet.

Japanese is endearing in a disorganized kind of way. It looks a complete mess with its 3 fucking alphabets.