Regrets thread

Regrets thread

>Few years back my dad gives me some boxes he wants shipped to where he is moving (two medium boxes)
>shippingmoney.tiff
>Friend picks me up
>I put boxes in trunk of friends car
>Purchase drugs with money meant to ship boxes
>Forget about them
>Get into whole fiasco with friends family (they blamed me for his addictions)
>His car is taken away
>I go to college
>Who knows what happens to boxes
>Spend summer with my dad in his new place (he moved around the states for a while)
>He mentions some boxes that he sent that got lost in mail
>realize those are the boxes i fucked off to buy drugs
>He is teary-eyed explaining how much he wished they hadn't been lost in mail
>"They had some photos and music I'd just die to have"
>Irreplaceable mementos from my aging father's life
>Totally lost, probably thrown away
>Spend all summer trying to pretend I don't know what he is talking about when he brings it up (maybe twice a month, especially when he gets drunk)
>This man placed his trust in me with some of his most important possessions
>I lost them and used the money he gave me to get high
>I've stolen more from this man than I can even fathom (time, money, what little youth he had left, and so much more) being a selfish emotionally unstable burnout (let alone what I've taken of my mother)
>sit and think long and hard about how I am human trash

So what are you going to do to rectify the situation?, just sit and do nothing or actually try and make things right?

I hope you die OP. I wouldnt do that to my father. You are complete garbage and you should GO SEE THE FUCKING FRIEND'S PARENTS AND ASK THEM ABOUT THE BOXES THEY PROBABLY KEPT

He knows what you did, bud. He's just being a dad and waiting for you to own up to it and accept responsibility.
You fucking suck dude.

I've tried. Friend's family won't speak to me (father would probably attack me on sight), friend is useless, and his brother ignores my messages. I don't know what to do anymore

That’s some grade a feelium Sup Forumsro

Stop being a bitch and get the boxes

I don't think so. He would've said something...he doesn't dance around things. hes accused me of smoking meth without cause he'd call me out if he thought i'd done this

Like man up retard. Go to their house. Tell them about the boxes straight up, dont be a fucking pussy

Dude... When I got my first job earning shit, like... 500 bucks a month, back when I started going to uni my dad congratulated me and asked me if I could give that money to my grandfather.

I wanted to save up that money and buy a gaming PC but my dad said that he needed to help my grandfather but couldn't wire him anything then and he really needed the extra cash.

I went to the bank, emptied my account and gave all my money to my grandfather.

My dad later said he was afraid to deposit anything because my grandfather's cunt wife (he remaried because my grandmother died in a car accident) would just get the money herself from their joint account and spend it on her.

He not only paid me back in the following month but I'm the only son he still keeps constant contact with. If I'm ever in trouble he always bails me out no question and has always been my best dude.

You absolutely fucking suck you self centered asshole.

Come clean with your dad, kick your friend's goddamn door in and try getting that shit back and stop being such a goddamn pussy.

You're right. IF they're at this guys house then I'll have to wait a few months at least since theres an entire ocean between me and them but you're right

And what ? Crossing an ocean one time
or wait for your father to die and then slowly let the regret get you ?

If you can't get the boxes back, make new shit for him like you're Reese Witherspoon at the end of every movie where she makes the AWW ISN" THAT SWEET face

Take new pictures. Have them printed old-school style (not inkjet). Have some framed. collect some mementos and records from back in his day and some from your time together. Pack it up, stick to your lie that the USPS lost the origs, and have yourself a tender moment while "replacing" them.

Help him start over with this project. Use your mess to bond with him.

whats your story have to do with anything

im saying itll happen but shit i cant right now

If your dad asks you to do something, fucking do it. It's your dad, he's the one dude who won't absolutley fuck you over in life. And you fucked yours over and cry about it like a little bitch.

You’re a shitty son. Only suicide might begin to make up for the pain you inflicted on your father.

i feel like thats some faggot shit tho...photography bonding experience with dad?

but honestly i have no idea how to replace anything except for the music...this stuff was one-of-a-kind family mementos shit

lmao you sound like a military kid or something...you never heard of a bad dad?

feel like thats counterproductive cuz then my family gonna be fucked up about it

Was yours a bad dad?

From regrets thread to find back the boxes real quick

And trust me asshole I'd rather sound like a military kid than fuck my dad over for drugs. Live with the shit you've done.

man he wasnt good or bad he just was. he did what he needed to and not much more...i dont know...feel like we were two very different people and both very emotionally distant so the "bond" never formed. Said we were "roommates" when I lived with him, not like a parent/child situation...then again who knows I stayed messed up as much as possible to avoid dealing with other issues so maybe i ruined the bond like maybe im the distant one and i dont realize it fuck idk

I have a feeling that anons don't take kindly to fellow anons dicking over their dads for drugs.

This guy sounds like an absolute whiny pussy trash.

I hope he can find those boxes for his dad's sake.

coz u would blow ur pops if he told u too?

yeah i dont get why this site seems to dickride their fathers so hard...maybe so many people feel like they've failed expectations so they make up for it by putting fathers on a pedestal or sumn?

Your dad sounds like a good dude, especially if he took you in for a while.

Why the fuck did you do this to him, man?

also where did all the fucking junkies go someone here gotta feel me on how crazy drugs can make u...hate the person i was (hated myself then) but im a lot better now (not great but better)

nah the roomates thing was when parents split so i was spending time seperately with them...he didn't "take me in" as much as share custody and he got child support for it too which he needed to afford everything (i was very low cost person to have in house probably cost less than $2 a day to keep me and he was getting well over 1k)

That's more like something your dad would ask of you. He's the degenerate faggot who raised a pissant like you.

I don't know, dude. I just love my dad and would hate to dissapoint him. He's done more for me than anybody else.

I was addicted to cocaine. Got addicted because of my line of work back when I was working 12 hour shifts in a law firm. I'd rather kill myself than take money from my dad to do drugs.

but honestly man its just the insanity that comes with drugs...i was so ridiculously depressed that if i couldnt get high i wanted to die...i know that sounds pathetic but its chemicals man it wasn't a "woe is me" type of deal, it was a "Everythings great and I'm still miserable"...

well then congrats man you're a more "honorable" person than I, if not a bit stupid (you'd rather die than snag a $20?????)

>Regrets thread

>be me 17 years ago
>try to kill myself
>didnt succeed
>live 17 more years
>mfw

and fuck man you're way farther into life than I am if you're talking about "back when I was working in a firm"...were you not ignorant/selfish in your youth?

He did what dads do. Mine lived with me for about 2 years when we worked together in the same city. He was a tryhard to not "embarrass" me so he'd also say we were roomates.

Yes, I know, I also live with that shit. I have depression and massive fucking anxiety that cripples me if anything I can't handle even crosses my mind, such as the possibility of not being able to afford something my wife wants, but fuck it. I'm an adult and I need to deal with this shit. So I fucking do. It's not easy but it's better than the alternative.

I've snagged more than 20, trust me. Never from family. Especially my dad.

I was in my early 20s, that was my first big break, which was why I worked myself so hard to the point where I had to do drugs to be ablet o deal with the hours.

And of course I was an ignorant and selfish cunt when I was younger. And I fucked over a lot of people for work, for pleasure and for whatever the hell I needed at the time.

But I never fucked over family. Ever. If it's something I've learned in life is that your family are the only people who you can trust.

I trust my wife, my siblings and my parents. And that's about it. I have never and would never do anything to wrong them.

And if I ever did I'd do the right thing as a man, own up and make amends. 'Cause you don't fuck over family. Ever.

you're right...gotta do a lot of thinking...best wishes

that trust thing is so true...youre right youre right youre right...i need to figure out how to fix some things but thats my own problem...thanks for your words

Np dude.

Just do the right thing. It's hard, but it's worth it.

>He is teary-eyed explaining how much he wished they hadn't been lost in mail
It is faggotty shit. Deal with it because your Dad's in a faggoty kind of place right now

I got married to a girl I 'settled' on. Wasn't crazy in love, partly because sex was meh.

Sex never got better. It only got less frequent.

Lost self-confidence, became frustrated, angry, depressed. Just going through the motions of living now. Financially comfortable, probably because I didn't divorce. She's not evil, just a dud.

Wouldn't it be 2 times? One there one back?
Lrn2math