In case you had any lingering respect for this publication

In case you had any lingering respect for this publication

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16760-reptar-body-faucet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lewd

Honestly, does ANYONE unironically care about P4K scores?

BOYCE OR PUSSY

oh my goodness, not my generic stale post-punk no :(

I think it's more to the point that there people who will see what score ( because the masses need to be told what to like ). Judge it as not worth there time cause it's just under 7 ( which is average in the mind of most consumers ), and move on. This damages, in my opinion, bands because it works against them.

Reviews can be important, but reviewing art in any format is inherently flawed because it's not something you can give a or score or value to. It's the opinion of the review and then slapping on a number value to try and make some sense.

Agent Intellect was better anyways

go back to your grimes thread

Weak.

Just luke Grimes albums

exactly. i've seen a bad pitchfork review kill a band in its tracks. they suddenly have no people at their shows, can't book festivals, don't have money to keep being full time indie musicians, and consequently break up. all in the span of about a year.

You guys seriously need to freshen up your banter a little

geez, any bands in particular you could mention? I'm interested in showing some love to those groups

that's precisely how DIIV died

i agree that this album is overrated as fuck by Sup Forums. i have full confidence that me and 3 other anons in this thread could make an album that hangs with RiD if given 6 months and a good engineer.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16760-reptar-body-faucet/

>Liking an album with a track called "Male Plague"
But in all seriousness, it doesn't come across as anything more than "decent" to me.

yeah but you can't and won't lol

if you anons can lure a stellar indie engineer to this thread + a session drummer and guitarist who both have pro chops and good indie sensibilities i could deliver you a better post punk album than that in 6 months guaranteed. give me a studio wizard and good session musicians and it will be done.

it's honestly frightening how much power pitchfork has

Agreed I don't want them to have too much power, but is there any concrete way to show that they have an especially large effect on what people listen to compared to other sites?

It's crazy how just putting the number 7 next to an album cover can deter dozens of people away from even listening to it

Except that reptar actually does suck. I live in Athens, when they were blowing up I heard about nothing else and have yet to understand the hype.

You guys are so fucking ignorant. You should GAIN respect for Pitchfork for this score, even if you disagree. It isn't sports, you're not routing for your favorite artist to get a good review, it's about expecting unbiased critical review, and websites SHOULD have unique voices. Nothing annoys me more when every single publication has a unique consensus, mirroring each others words.

*has the SAME consensus I meant to say

the only respectable thing they did was the monkey peeing in his mouth for the Jet review tbqh

have I mentioned how good this carpet is lately?

sent