ITT: Albums that blow your mind your mind the first time but you don't feel like listening to them again

ITT: Albums that blow your mind your mind the first time but you don't feel like listening to them again

Acta - Mutant
Sorry Sup Forums

I listened to it and I only liked Ghost Rider and Rocket USA

same

I liked this album a lot on my first listen, I don't why I can't bring myself to listen to it again. It's not that it shocked me or anything, I just can't, like I'm never in the mood for it.

>not liking Frankie Teardrop
get the fuck out

I mean it's pretty good but it's not something you would listen every day, those screams legit spooked me the first time I listened it

That doesn't make it bad tho

I think its actually an amazing track BECAUSE its so scary

It's an okay and influential track, nothing great today although amazing for it's time.

Balls, I meant Arca

Honestly just wait until you're really fucking sleep deprived and then give it another try. It'll sound like the best thing you've ever heard. Also, I always listen to Che. Best song on the album

once the suspense is gone it just feels a kind of gallery

jfc I though for once this album could be mentioned without someone talking about the meme that is Frankie Teardrop but I guess I was wrong

honestly the instrumental for frankie teardrop shines way more than the vocals, one of the only flat out hypnotic songs I've ever listened to. basically just two chords and a drum machine for 10 minutes, but when augmented with all the extra synth lines and vocals, it works so well

I liked the 2nd album better

This sound blew my mind the first time I heard it, now I can't listen to more than 5 minutes at a time

I thought the story of Frankie kind of fell flat. It's kind of textbook campfire kind of spook. Nothing to write home about, and not very creative. I've heard better voice acting for a story in audiobooks.

alan vega was the first creepypasta youtuber

It's not "voice acting", the dissociated quality of his vocals is very important.

it's not even good in that regard. it just sounds like he is trying too hard.

>the most well-known, influential and often agreed as the best track in the album is mentioned on a discussion about said album
>some autist has a hissy fit about it

I don't think you should call this user autist given you like this cartoon.

it's a reactiong image, user. I didn't even watch the show yet.

>I didn't even watch the show yet.
and you shouldn't if you really value your neurotypical brain

These and pic related

I didn't really understand No Wave in general until I relistened to The Ascension a couple of months ago and then it finally all clicked.

What exactly clicked? I like no wave in general, but The Ascention leaves me a bit lost at times.

I don't really know how to describe it but listening to The Spectacular Commodity on really loud volume just had this insane sound to it as if you were being blasted by many guitars at once. After that I tried out other No Wave bands like DNA and instantly liked them

lots of albums actually
i think im lazy

To Be Kind took a lot of obvious inspiration from The Ascension, its pretty cool to see how far No Wave has come.