youtube.com/watch?v=7zZzxS6K3f0
youtube.com/watch?v=nSJK5vdYKIc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Classics never die

Cheap.

Reasons
hth

Which model plays ps2 and ps1 games?

They all play PS1 games. The original models play PS2.

The older models with sd card slots on the front tray

It's called the "fat" PS3 which was the first model. You can tell it apart by the fact that it's bulkier than the other models, and its more reflective that says PlayStation 3 logo on it. Its the one in the pic OP posted

why ps1 but not ps2? when you say original model you mean the fat one like pice above?

More specifically the 60gb and I think 80gb original models.

oh ok thanks

To give you the simplest answer possible, ps1 games take less technology to emulate

neato, thanks for info

Because of how the backwards compatibility was accomplished. PS1 was entirely software based emulation while the PS3 models that had full PS2 compatibility used hardware emulation.

the 20gb are also backwards compatible, the 80gb used to be but i heard it is not longer supported

>Can be used as Blu Ray player
>Online still exists and is free
>Newer games often get released on PS3

I still play multiplayer The Last of Us everyday and there's loads of people still.

I will get a PS4 only because it's been like 4 years since its release and only now are there enough exclusive games for me to buy it.

False, there were several iterations that were 'fat'. On day one there was a 40GB, 60GB and 80GB, plus a some others over the first couple years before the Slims dropped. I had an 80GB and it only played PS1 and PS3 games, I believe it was only the first wave of 60GBs that played PS2.

I've had a ps4 for years and I still buy and play games in equal amounts on both. Maybe a bit more on ps3 because of the free online play

Because they wanted to keep selling PS2s, same reason PS4 can't play PS3 games.

I did not know about free online play. Fuck me turquoise. Stupid ps4 and it's shitty more money fees

It's actually a pretty different reason. The PS4 architecture is vastly different from the PS3, and emulating the PS3 is not trivial.

have a ps4 i cant wait for God of War.

but ps3 has a great library and love those games still.

The console innovations are starting to stall, I love my PS4, but it should be called PS3.5 TBH

It's to be expected. You reach a point where increasing visuals just doesn't have the same impact. It's like how going from 1080p to 4k is a lot less dramatic than going from 480p to 1080p.

True. The graphics seem to be reaching a peak and with performance on most games there isn't much to complain about. If only there were a solution to the minute long wait times on some large open world rpg games

Gots to get thems free games every month, and take advantage of the sales, then PS Plus really becomes worth while.

PSA to everyone: Homebrew is relatively easy now, can download and play practically and ps3,ps2,ps2,psp games on it.

Never thought of that. Sounds pretty tasty. Fuckin ps4 is so pricey, I've been playing the shit out of terraria to stave off my mhw erection. Ps3 sounds pretty not bad

I want to get a Playstation so badly but I suck with controllers and stick with emulators on my pc. Is that shameful?

PS3 emulation isn't the best still. But yeah if you are on PC exclusively it probably is shameful.

If you get any practice in on a controller at all it will be easier than a pc with no controller. Or maybe I'm just really shit at pc games

It was still worth the price, even on day one. I only say that because with the PS1, 2 and 3, certain features and upgrades blew my mind, PS4 just felt like a nice upgrade.

The first time I ever heard a PS2 boot up... I think I saw God.

would you get homebrew or are there dedicated playstation emulators that are better?

You can buy peripherals that allow you to use mouse and keyboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=7zZzxS6K3f0

I have homebrew, like I said PS3 emulation isn't even close to being near good yet. If you want to wait a year or so go for emulation. If not PS3's are less than 100$ now, just be sure to get the correct model. Either a fat or slim, stay away from superslims

The reason I first got a ps4 was because my brother bricked my ps3. He somehow managed to trip and unplug it while I was installing firmware on it after replacing the hard drive. Totally worth it though, I got bloodborne with it

yes i have my old fat, i wish it was the model that plays ps2 ,'
and i have the ps3 super slim it feels cheap with its thin plastic door.

What's the issue with super slims?

I still play my PS3 everyday, IMO the PS4 Gen sucks except for the remakes and exclusives, but once you beat all the exclusives there's no good Call of Duties, they all play like shit online, there's no new GTA, no skate4, and there's a fuck-ton of shitty indie games. while the PS3 has all the best CODS, EA SKATE series, Uncharted series and 2 GTAs. and I'm not the only one that thinks the current Gen sucks and last was better, because there's 100k people playing Blacks Ops everyday.

Bad fan switch happened to my SS.

>yes i have my old fat, i wish it was the model that plays ps2

Homebrew has a app called multiman, you can play roms of ps2 and ps1 on there. Im pretty sure itll make the discs even work too.I dont know since my tray is broken.

The firmware I believe is too new and cant be downgraded. I dont know the specifics but they are easy to find if you really want to know.

This is the tutorial I used if anyone is interested. It isnt too hard, just be sure to follow the exact instructions.
youtube.com/watch?v=nSJK5vdYKIc

I've had two heavily used and the only issue I've encountered is with that sliding door on top. Still, I'll take sliding door issues over the random disc eject on the launch model ps4

Only poor people (niggers) play PS3. The PS4 isn’t expensive, has a ton of games, and gets new games. You literally have to be a crack whore to not be able to afford it.

Still have my 60gb ps3
Plays all ps1 ps2 ps3 games with no issues.

Yeah because once a new console comes out every single game and exclusive is complete shit am I right?

It didn’t just come out though. It has been out for over 4 years. It’s literally over halfway through its lifecycle already.

reapply your thermal paste before its too late !

The bulk of my gaming is Call of Duty, and there's not one COD that has good Netcode, hit detection and Lag Comp on PS4 with the exception of AW, but nobody play it anymore.

Yeah and the ps2 is like 15 years old. Doesn't mean that there are some gems on there that people haven't had the time or chance to try. Most new games are complete shit anyway, plus theyre 60$. Why not get something amazing like killzone or ratchet and clank for like 3 bucks?

the wii is still alive.