Help me mathfags, you're my only hope

Help me mathfags, you're my only hope.

I have two bottles, both of them are mostly full with their respective substances. One of them is more full than the other.

I want to mix the two fluids perfectly, but I don't have a separate container to mix them.

If I were to pour one bottle into the next, and back again, over and over, assuming I make sure it's well mixed each time, how many times would I have to do this before both bottles had a nice 50/50 mixture?

Doesn't have to be perfect, but as close as possible please!

Other urls found in this thread:

tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/DE/Modeling.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pour them in your mouth and mix them.

thanks friend.

also looking for additional suggestions.

try butt-chugging them

Never. If you try to mix them like that you'll never get a 50/50 mixture because of the difference of the amounts.

also, it's not a math question if we don't know how much is in the containers and how much you're pouring each time. These could be 10 ton vats for all we know.

the answer is 5 times. mythbusters did this once. They proved that if you mix anything 5 times it is mixed.

That's not true. Imagine pouring it back and forth an infinite amount of times. It will be pretty fucking close to 50/50 at some point.

>One of them is more full than the other.
You can't get 50/50 because of that. What OP will end up with is something like 45/55

Retard

also also ur fucking retarded for asking this question without providing more information. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

yeah good point user, I don't have exact measurements but they're almost the same just one is a few ml less than the other.

think of it as 700ml and 675ml or so

the fuck did the horse do?

poor horse

Simple soution: pour some of the green out until you have as much of the blue. Then mix the shit outta them. I know this is cheating but I don't give a shit because your question was retarded

r u srs

do you even know what ratios are u fat nigger?

Shake it bro

Just hold the 2 bottles together at their openings and shake them for a few minutes

gaffer tape the containers together and shake them about a bit. Guaranteed 50/50 mixture after three minutes of shaking - add 10secs per 10ml

Best answer

Or he couldn't shake and just wait few days until nature mixes it (If substances both same denseity)

Equinist

What's a horse ever done to you?

Lets say you have a 10 oz bottle of each. And each one has 1 ounce open volume.

The first time you add A to B.

B is now 10 ounces of 90% B and 10%A

Now pour two ounces back into A. Of those 2 ounces 1.8 is B. So now you have 10 ounces of a solution that is 18% B and 82%A

You approach a 50:50 titration in a hurry.

Listen up faggot, if you have 5 liters of horse cum in one bottle and 4 liters of bullshit in other and you try to mix them and get 50/50 mixture - oh wait, you can't without measuring the amounts you use.

MFW reading all these stupid answers

What the actual fuck - timing

Idiots.
That would be fine if OP had asked how he is to do it. OP asked how many times. The task at hand was lost to you guys.

this isn't a reliable solution user, wish I could but I cant.

also, if anyone's curious:

I'm mixing lamp oil. Lamp oil should have a flashpoint of about 50ºC-80ºC, but lamp oil hard to buy where I live so I have to make it. I have a bottle of paraffin oil which has a flashpoint around 180ºC and a bottle of purified odourless kerosene which has a flashpoint around 20ºC. I mixed a small amount of them and it was perfect but now I'm stuck with these two bottles and i have to fucking mix them evenly somehow.

pic related though, comfy lantern

>Law of Large Numbers

ur a knob goblin friendo

i already told you niggers, mythbusters did this one! mix it 5 times. once you mix anything 5 times it is goddamned mixed!!!

A horse shot my dad and raped my sister, IF YOU MUST KNOW

Bullshit.

Imagine two 1,000 liter tanks. Both completely full to the brim. Except for a tiny little airspace where you can fit one little dropper of liquid without spilling.

5 times huh?

this nigger is clearly being sarcastic you stupid fucks

Use your anus.

Youre shit outa luck then OP. They are two different liquids, you cant get a 1:1 ratio unless you know the exact amounts your dealing with. Get some measuring equipment you cheap fuck. The law of definite proportions guarantees that you wont be able to acheive a 1:1 ratio with them unless you get the same amount of each.

the problem is there is a limited volume in each bottle user. I don't have a third bottle to mix them into.

Sounds like a classic case of prepping for something like a faggot.
OP should have brought a third bottle, or simply purchased a premixed solution.
/thread

don't need 1:1 ratio, need to mix 100% of A with 100% of B by pouring them back and forth into the two bottles. see

You a fuckin tard bro? Law of large numbers only applies with multiple trials. OP isn't doing a bunch of tests, so your bullshit doesnt work.

He is right... the amount will never be 50/50

Unless he dispose the liquid in one bottle until it gets to half of the bottle and then fill the rest with the other liquid

Oh then I dont see what the issue is, just mix the fuck out of them.

>OP asked how many times

However many times OP can shake it in a matter of minutes. Duh

how many times user. how many times back and forth? are we talking 10 transfers or like 11,000

I MUST KNOW

do go on....

>ounce
Literally what the fuck.

He is talking about volumes of liquid and you use a measure of weight. And a retarded 19th century one at that

everyone knows fluids should be measured in bells

Probably a fuckload man I wouldnt be able to tell you unless you gave me exact measurements. Even then id have to do a lot of math. Why cant you just get a third container to mix them, them fill both bottles up?

do one and see if its mixed, do another then see if its mixed, do a third and see if its mixed, do a fourth then see if its mixed, do a fifth and answer this fucking guy

Then find another bottle, faggot. Or mix it with your mouth (but don't forget to pull out dicks first). Even computers use a clipboard to copy files, you can't do this with 2 bottles.

the problem with a third container is that i live in a shitty warehouse flat that's pretty much a dump and i don't have a 3rd container i can use, but the other problem is that many plastics and rubbers actually dissolve when hydrocarbon fluids (like gasoline or kerosene) come in contact with them. the only plastic bottles i that that i *know* won't melt are the ones the two i have

alright maybe i'm drunk and trying to act smart, so fuck you with your t-shirt that fits and your shoes that have probably never been pissed in

everybody's shoes have been pissed in user, just some people know it and some don't

ffs OP just pour one out till half liquid, do the same to the other container, then boom you have one full container. pour one into the other one jesus christ stay in school kids

>(like gasoline or kerosene)

Mix something else then user

>just pour one out
you must be the neglected offspring of millenials to think wasting literally 50% of the oil just so you can have an easy solution is the "best" solution. what a fucking nitwit.

use her for mixing

If OP was stupid enough to bring extra, then it's his fault for wasting. At least he would have a usable solution which, if you are going to freeze to death without, is better to waste a bit idiot

user, approximately how many times would OP have to pour these two bottles back and forth into each other until both bottles had the same mixture?

twice - they'll both be a mixture made up of the same components, just in differing amounts

stop that

Using mathematical theory, you can never get a perfectly homogeneous (or 50/50) mixture that way. Why? Because you are simply constantly dividing the mixture over and over.

Allow me to explain....

Lets say you have two even jugs of 100 oz of fluid, and you pour 20 oz of the blue mixture into the green mixture. You would get a fractious ratio of 6/5ths (because they are equal and you are adding 20% to one mixture). Then you pour 40 oz of the new blue/green mixture into the blue mixture (back up to 6/5ths, or 20% of the green solution, 20% of the blue from before).

Basically what you are doing is creating a new mixture of each solution, but you cannot create a perfectly mixed solution of the two originals because you are basically trying fractiously divide to an even number.

Try this.... divide 1 by 5. Then proceed to divide by 6, then 7, then 8 and so on and so forth. Will you ever reach zero? No, because you can never get to a perfectly balanced equation that way. That's what is happening in the jars (got lazy and bored trying to describe this and currently studying something else, take it as you will).

On a side note.... you can come hella close. But not perfectly 50/50.

See, now we're back on track.
We established that waste was the only viable option without a third container.
Now the true question [ which OP asked ] is finally laid out on the table.

and yet if i just dumped both of them into a bowl together and stirred they'd be mixed perfectly.

but then i'd need a funnel to get them back into the bottles not to mention a container to mix them in that isn't a kitchen saucepan or the like

Shit sucks, but that is fluid dynamics for you. Sometimes simple things have complex problems. Like how to perfectly heat water in a bathtub, and keep it at that perfect temp using in flows and out flows.

If you can solve that equation, you will win 1 million dollars, no joke. A lot of corporations would love to solve that one.

A thermal sensor and a heater?

tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/DE/Modeling.aspx

Basic differential equations.

Now fuck off.

good resource but not helpful

pour out the lower one until it's half full, then pour in the other bottle

yeah nah

create differential equation for given problem
can't really do much more than that without filling in the variables (how much liquid, how fast you're mixing them)
you need to model the problem
then you can get an answer

i don't know why i'm wasting my time on this shit thread i'm out

>i don't know why i'm wasting my time
kek. says the Sup Forumstard

Fucking idiots forgetting limits exist.

Say 200ml bottle, 100ml open space.,

100, 100
0, 100:100

Done.

1 time, op

the more the better

what about 200ml botlle with only 15ml open space?

We are not talking about such a simple thing. First, OP said the bottles have different volumes. Second, we talking about percentage. About liquids which already got partielle Mixed get Mixed again

bump