What is the best Evil Dead movie and why is it Army of Darkness?

What is the best Evil Dead movie and why is it Army of Darkness?

Evil Dead 2>Army of Darkness>Ash vs Evil Dead>Evil Dead 1>Evil Dead remake.

All are good and I'm not shitting on the remake as it was pretty good and funny.

I've only seen the original trilogy so far but Army of Darkness >>> Evil Dead > Evil Dead 2

>Army of Darkness
>above AvED
>above anything

its army of darkness ofc!

All of them are great (even the remake) but I agree with you

AoD>ED2>ED>EDR

Having this shit taste to not think that AoD is GOAT

it went full retard

I like it OP but AoD isn't like Evil Dead 1 and 2.

Ash vrs Evil Dead is the best one yet
also, My name is Bruce

I actually agree. I've found AoD is super love-it-or-hate-it, and is generally people's favorite or least favorite movie in the series.

Putting Ash in more scenes were he wasn't fighting for his life so he had more opportunities to be a prick was great. Not to mention it had some of the best lines.

Plus, its pretty unique in that I can't think of another action/adventure/horror/comedy flick.

That being said, I will agree that ED2 is probably the better film overall. But AoD is my personal favorite.

im sad ash vs evil dead is getting shit views :(

i hope at least they dont cancel until season 3

they said s3 is laready ordered

>ranking Red.dit vs Evil Dead over any of the movies

I'm sorry you have to go back

Evil Dead 2 > Evil Dead > Army of Darkness > Ash vs. Evil Dead > Evil Dead Remake

This is objective and non-debatable, if you try to argue otherwise you out yourself as a huge pleb.

How are it's ratings compared to other Starz shows? High ratings aren't as important on subscription cable.

not sure, but last season wasnt even top 3 if i recall correctly, and the last episode was an all time low

The original Evil Dead is a cinema tentpole and in a lot of ways is the ultimate French New Wave movie to the point that it's essentially the last authentic New Wave movie. Comparing it to its follow-ups isn't worth the bother. It's mechanics are on a higher level.

Evil Dead 2 is obviously great, albeit in a different way. It's better than Army of Darkness in terms of narrative control, and its conclusion is one of cinema's greatest promises but Army of Darkness just doesn't quite prevail in providing a conclusion to that promise. It's because that promise simply wasn't possible in the late 1980s and early 90s.

The remake is shit. I don't keep up with the show but I imagine it's doing what it should be doing, far removed from its origins but still from a place of deep investment.

>the ultimate French New Wave movie
>the last authentic New Wave movie
What the fuck are you talking about?

Anyone ranking army of darkness or 2 or the remake over the original are clearly children and don't remember the effect the first movie had on people at the time.

>Evil Dead was so great, Rami decided to make it again

Try harder.

Above your paygrade, I'm getting the feeling.

Army of Darkness is not an Evil Dead movie

This. the original is a fucking classic. 2 was such a waste of time. might be the biggest waste of time and the most disappointing movie i've sat through, except the remake

2 hands down.

>also, My name is Bruce
Finally, someone else who loves the fuck out of that comfy flick

It has some funny scenes, some of my favorites from the saga. But come on, it's nowhere near as good as Evil Dead 2. ED2 still mantains the horror element and Ash still has some semblance of a character, whereas in AoD he becomes a one liner spouting caricature. Seriously, is there even a line of dialogue of his that isn't a one liner?

Who gives a shit what effect a certain movie had on the people of the time. A movie has to be judged on it's own merits, if it's good, it's good always. That's like saying The Sixth Sense is the greates thriller ever because it had that shitty epon twist that no one saw coming.

Prime Bruce Campbell

Evil Dead one is the best, AoD is the worst.