Watch this movie and think it's absolutely fantastic

>Watch this movie and think it's absolutely fantastic
>Recommend it to my parents
>One day when i visit them we start watching it together
>They keep complaining about what a stupid pussy the protagonist is and that they want to slap him

Bump for interest and sympathy.

I watched this with my sister. We both loved it.

He didn't strike me as a pussy at all. Don't people understand that you can't just retaliate full force against every insult or injustice that comes your way? You have to pick your battles. Besides, the only really battle the guy loses by the end of the movie are those against the tornado and against cancer...you can't really call him a pussy for not beating either of those.

He is, that's the point.
Larry has all these problems but takes no initiative or action to solve them, and it ends up biting him in the ass.
>pick your battles
He didn't pick any battles. He didn't do anything.

>stupid pussy the protagonist is
But they're right. I wanted to punch him 30 minutes in.

Yeah but he has issues, why do people want to punch him instead of feeling sympathy for him

I feel sympathy for him, I know when life's dropped a load of shit on me I haven't always been sure what to do. But I recognize that as a fault of my self, rather than a virtue.

Are you implying he thinks of it as a virtue?
Or anyone for that matter?

Better phrasing would be that I see obstacles as my own problems, rather than the world's or Hashem's punishment

He looks like a pussy because it's a movie and yet he's not fighting a huge latex monster or aliums or Russian spies, but I'm glad they made his problems very mundane even though it alienates some viewers.

But YOUR problem is not overcoming the obstacles, not HAVING these obstacles, and most of the obstacles in the movie weren't caused by him

>mfw people think the Joker or some pleb shit is nihilistic
>mfw this is the closest thing to a nihilistic movie I've ever seen

It's absurdist, not nihilistic.
>accept the mystery

The core of all his problems was his inaction, though.

I found this movie very boring desu

He doesn't lift and he's a Jew.

Remind me again why I'm supposed to feel any sympathy for this man, whatsoever.

The point of the film is that he is a "serious man" that does nothing wrong, because he literally does nothing. And he uses that as a excuse instead of trying to do what he wants to do because he's a coward without purpose in life

>that smoking weed and getting stoned sequence
quite realistic t.b.h.

>realize there is no purpose in life
>do nothing
>life shits on you for it

eh

Your parents sounds like based as fuck

By the mere feat of procreation Larry Gopnik is more of a man than you ever will be, gymcel faggot.

You actually legitimately believe this

Nu male pussy gets BTFO by own parents, now butthurt and runs to his online friends for sympathy

That movie was incredibly jewish.

Yeah. I actually couldn't get into it because it was too jewish for me.

same here dude, it was just WAAAAYY too jewish, but GODDAMN this bitch in orange was so hot. god. my fucing dick.

>In this office, actions have consequences
>Real, physical consequences

1 hour later

>forges the grade for money
>immediate call about the cancer

This movie was tight as fuck.

It's the most realistic drug scene I've seen