Fight with 3 out of 5 permanent members of the United Nations security council

>fight with 3 out of 5 permanent members of the United Nations security council
>all won
Is Vietnam truly the strongest country on earth?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampjaar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Russian_invasion_of_Holland
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Medway
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint_Eustatius
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like the jungle fought their enemies.

Our KDR was good as well

They're a lot like Afghanistan in that they eat empires

And when the US killed the jungle it got even harder

This and Americans calling bullshit on their own government poking its Brown nose in communist bush

You could've won if you really tried you know

Yeah but napalm stuck a stick up the ass for the then young babyboomers; imagine if it been their gullible parents.

We were the only one that actually achieved our strategic goals:

1.Punishing Viets for their insolence
2.Show the world that Soviets will not come into their allies' defense despite defense treaties
3.Show our generals how incompetent they and and their armies are, so they had to shut up and let Deng in charge of things

It was never really a war that was intended to be won

Weren't you guys do it to help the Khmer Rouge through? We still removed them...

They got scared of commie domino effect, they made a hasty decision.

That fucker deserved it

Seem like another Vietnamese chimping out thread!

It had nothing to do with military effectiveness. The Americans were incapable of setting up a competent South Vietnamese anticommunist government, so the moment they withdrew, it collapsed. There's no magical Vietnamese sauce. They performed as poorly as any other irregular force during the actual conflict.

Oh I remembered, you wanted to build a pan-Indo-China country, even Thailand sent envoys to us asking for help.

Since Cambodia, Laos and Thailand still exist today...

Also this

We have performed the same feat.

In fact, we stopped an invasion by the UK, France and Germany at the same time.
And we stopped an invasion by Russia and the UK at the same time (with the help of france).

Well we murder over 2 million gooks, not close enough by hitler standard, but hey, there is nothing not worth trying.

Laos is our alley, we won't annex them. Cambodia is fine, too, nothing against them (although they hate us, understandable). It's true that we wanted (and want) to annex lands, but with this situation now, we should just help each other.

Also, we can't never annex Thailand, I know in English, they use Indochina to refer to all five mainland SEA countries, but in Vietnam, Đông Dương (also translated as Indochina) mostly refer to former French Indochina. This is probably what made it misleading.

You STILL want to annex land? Where?

And here I thought China is the only aggressor these days

Every countries want to annex land. They just can't do it because it violated the laws and trigger their neighbor.

> Dutch history, the year 1672 was known as the rampjaar, the "disaster year." That year, following the outbreak of the Franco-Dutch War and the Third Anglo-Dutch War, the Dutch Republic was simultaneously attacked by England, France, and the prince-bishops Bernhard von Galen, bishop of Münster, and Maximilian Henry of Bavaria, archbishop of Cologne.
>Despite the initial shock and successful invasion of the eastern Dutch Republic, the English, French and German forces were eventually driven back.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampjaar

>The Anglo-Russian invasion of Holland (or Anglo-Russian expedition to Holland, or Helder Expedition) refers to the campaign of 27 August to 19 November 1799 during the War of the Second Coalition, in which an expeditionary force of British and Russian troops invaded the North Holland peninsula in the Batavian Republic.
>, the Anglo-Russian forces were successful initially, defeating the defenders in the battles of Callantsoog and the Krabbendam, but subsequent battles went against the Anglo-Russian forces. Following a defeat at Castricum, the Duke of York, the British supreme commander, decided upon a strategic retreat to the original bridgehead in the extreme north of the peninsula.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Russian_invasion_of_Holland

Sorry dude but I wanna talk Vietnam

You shouldn't, it will just turn into an anti-China thread.

You can't. Superpowers like Vietnam and the Netherlands are talking.

>The Raid on the Medway during the Second Anglo-Dutch War in June 1667, sometimes called the Battle of the Medway, Raid on Chatham or the Battle of Chatham, was a successful and daring attack conducted by the Dutch navy deep upriver targeting the largest English naval battleships at a time
>Politically, the raid was disastrous for King Charles' war plans[1] and led to a quick end to the war and a favourable peace for the Dutch. It was one of the worst defeats in the Royal Navy's history,[1] and one of the worst suffered by the British military.[6] Horace George Franks called it the "most serious defeat it has ever had in its home waters."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raid_on_the_Medway

>The Glorious Revolution, also called the Revolution of 1688, was the overthrow of King James II of England (James VII of Scotland) by a union of English Parliamentarians with the Dutch stadtholder William III, Prince of Orange. William's successful invasion of England with a Dutch fleet and army led to his ascension to the English throne
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Revolution

This neglects the key detail that the invasion was set during the Napoleonic wars, when the Dutch republic had decided to roll over and lick French cock from the ballsack to the tip

you were liberated by us when you were under nazi control dumb toothpaste

So what do we talk about now

Just let it die, i'm feel pretty tired of the China-Vietnam topic.

everyone has very ambitious territorial claims in the South China Sea. China just has the MOST ambitious claims.

No we didn't at all. We've been conquered by the Spanish, the Germans and the French in recent centuries.

Even our trade has super powers.

>Britain protested bitterly against the continuous trade between the United Colonies and St. Eustatius. In 1778, Lord Stormont claimed in Parliament that, "if Sint Eustatius had sunk into the sea three years before, the United Kingdom would already have dealt with George Washington". Nearly half of all American Revolutionary military supplies were obtained through St. Eustatius. Nearly all American communications to Europe first passed through the island.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sint_Eustatius

I don't like the idea of annexing. In fact I dislike our stance on the 9 dashed line farce. If something is in demand we can just trade with each other, no point waging wars

>conquered by the Spanish
That's not really true. The Netherlands didn't exist back then. The Spanish controlled this area because of some marriage. And then the Netherlands got united to gain independence.

And yes, it did happen during the Rampjaar.

KMT invented it. Commies inherited this absurd claim and now we are truly the bad guys on this matter

You're right, but the truth is that. Objectively, some big or well-known countries like the US and France are holding a lot of lands aside form the country proper (New Calendonia or American Samoa), the bigger and stronger the country, the more they want to annex more land, because it's good for them.

The British fleet gut sunk. And The Netherlands could turn into an Island.
And the French troops didn't know how to deal with that.

Yes I love vietnamese food(rice noddle
Meat soup) and culture. In my town, vietnamese are kind and Diligent people.
I think Vietnam will be a strong nation in Southeast Asia and future Growth engine of asia

The Netherlands has had a centuries old dispute between republicans and monarchists.

During our republican days the monarchists were in power as we got ruled by the Oranges.
During the French revolution the republicans came into power and turned us into a monarchy.

I wish I was kidding.

B A S E D
no really tho
some country prefer stay isolated
>tfw you realize the country banter China the most on internet is not Taiwan Japan or Korea but Vietnam

>In 1999, after many years of negotiations, China and Vietnam signed a border pact.[84] There was an adjustment of the land border, resulting in Vietnam giving China part of its land which was lost during the battle, including the Ai Nam Quan Gate which served as the traditional border marker and entry point between Vietnam and China, which caused widespread frustration within Vietnam.

they also beat early mongols iirc

Khmer already fell by then. Viets left Cambodia in 1989 either way

China worked together with USA/France and isolated Vietnam. Then Khmer essentially took power again in 1992.

All in all, it was a bad decision by Vietnam.

Stop shilling. This isn't facebook

Silver spoooon

Can the Spanish guy stop shill for China? I have nothing against your opinions but sometimes you just went full dickhead.

meh, that's good, but not as good as defeating the entirety of european powers in a coalition against you during your weakest moment.

shut up chink

OK, if that pleases you.