Why is it so hard for the right to just admit that $7 is not enough to survive

Why is it so hard for the right to just admit that $7 is not enough to survive

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#22cce4ca3712
redalertpolitics.com/2015/04/30/pizza-shop-worker-loves-seattles-new-15-minimum-wage-finds-cost-job/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is it so hard for the left to admit that their """skills""" are shit?

Work hard and move up. No one is meant to live their life on a $7 an hour job.

If you're working an entry level position for your entire life then you're a loser, plain and simple.

there simply arent enough high paying jobs for everyone, mate

lawdy sandwich artistry is hard back-breaking labor

"better slow down on that pickle placement kid, you'll throw your back out before 30" --no one ever

If your labor is only worth $7 then you are a shitty person without any marketable skills. Congrats. If you were worth more, you would be paid more.

>be african
>get given $7
>per HOUR i work, 5-8 times a day
>not enough to survive

You guys know how liberals always say if we deported illegal immigrants the economy would collapse? Yeah well if that were true we have a problem $15/hr sure won't fix

This.

>lump of labor fallacy
You have to go back

Then get out there and make those jobs.

Certainly, so stand out among the rest of your colleagues and prove that you deserve one of those high paying jobs. Nothing comes easy.

Because you shouldn't be paid any more than the bare minimum for willingly sinking yourself thousands in debt to study Intersectional Feminist Volleyball Therapy for four fucking years, you clown.

Put in some serious graft and you'll be rewarded.

Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be for unskilled kids starting out in the world with no responsibilities. For these people $7 an hour is perfectly adequate If you're 30 years old with 3 kids and you're working minimum wage then you fucked up. Really what this comes down to is whether or not you believe that society's job is to prevent you from suffering for your fuckups.

>working 16 hours a day
>still doesn't make enough to not want gibs

That's some seriously sad shit

so there should still be a livable wage for those that dont stand out among their colleagues.

durrrrrrrr

Then put women back in the kitchen where they belong.

Free up a shit ton of jobs.

Pay men double.

Profit.

thats because we losta bunch of them to the third world and filled some more with h1b visas m8

DEFEATIST ATTITUDE!

That why you haven't gotten anywhere in life, looser.

If the best you can do is $7 per hour, you need to die. Really, you contribute NOTHING to society, yet expect it to provide you with a home and food for doing something a monkey could be trained to do.

>7 dollars an hour
I was making 25 bucks an hour as second-in-charge at a fucking McDonalds at 17.

How the hell are you working 16 hours a day at 7 dollars an hour, and how the absolute FUCK are you still in this position after multiple years?

t. manager at major company bored as fuck and on his phone

PS. I CAN FUCKING SEE YOU MIKE, GET BACK TO WORK YOU PILE OF SHIT LEB

Trade occupations pay decently. If you're not smart enough or hard-working enough to succeed in a trade, then you deserve to make shit.

Why?

You're right you filthy mong because the federal minimum wage is $7.25

Working hard results in you working extra hard in exchange for the same $7 an hour you were making before you worked hard.

Then your fellow employees call you a faggot tryhad and nobody likes you.

Then the promotion goes to the guy/girl who's sucking the owner's dick.

You should just tell people to suck the owner's dick, giving head at least has a chance of getting them ahead

In the eyes of your employer, you're nothing but capital and what you produce is what gives you value. It's the way our world works and it's not changing. Bernie won't help you, Shillary will make it worse, so stop wishing for a miracle and get better at your job. While you bitch about your pay on Sup Forums, your colleague is taking an extra shift to prove that s/he gets the promotion and you don't.

because of what this guy said

I'm a dropout. Made my way up to 18/hr. Stop being faggots and work.

>getting paid 8 hours overtime
>presumably getting paid a lot
>still have enough energy to check social media to get trolled
>such a victim you are

feelings!

Fuck off wetback

get a tradeskill faggot. become a welder

Yup, that's exactly how it works, user. Sounds like you have a ton of experience.

You have to go back

If they deserve to make shit, why is it some sad shit when they do?
Isn't their suffering their natural place in the world? Shouldn't it make you happy to see them struggle?

>work $16 hours for no pay
>vote for globalists who continue to depress wages through immigration and free trade
I'm sure that will work

Work more than 1 hour?

No one is meant to live on 7$ an hour for their entire life. That doesn't mean a 7$ wage shouldn't exist.

this. You're a success story and an inspiration.

I get paid $30 per hour to sleep and watch netflix all day.

why is it so hard to sage?

People talking about wages always talk about the price of renting a 1 BR apartment.

Look, mother fucker, a 1 BR apartment is a private mansion meant for people who have a real job that requires real skill. It's a luxury to have your own place to yourself.

You don't get luxury on minimum wage. You get minimum shit on minimum wage.

Minimum shit is going to be 2 people sharing a small room in a multi-room apartment. Maybe you get your own room if you shop around a little.

A lot of people get by with a lot of minimum living and none of them get their own private bath, private kitchen and private living room.

Who says you should survive off of min wage?

if you're an adult getting paid $7/hr then chances are you are either a moron or a convict.

>just got off a 16 hour shift

Things that didn't happen.

Lot of kikes ITT

>empty sarcasm
are you a woman, or just mad that I'm right?

move to a better state then u cuck im stuck in this cucked country and i was making more money than the adults in my area when i was 16 u just need to know how to hustle

Why is it so hard for the left to understand that real wages are not legislated?

That hurt.

Fucking deja vu, my mom just asked me something very similar today. No, I only experience schadenfreude when the person's suffering is for the best either for them or everyone else.

Why don't you just move out of your shitty libcuck city to somewhere that actually has a reasonable cost of living?

I've not heard anyone claim $7.25/hr is enough to survive in 2016. Why is it so hard for the left to just admit that $7.25/hr is an entry wage for entry level jobs for people not supporting a family before they have proven they are worth anything to anyone? Over half of all people making the minimum wage are under 25 years old. Anyone still making such a wage at 25+ is an embarrassment. Their earnings are more a reflection of their poor life choices than anything about the economy.

>why don't you just

I literally just didnt fuck up, and asked for raises when appropriate. I don't get how people can fuck this up.

Kind of like when autists don't get laid or a gf because of social darwinism

neither. You just sound like you don't know what you're talking about. Hard work stands out and is rewarded more than ass kissing 9 times out of 10. People like you do the bare minimum for 3 years and watch your colleagues hired after you move up and then bitch about them "ass kissing". You're an idiot and you deserve to be living at home with your parents.

People who work 16h days are Trump supporters
I worked a 26h shift yesterday and doing a 15 today
Fuck off

It's amazing how much we've decided to hate the idea of having a middle class.

Because $7 was never meant to be for people to survive on. It was made for starters, high school students and college students. Then, when a variety of factors came into play, people starting making a living off of $7 an hour.

The US shouldn't cuck itself for these people.

Didn't Wendy's say that cause of a 15 dollar min wage 6000 people will get fired lol

this is why you deserve minimum wage.

Because flipping burgers your whole life is not something we should romanticize. The people doing that shit work aren't supposed to raise a family on those shit wages. Minimum wage has always been an incentive to get a higher education/better skills so you can move up the ladder and earn more money.
I will laugh when the robot cashiers and burgerflippers take over, and everyone will complain and will want their 7.25 an hour jobs back.

America has been the land of opportunity since the start, and although the dream has diminished, you can still work hard and educate yourself enough to make a hearty living. If you're flipping burgers as an adult you have failed and have no one to blame but yourself.

Okay, so you're saying you're the one who sucked the dicks.
It's okay to be ashamed.

Living wage where I live is like $9 an hour. If you can't get a job that will pay $9 an hour, then either work longer hours, improve yourself to get a better job, or kill yourself.

>Hard work stands out and is rewarded
kek

no

When i spend however many thousands of dollars on tradesman school and that turns out to be a load of shit too, what's your next "why don't you just" going to be?

For anyone that wants to raise minimum wage

forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/02/19/seattles-15-minimum-wage-jobs-down-unemployment-up-this-isnt-working-is-it/#22cce4ca3712

redalertpolitics.com/2015/04/30/pizza-shop-worker-loves-seattles-new-15-minimum-wage-finds-cost-job/

Do people not understand that raising the minimum wage will lead to an increase in the prices of everything else, making the raise pretty much pointless?

Lol you can't work a 16 hour shift at fast food or retail.

There is no shortage of that pay $15/hr right now. That you don't have one is prima facie evidence that you are not worth $15/hr. If the minimum wage is raised to $15/hr, this will not magically make you worth $15/hr; you will still be worth $7/hr but you will cost twice that, and you will be unemployed as soon as your employer can find a substitute. At an hourly cost of $8/hr, there is a very large incentive for your employer to find a substitute ASAP. Enjoy your unemployment, pal.

There isn't enough time in the world to educate you if you're not willing to listen.

Sure, you might have to be vocal, talk to some higher ups, even those above your current boss, but to believe that no one in the business world appreciates hard work and is looking to promote someone taking on more responsibility, is naive.

There is no uniform way to ascend a business ladder. It's just people and their relationships with each other. Prove you are useful, prove you can do more, talk to people, get them on your side, and can get recognized.

Literally every trade union in America is hiring right now. I'm 21 and make 26 an hour as a union Ironworker

>Do the minimum amount of work
>Get paid the minimum amount of money

I should be able to buy a five bedroom house working 12 hours a week you shitlords. Owning three vehicles is a human right, not a privilege.

>>"ass kissing".

notice how he/she pointedly avoids saying "sucking dicks"?

It's because he/she sucked the dicks.

Keep sucking that corporate cock for fake Jew paper, slave.

Materialism is for bitches. The clue is in the word. Mater = Mother.

Poor people lose 1/3 of their wealth when they rake in one bracket up from the lowest income bracket
Welfare needs you to be at the bottom of the barrel, the worse off you are the more money and security.
Poors are being paid to suffer and be victims instead of being encouraged to keep what they make.

This

If you can't afford to live here then move to fucking mexico or just keep going south until you can, you fucking impotent subhuman

>misusing the word "literally" this egregiously

Classic nu/pol/

I have never once put my mouth on a cock. I have made sure that my supervisors know that I'm committed to the company, work hard, and strive to be the best employee every time I'm on the job. That has lead me to receive excellent recommendations from past employers allowing me to get my current, higher paying entry level position.

You sound like an unmotivated sad sack that wants Uncle Bernie to give you everything you want for free.

No, because they haven't taken an introductory macroeconomics course.
Min. wage goes up, inflation goes up, unemployment goes up and you get stagflation.
But no, we need to raise min. wage and glorify flipping burgers!

I worked minimum wage for a couple years. It fucking sucks but it's meant to be used as a stepping stone for experience. There are certain fields that spoiled brats refuse to do, like welding and plumbing, that have plenty of job openings and pay good money.

I make $15 an hour right now for something that has a steep learning curve and takes actual brain power to do, and I'd be pissed if some ape working at McDonalds started making the same as I do, it would make the cost of everything go up and my purchasing power would decrease simply because people are too fucking lazy to work hard and ethically and instead just fucking vote for something that sounds good in the short term but never think about the long term consequences of it.

If you work minimum wage, don't have a kid, don't buy stupid shit, and you can live off of it. It's hard but it's doable. Most of these people don't even have to be working minimum wage, plenty of trades out there, but they don't give a shit because "ew that's dirty work".

It's amazing how much we've decided to hate the idea of having a middle class.

>Bernie supporters think picketing is an actual job.

>Make minimum wage $15/h
>Company fires half the workers, remaining half expected to do twice the work in the same amount of time

gg you just doubled unemployment AND workplace stress at the same time

I tried retail for a bit... I had 2 consecutive 20 hour shifts, then said fuck this job.

Please, enlighten us with your wealth of information and experience in commerce, o swami.

>middle class
>earning minimum wage

lol nope

Also you're a retarded faggot if you're making 7/hour. Walmart and Target pay 10/hour and McDonald's and gas stations pays 12/hour.

Only the low life's of society make 7/hour.

>I have made sure that my supervisors know that I'm committed to the company
>he sucked the dicks

if you can only get a job that pays minumum wage, your labor is not worth more than that

>load of shit
Look mate, I'm a glorified screamer and paper pusher and I can confidently tell you that trades are honest ways of making a living.

Pick something you like the idea of, consider if it's a good idea rationally (something you're not doing), and then go charging towards it and don't stop until it's maimed carcass is on fire and spread across the ground into a fine layer of gelatin.

tl;dr stop being a defeatist cuck

Big Government demands cheap labor user. That means mass immigration. That means low wages even for naturalized citizens and born citizens.

Where is that video of the guy explaining gold backed currency, and the devaluation of the US worker? He explained how there used to be precious metals in our currency, and the same amount of that metal found in $1.25 (minimum wage at that time) would sell for over $17 today?

The low-level worker has been left behind. Real estate is over-valued. The expectations placed on a worker are greater today than they were before, as labor is less valuable.

But, it isn't the elite that did this. This was the stupid motherfuckers, making minimum wage, asking for NAFTA, cheaper goods, and gibs. They did this to themselves, and unwittingly sold their kids into slavery.

Didn't suck dick either. Worked hard, worked 2 jobs, went to school, and moved up in my pay grade. It's as simple as that.

I agree with you but you're fucking retarded if you don't know that different states have different minimum wages, some even use the federal min. wage of 7.25 still.

Trips of truth

Bernie faggots are the most delusional people on the planet, all of his policies are diametrically opposed to each other

I've done what you just described at two different jobs since I was 15 and all I got was shat on and pushed aside in favor of a hot chick or nepotism. Blackmail, fucking the boss, or starting your own business yields far better results.

Kill yourself. I mean it.