Why are normies just now realizing this wasn't that good?

Why are normies just now realizing this wasn't that good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDAA2Ih4XAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because South Park told them so.

this

Because South Park said it so now it's OK. People don't like to go against the consensus unless they feel like there's someone backing them up. If the fieat few reviews are movie gets are positive, everyone will "think" they liked it to fit in, and it will snowball from there.

I mean, that's the only possible explanation for how every critic developed a blind spot for TFA.

I agree with this

People are loathe to say an opinion that goes against the narrative

TFA had heaps of high reviews and people shilling for it on social media

It's hard for a normie to go against this, because all of them are under the same influence

dude starkiller base lmao

I dunno I thought it was allright, I mean, it's better than the prequels

It was watchable, but nothing spectacular.

I remember the prequels

I'm glad it's turning around
TFA was a shite movie. Episode 7 would have made loads of money regardless of what it was about

Only thing I really liked about it were the bread scene and the aesthetic it tried to do of the OT. I didn't think it was that impressive as a lot of people preach it was.

What's it like having all your opinions decided for you and then spoon fed to you? you utterly average pleb.

It was trendy to like Star Wars and be all "nerdy jedi lightsaber lmao #jedimindtricks".

And considering everyone has to 'belong' to a group these days, you obviously don't want to be the guy who hates the new Star Wars. Because that would've made you a misogynist, rapist, idiot, nostalgia fag and whatever else.

I like Rey, I like bb8, I love the stormtrooper combat scenes, once I got over Emo-Ren's face I liked his scenes too, I like the meetup with Han Solo Kanji Klub scene, and I love the ending.
What irks me is Starkiller base, Finn, Poe and Leia and Kylo Ren's face

yet you're the one that's echoing the Sup Forums hivemind, not me, funny how that works

why is it so impossible to cast a decent actor in the protagonist's role?

They did it the first time.

The Force Awakens should NOT have been episode 7, if anything it should've been an interlude in between Jedi and the real episode 7.

Thank god. This shit was the worst "Star Wars" movie I've ever seen. How they managed to make it worse then the prequels, I have no idea.

It was fun and watchable - stop being an edgelord.

wtf lol

SHE
NEVER
CLOSES
HER
MOUTH

sounds good to me famalama

kek

>I mean, that's the only possible explanation for how every critic developed a blind spot for TFA.

Have you ever considered that the problem is with you?

People who hate TFA hate it for the absolutely pettiest fucking reasons that's often over trivial shit

>dude the girl is too powerful lmao
>dude the villain is emo instead of a stoic badass lmao
>dude this movie is like Star Wars how dare a Star Wars movie remind me of Star Wars lmao
>dude disney jews lmao
>dude identity politics lmao

Holy shit you're a pleb. BB-8, to me, is symbolic of the entire movie - an obviously focus-group designed cynical imitation of the originals, a calculated marketing move to create artificial nostalgia, but ultimately devoid of any artistic merit or substance.

>dude this movie is like Star Wars
the cinematography sure isn't

Oh because it wasn't shot like a fucking soap opera like the prequels? Lmao

TFA has the best cinematography of the series besides maybe Empire.

>dude the movie ended on a helicopter shot that triggers me

What's this? I forget.

you're using a lot of fancy words but I think what you meant to say is it's the cutest little wobot that ever was, didn't you?

FUCKING UGLY FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME INBRED BICH

>it's better than the prequels
This right here is your answer OP. People praised it to hell and back because of this one sentence.

The prequels were better even though they were shit.

I do believe you've lost your composure sir

Roflro.
>Normies are catching up to my contrarian opinion, I must go deeper

I thought from day one that the new Star Wars was a forgettable piece of shit only meant to generate money, but it's not worse than the prequels.

>worst scene transitioning
>pointless shit like Kanjiklub scene
>awful alien designs because no Jim Henson
>objectively worst OST in the series

The cinematography was awful and in no way did it feel like Star Wars. Your bait is fucking awful.

Nobody is realizing this because it is factually a good movie

>The cinematography was awful

le tip of le fedora to be perfectly honest messieurs

None of those words are particularly fancy though. You're just really, really stupid.

>dude who cares that the movies were incompetently shot, directed, written, acted, and were overall completely fucking inept on every conceivable level, at least they tried to tell some bullshit pseudointellectual political commentary narrative so they're automatically better!

Let's ignore the hamfisted nonsensical call-forwards to the original trilogy, based entirely on action figures and toy sales, that were worse than anything in TFA, like Space Jesus Vader building C3PO and the Clone Wars being made up of Boba Fett clones made from a Boba Fett clone.

I'm starting to think you don't know what cinematography actually is, you just picked up a word on Sup Forums you don't understand but you're using it anyway to sound "patrician"

at least i felt films 1-3 were star wars films

with VII i just didn't feel like it was a star wars film

masses are stupid very easy to be manipulated

>I don't have any actual reasons to hate the movie so I'll pull one out of my ass
>It didn't FEEL like a star wars movie but it was TOO MUCH like a Star Wars movie!!!!! such a rip off!!!! LE GLIB FACSIMILE

You can thank J.J for that piss poor color by numbers directing.

Because its out on DVD for a while.

it came out almost a year ago, you should have stopped caring if other people did or didn't like it by now.

actually you should never have cared, fucking autism.

>south park
>still relevant

Why do I constantly see people say the prequels were shit? Am I being meme'd here? Someone honestly explain why the prequels are bad. I promise I will read your post.

redlettermedia dot com slash plinkett slash star-wars

here baitman let these videos explain it to your feeble mind

different guy but TFA had shitty inconsistent cinematography

80% of it was abrams meme tv aesthetic

Long live to the prequels!

youtube.com/watch?v=oDAA2Ih4XAs

>why is it so impossible to cast a decent actor in the protagonist's role?
But Boyega was good.

It was good movie. Was it an uninspired copy paste? Yes it was. Was a good movie regardless. Why can't you people understand that.

Normalfags at best sport IQs around 105, sadly most of them are BELOW 100 and really cannot attempt any form of independent thinking...ever. They are forced to parrot the most prevalent "expert" opinions as their own in an attempt to conform to the herd or risk their peers tearing them apart as they cannot produce any effective arguments to defend their deviant thoughts.

Adding greentext "dude lmao" to every argument is not going to undermine em, user. That's not how discussion works.

When will you stop lying to yourself about this? Do you think its cool? We dont offer updoots here faggot

honestly its the same for everyone

the academy just parrot whatever journal articles are poplar at the moment

I bet the same faggots whining about south park not being good anymore are the same faggots that now use south park to whine about TFA some more kek

Because they're being told it's not that good, just like how they've been told it was great and they should watch it.

Exactly the way same way that you're told to hate or like something so you hate or like it.

Jenny is qt

God, I get what you're saying, but this post made me cringe so hard.

>Why do I constantly see people say the prequels were shit?
Because they are absolute shit and the only groups of people who say otherwise are edgey contrarians, autistic post-millennials, newfriends trying to fit in with "the guys" and general retarded faggots with no concept of film to the point where they call Quentin Tarantino a meme and shit on movies like Citizen Kane and There Will Be Blood.

>hey guys I was contrarian before you were

>patiently waiting for the "dur the prequels were great" meme to die
I cant wait to hear how ashamed all of you are of this autism. In a year half of you will just deny you ever said they were great to begin with.

Can you try explaining yourself without all the autism?

Explain what? Why the prequels (that you keep pretending that you havent seen for this shit bait of yours) are terrible? You know why, kiddo. If you expect me to believe that you lurk Sup Forums and have never seen them...

Why do you think I attached onefuckingdollah-man picture to it?
The cringe.....Was intentional.

Nope, faggot. Prequels are better than this direct to VHS trash directed flick.

That didn't answer his question.

>Prequels are better
Keep lying to yourself.

Because the question is bait.

V > IV > VII > III > VI > I = II

>Revenge of the Sith
>Better than Return of the Jedi
Ask me how I know you are 14

Redditors actually believe that. Everytime Star wars is mentioned they immediately spasm like retards and have to blurt out how the prequels are bad because of some faggot millennial reviewer.

The prequels are bad though.

Because they're bandwagoners. And because paid shills and marketing are REALLY GOOD at their jobs.

>user asks why prequels were bad
>Cause I said so!

this is universally accepted as the best ranking

*tips*

You'll fit just right in over at reddit, dumb cunt pleb faggot.

>Mike is in his 40s
>calling him a "millennial"

>this is universally accepted

'member when we were called sexists for not liking TFA?

Oh how times change.

Jedi is only good in its last act (which is god-tier, given), but Sith is straight kino through and through

Menace is literally unwatchable. It's technically better than Clones but devoid of any charm.

I just thought it was a pretty uninspiring movie that was big because it rode on the coattails of the original trilogy. Mind you I've never totally gotten the obsession over the original three - they're fun, but not mind blowing.

>hating the prequels is le rebbit now!!!
>REBBIT
>PLEEBB
>I just learned theae words
Fuck your mother you raging autismo

Nope.

>retarded reddit spassing out over the prequels

Like clock work.

These movies have been out for over a fucking decade, user. If you havent figured out why they are shit yet, then you may be autistic.

Looks like a personal problem on your part here.
All what I did was ask why. What are the reasons they are bad. Yet only one guy itt really even made a post and even then all what he did was direct me to somebody else opinion on why the movies were bad.
But why? What are the reasons, the things about the movies that makes them bad?

Just to clear things up I have seen episodes I-VII

it was always shit

Sup Forums literally thinks its the worst of the series

and I agree

>EVERYONE REBBIT!!!!!
>DO I FIT IN YET GOYS?
Reddit shitposting has literally never been fun, comedic, insulting or not cringeworthy

>Menace is literally unwatchable. It's technically better than Clones but devoid of any charm.

agreed. thankfully the films, particularly the music, remind me of all the time i spent playing swg. pre cu

gives me a ton of good memories and i can forget how horrible the movies are.

How about you actually see the movies, not redditlettermedia's three hours of "NOT MUH"?

before that it was ebaums or gaia. Sup Forums has been doing this shit forever

just ignore it

Are you literally implying that I have never seen the prequels, newfriend?

I knew this would happen. Just like the prequels, people go in wanting to like it because the brand is bigger than the product, the true fans who liked star wars for the product immediately recognize it as shit while the normie masses get high on the brand name and marketing blitz.

Then later on as time goes by the idea that it was bad is hand fed to the normies who can't think for themselves and they start spreading it until everyone circlejerks about how bad it is a la the prequels.

Back to red-dit, you obviously triggerd retarded faggot.