/hoc/

super frog rise to power edition

I miss the old /hoc/

I mean, our first high pick since Yzerman is in a draft with basically nothing of any real value.

Our prospects are weak in the sense that there's no all-stars or first line calibre players.

We have a lot of GOOD prospects (Mantha, Larkin, etc) who will be great for years to come, but they're not all-star material.

We're gonna be pretty shit for quite a few years, unfortunately.

Also >Ericsson signed until 2020 at 4.25.

At least players want to come here now that Babcock is gone, though.

>frogtreal

Daily reminder that the Capitals will win the cup and Rinne will win Conn Smythe.

You forgot about Holland signing ancient players as his go to "win now" move and having it not pan out

I mean, Mike Green has been pretty godly in Detroit. He's playing really well. Same with Nielsen. Personally, though, I'd rather just embrace the suck and get some proper draft picks and do the rebuild the right way.

>exactly on time
Kys

Juuse Saros is kinda cute

I don't really think there's any other choice. As long as they're not Avalanche bad I won't mind too much if they make decent moves and murder Ericsson in the parking lot

What the hell is Abdelkadr even paid to do?

>lundpads

I think Holland vastly overestimated him because he was playing with Pasha, and Pasha made him look really fucking good before leaving. He's a good player and plays hard and with a lot of heart, but that was a bad contract.

John ShannonVerified account @JSportsnet

Also told that Bishop had a no trade list. Calgary was on that list.

COWKEKS BTFO

I miss the old /hoc/, the meeming /hoc/

janny move the thread into the trash /hoc/

If Calgary is on that list I'm sure Winnipeg is too, fuck.

Norway will L I T E R A L L Y reach the playoffs.

>m-muh secret club

Bishop doesn't like flies

Fuck off faggot Publix poster. The people who actually watch and like hockey post here again.

none of my french speaking friends dont even know about hockey

how to change that?

Wait thill offseason bruh. That's when the memes kick in again

There is literally nothing wrong with Calgary
Bishit is a fag

Can I just take this moment and profess my hate for phone posters? Like holy fuck they are the absolute worse.

write hockey facts on black penises, they'll be pros in no time.

*posts from phone*

if youre implying that meme is "old hoc" you should kill yourself right now

take em to a game lad, must be cheap in your neck of the woods

100% this. Old /hoc/ was a cesspool of autism. At least we talk hockey now.

Go to /s4s/ if you want memes

Post your brackets, cowards! I AM THE BEST

nah. the memes are fun but some of you autistic cunts take it too far and reach deep levels of irony, some are just straight up obnoxious. go to /s4s/ instead

No, old /hoc/ was fantastic. Good balance of shitposting, discussion, and memes, back in the days of people like Hotlanta, etc.

Then you had the days of dumb faggots like Fuk_Ponek and Publix posters which was a bunch of aids and casual faggots who don't watch hockey.

Now we're more back towards the original /hoc/ again and it's fuckin' nice.

Any Buffalel fans here?

Is Kikeal good? I dont see any Buffalo games to speak of because they are way out of my market and also irrelevant.
So I only really see Kikeal in meme IIHF tourneys where he looks pretty good against Euroleague players.

Is he developing well or busting? I really hear nothing about this guy in the NHL.

[scoots sadly in the distance]

you just know

fuck off Sean

anime

good post

Where's the thread?

GAME PREDICTIONS GO HERE:
Mine are
Rags - snes 0-4 when all of a sudden Lundpads goes berserk and eats Bobby Ryan alive. Rags instantly get 4 goals and derek stepnig scores tying goal 18;50 into 3rd. Triple OT decides Karlsson will eternally BTFO rags anyway.

TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT TRASHVILLE IS REDDIT

Excellent series of posts fellas

take your meds, reddithawktard

SUPERB posts

>rags

GAME THREAD

High Quality posts, very proud of y'all

When did you realize that finnish goaltending is the best?

On first sight i knew it was right

What are you talking about, Kari Lehtonen is ELITE

REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME REDDIT GO HOME

>crosby trips yet again and lands hard against the board
lets be serious, is his career over after this season?

God I hope so

But finnish goltending isn't the best. Only finnish starting goaltender who has won a cup is Niemi.

Lindros had 8 concussions. Let this Crosby retiring because of concussions meme die now

SUPER NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEMS VS. >rags

>he didnt check the catalogue or thread

dumb fuck

Well shit. I'm usually the one making the threads. I never expected someone to finally take the initiative.

Objective realistic goaltending analysis

Russians = Elite in regular season, horrible in the playoffs. Why you heff to be mad? iz onli game.

Canadians = numerous and serviceable, you can win in all facets with these guys. But sometimes you get one that is poo.

USA = basically the same as Canadians, only less abundant.

Swedes = Kings with no rings

Finns = usually the worst goalies in the league will be Finns. The only goalies that struggle in the regular season against nobody teams. They can sometimes be serviceable if you have an absolute beast defense core in front of them to save their asses. But most of the time you end up being the Dallas Shartz.

Czechs = Pretty based, almost always entertaining netminders. Dont always win cups though.

Germany = Thomas Greiss

Everyone else = too irrelevant to care

Are there even any Swedish NHL goalies other than Lundpads?

AND THE HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMEEE OF THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eddie Lack, and idk probably a couple others.

>forgetting based Kolzig

>match with solid 8/10 on tinder
>mentions in her bio that she loves hockey
>start talking to her about hockey for a little bit
>says she a big flyers fan (I am as well)
>responding very quickly (within a minute)
>ask "Nico or Nolan?"
>no response an hour later

Why? Why are they all like this?

looking at this list
at least a couple other finnish goalers have made the scf

the king with no ring is the only swed goaler to have a sniff

>also forgetting based Irbe (a Latvian)

I actually remembered him after I made that post.

Irbe can eat a dick

Kolzig is cool though.

>haha
>omg yea
>lol yea Giroux is so cute
literally every girl on tinder, the worst is the girls who say they wanna have conversations then respond to everything with one word answers, jesus fucking christ ask a fucking question

what happened to dany heatley?

>jesus fucking christ ask a fucking question

This. Exactly. Fucking. This.

They don't know how to hold a conversation at all. I don't get it. You're 23. Do you have no concept of showing interest towards your conversational partner?
So many times I've just stopped responding because I kept asking them questions trying to get a conversation going and they just keep saying "yeah totally lol"

GODDAMMIT THEY'RE AWFUL

He was playing in Germany last year

thats all i know he might have retired by now

he had a great career anyway

>there are people ITT right now, trying to have conversations on tinder
laughing SO HARD right now

He got really old and really slow really fast

anti-depressants will do that to you

I know it's fucking retarded desu
But I do it anyway because I'm desperately lonely

>rags

unironically go to the gym and use fat chicks to build up your confidence lad, all your problems will be solved

The rags getting bodied is just another piece of evidence that teams that use a wordmark as their primary crest anger the powers that be. Being back the lady liberty jerseys or die

I used to work out almost religiously for about a year but I recently lapsed back into laziness and sadness and now I feel like I might just have a heart attack any day now. It's not good.

And my friends think I'm weird for this but I feel literally no sexual desire towards any girl that I don't find exceptionally attractive. The sensation alone of sticking my dick in a wet hole doesn't appeal to me that much.

working out is for the weak and fat

working out will literally make you feel better. as to the second part, i sorta feel you there. i find hard to have any feelings for women i don't respect, which is most of them. i just rationalize desu. it kinda is a chore but it does make me feel better about myself.

maybe lower your standards?

I genuinely feel awful for Padshit, and I'm a Debbies fan. He's a good tendie but god damn has that embarassment of an organization let him down.

Barring some kind of freak injury, we're looking at 2 of the (debateable) top 3 defensemen of ALL TIME being Swedes.

Why are they so good at that position?

>why are sweds such great power bottoms
your guess is as good as mine user

Canadian anons tried to warn me but I didn't listen. I know realize they were right.

Oilers fans are the worse

You just have to reply with "I know right, lol".
That's how women converse.. ya ya bla bla o.m.g. like. ya. mhm. ok.

>big outdoor game announcement
Let me guess, Chicago and/or Pittsburgh playing in it for the millionth time?

How did it take you a whole NHL season to realize this?

>Do you have no concept of showing interest towards your conversational partner?
Every time I meet a girl in a party or at the club I always hope they are able to give something back conversation wise, but I almost always end up disapppointed.

Most women don't need to work on conversational skills becuase there are always guys who tries to fuck them. Then they grow past their 30's and aren't that attractive anymore and either end up being single or marrying the first moron in their path.

Because for the last decade the oilniggers had already long fucked off for the offseason by now.

Do I get a new rags image for my folder tonight?

Does Gary always look like he is having a stroke during interviews?

Yeah exactly. I've been trying really really hard to curb my sense of cynicism as I've gotten older...
But I swear to god the idea that attractive women are painfully uninteresting because they never needed to develop a personality seems like one of the truest maxims in the world.

The girls I've enjoyed talking to the most are almost universally unattractive (physically, that it).
It's incredibly frustrating since I seem to be able to feel genuinely attracted to girls who I find genuinely pretty.

I oughta just start sucking cocks until I start to like it.