Prove me wrong (you can't)

Amerifag here, not gonna argue kek

>Can only handle dealing in 10's
>Measuring things on a human scale in the thousands regularly

Fucking retarded shit.

I'll bet you 6 groats and a cup of flour that you've never even attempted the simple maths of 12 like those in the ancient world did

>Actually defending making things needlessly complicated

The British are the ones that came up with the imperial system and even the British dropped it for Metric.

It's the Murica pride. It's the same retarded mentality as the french, refusing to adapt to the language, expecting everyone else to their retarded system.

Have you fucking used metric tires sizes?

>X Y X
X is width of thread in millimeters (lol wut it's like 8 inches wide why the fuck are you using hundreds?)
Y is the RATIO of the tread width that the wide walls are (fucking WHAT, ratios are fucking stupid as shit assholes)
X is the nominal wheel width in inches (lol what? You're using standard measurements in conjunction with metric garbage, and to find the diameter of the tire you need to add NOMINAL INCHES with a RATIO of Milimeters)

Fucking trash.

Quick tell me the circumference of a 225 50 16 tire on a 8x16 wheel go!
Now tell me the circumference of a 225 50 16 tire on a 7 x16 wheel.
Sidewall angle is changing, changing the diameter. Fucking dank.

Now how about American tire sizes

31 10.50 15.
X Y Z
That's diameter in inches, then tread width in inches, then wheel diameter in nominal inches.

You can find the circumference of an American tire size one simple equation. 31 * 3.14. Wow super hard.
Circumference is a huge deal when we're talking about gearing and speed.

Using maths of 10 instead of 12 makes things more consistent and efficient. The metric system is better from every angle.

>Yeah mate, my car's 1451 mm wide.

the Metric system was forced upon the British by the EU to conform with their standards.

They still use it alongside metric

>says 1451 milimeters and not 1.45 meters
>being this retarded

>Defending Watts for work
>Defending pascals for pressure
>Defending newtons for force
>Defending the relatively huge unit of a degree Celsius for temperature

You're an idiot.
Standard works much better for individuals on a daily basis. And once you get past your "science" of measuring water and cxonvertings its volume and dimenions and weights, you'll find out that metric is convoluted as fuck, and much less relateable to daily life.

>ratios are stupid as shit"
>"talking about gearing and speed"
All credibility lost..

Then why didn't Britain drop the pound and adopt the Euro?

Confirmed for a non-native metric user.
Dimensions are always cited in mm.

The only dimension that's cited in meters often is human height. Meters are used for distances.

I have no idea where you heard that. That's such a bizarre rule.

The only thing I have against metric is that Celsius are too fuckin big for using everyday.

Yeah, because fucking everyone uses Watts, Pascals and Newtons on their daily life.

The euro isn't a unit of measurement?

What?
Who the actual fuck told you that?
Are you retarded or something?

>Area where ratios are inherent
>Area where a ratio complicates things

Use some critical thinking.
Give me one reason a sidewall should be displayed as a ratio of the tread width.
For things as simple as tire fitment this makes things hugely complicated.

If you have a 225 50 16 tire and a 16x8 wheel, but you want to step up to a 17x9 wheel what size tire do you use to keep your gearing and ride high and keep your tire fitting in your wheel arch?

I literally cannot tell you without a reference chart.
If I were fucking guessing I'd say a 235 40 17, but that's likely not right.

If we're talking about American tire sizes and you have a 25 8.50 16 on your 16x8 wheel and you want to move to a 17x9 wheel you'd simply need a 25 9.50 17 to keep things even across the board.

Right. It's a currency. Much more important than a unit of measurement.

the fact you have the mind set of not being able to be proved wrong proves you are wrong

Troll detected. Measurements are given in cm, weight in kg (not grams as your dumbfuck rule implies) gtfo

Get out.

ok bud

Britain is (was) in the European Union but wasn't part of the Eurozone

My "dumb fuck rule" didn't imply that at all.
Go get dimensions for literally any single object from a native metric user and you'll be getting those dimensions in mm.

Obvious troll is obvious

You used fitment totally incorrectly here. Your minimum wage job at discount tire does not qualify you to participate in this argument. Also, you're arguing about what the system is used to measure, not the system itself. Arguing that measuring the sidewall of a tire is useless, says nothing towards whether the unit of measure is efficient. By your argument, measuring the sidewall would be just as useless in inches.

Only autists and OCD folk care about metric vs imperial.

does your computer have 4096 megabytes of ram, or 4000? why not 5000? imperial wins again

Same thing is true for Linux compared to Windows. And yet the faggots who defend Linux think it makes them so smart and elitist.

You're arguing. You're an autistic spazz. Your argument pans out, please continue.

Wheel offset is also pants on head retarded.

The metric unit of offset in MM is a measurement of the mating surface of the wheel's offset from the center line.
Meanwhile in America we use backspacing, which is the distance between the inside lip of the wheel to the mating surface of the wheel.

If you're changing wheel widths that means you have to calculate the correct offset, using a mixture of Inches and MM.
With backspacing you just need to maintain your current backspacing.
If you can have at max 4" of backspacing then you can get any wheel width as long as it has 4 or less inches of backspacing and it will fit.

But if you have a 16x8 inch wheel with 0 offset, that means you have 4 inches of backspacing. So if you want to move up to a 16x9 inch wheel you need to have an offset of -12 to maintain a 4 inch backspacing. It's fucking stupid as shit.

Someone please explain why it makes sense to make the point of freezing 32 degrees as opposed to zero. Explain that too me. It would be like saying you're only broke once your bank account has 32 dollars in it. Then the bank starts to overdraw.

Still continuing to argue the use of the units of measure, not the units themselves. Also, that soccer mom needs her tires aired up, better get on it Jr.

Clearly you have no interest in cars if you think I used fitment incorrectly.
And clearly you have no interest in cars if you think that the presentation of data in the metric tiresize isn't inherently hard to use.
If I want a wall height in an American tire size I can do a simple subtraction. Diameter (a given dimension) minus nominal wheel size (a given dimension)
Sidewall height isn't a useful metric, and it's even easier to get to from an American tire measurement.
Metric tire sizes are pants on head retarded.

Yeah linux is bullshit, but a lot of people defend Linux because Microsoft likes to tamper with their OS so I can kind of get it.

What a retard.

I work in manufacturing and it's a metric is a lot easier when dealing with extremely small lengths

>0.001mm is equal to 0.00005 inches

If I continued we'd be going into thurrito territory.

>Airing tires up in kilopascals
What a joke.

I'm arguing against their implementation.
Offset is a metric measurement. Period. While I could measure offset in Inches, it isn't done. No one gives out offset in inches. Only in mm.
It's a metric measurement.
The opposite is true for back spacing.
In a metric world that's how you measure these things. Those are the terms you talk in. That's the reality of the metric system in use. No amount of
>muh 10!
Can change that.

America. There, I proved you wrong.

Continuous production here, I have to get down to 1/64th which is .015625 haha
But if everything was centered on metric, it would be easier to be more precise

>0.001mm is equal to 0.005 thou
Wrong, 0.001 mm is equal to 0.039 thou.

If you want to be mr precise talking in measurements in the thousands of thou then you really should be taking into account that 1 thou is 0.0254 mm

There is no arguable way to claim that working in MM is significantly different than working in thou.

In inches you work in fractions, in metric you work in decimals.
Same shit different story.

You are reassuring his point

sure i can, you have to have brains to figure the imperial system. with metric you just move the decimal point around. even africans can figure that out.

You're missing the point. You keep saying "measuring the sidewall height is useless"..ok fine, it'd be just as useless in imperial. Measuring it anything would be useless per your points. This is an argument over which is better, a base ten measurement system like metric, or the random bullshit that is inches>feet>yards>miles etc. Your words have literally no bearing on the argument. What is "being measured" does not count as metric or imperial, it is the UNITS OF MEASURE in question and "the height of a sidewall" is not a unit of measure, it is something to BE measured. Your basic cognitive skills are failing you.

>In inches you work in fractions, in metric you work in decimals.
>Same shit different story.
US civil engineers use inches in decimal format

Metric might be useful if people even used it properly. They have named units every 10, and yet most of them remain unused. For example in time we go between ms and s. What about centiseconds? Decisecond? Why have these in metric if no one in their right mind uses them? Are users of metric too stupid to even use their own units?

10/10 and this user knows what he's talking about !

quads can't save your strawman argument

>US civil engineers
Thought they used metric. Do they hate themselves?

Having a base ten makes sense mathematically. Even if you don't use the number 100 often, you still need it.

just bought land. the plat is in feet and inches to the 1/10 of an inch

A tire, in metric, is measure like that.
There is no getting around this.

Just like inches are broken into fractions, tires and wheels are measured like that in metric.
Metric is a total and complete pain in the ass to work with in the real world.
These are established industry standards. You cannot get away from it. There is no such thing as a metric backspacing. If you're ordering wheels you're getting offset in MM as a spec. That's it. If you really believed in the "master race metric" meme then you'd be actively acknowledging these and doing everything in your power to right these wrongs. Not attempting to ignore and bury them. Metric is a bad system of measurement when you actually use it beyond 7th grade science class.

To any decent human being a pair of 355's are 35.5 centimeters wide..

The amazing part of counting everything on 10's is that it makes simplifying a lot easier.

12-24-36-48 is annoying, just move the comma over and simplify..

Why do Amerifucks make their lives so hard by shit like Imperials and blacks.

Anyone can simply light a match too and it requires no effort, so let's go back to rubbing sticks against eachother to make fire like we're living in the stone age.

>Amerifat logic

Actually with any given unit of measure, all you REALLY need is a single unit. Technically all you need is a second and a second can give you EVERY possible value of time. If you want something really small you can say 0.000000001 seconds or 1e-5 seconds. Metric system defines a system of conversion of units and multiple different units which can easily be translated among each other. Most of those are defined and yet no one even uses them at all and they really have no reason for existence because if you used metric properly, most people wouldn't even understand you or think you're being a smartass. Purposely use centiseconds or deciseconds as your answers on tests for time values and I imagine most teachers would be pissed off or say these don't even exist (yet they do).

Converting your tread width into CM doesn't change anything.
Tell me the circumference of a 355 35 17 please.

No you're wrong, 0.00005 is 0.00127 the .00027 mm is too small a measurement in most manufacturing to be consistent

>Why do Amerifucks make their lives so hard by shit like Imperials and blacks.
it's what we were taught
i know my front door is 3 feet 0 inches wide. not 91.44cm wide

>Metric is a bad system of measurement when you actually use it beyond 7th grade science class
And yet the NASA use it. But guess you are smarter than these nerds, right? You are the one changing their wheels after all.

>Doors being refeered to as their feet then inches
This pisses me off.
>I NEED A THREE OH DOOR
Fuck off mate, it's a 36 inch door.

>What is base 8 vs. base 12?

this gotta be bait

>appeal to authority
you lose

I thought the rule of thumb was that the tiers went

1. Countries that have been to the moon
2. Countries that haven’t

>Let's used primitive units of measurement to prove how advanced we are

Please when you grow up go into engineering.
Please of please. You'll find out extremely quickly how convoluted the SI system really is.
Nasa uses the SI system btw, not the metric system.
It's all a shit show when you get deep into it.

my front door is 6 oh 6 8
a twin with two 3 ohs by 6 8 tall

>Not understanding 1/3

Get back out to the mill tyrone. Those mortises aren't gunna fuck them selves up.

Agreed, now the question is why have we not switched to metric time yet?

computers are binary
etc

No, that dosn't make it "metric" it makes it a Euro standard, just measured in Metric. How can you not understand the difference between a unit of measure and a standard dictating what is measured? No wonder you only work at a Discount Tire..

Sure. If that makes you sleep better, whatever.

>Nasa uses the SI system btw, not the metric system.
OK. I don't mind if you pretend to be retarded, this is Sup Forums after all. Here, have a last (you)

actually, the call out '3 0 x 6 8' is usually the inside of frame dimension...making the door width 35-13/16" wide. height can vary due to sill condition, or lack of

What's easier..
1/3 of 1 meter
Or
1/3 of one foot?

All these metric fags don't understand fractions

>Sure. If that makes you sleep better, whatever.
ad hominem attack. you lose again. :)

>1/3 of one foot
4 inches :)

It's not a euro standard.
It was a standard developed in the US.
And it's become a global standard.
There are some euro standard tire sizes out there. Like 265/680 ZR 500A.
Which is even fucking more complicated and retarded.

There is no getting around that using the metric system is using metric tire sizes.
Stop burying the reality of your shitty systems implementation.

You were molested by your dad, uncle and aunt :)

When working with something wholly measured in less than that single unit, having a significantly smaller unit makes life infinitely less complicated. Using a base ten system like metric when creating said units makes conversion simple if it becomes necessary.

can't refute what i posted so you attack me.

Fucking leaf here. We use both regularly, and while the metric system seems to make more logical sense I find that the measurements in imperial are easier to visualize at a glance. No idea why.

eurofags are full of hot air? I believe it

Whether created in Europe or America, it is a standard dictated WHAT IS TO BE MEASURED, not the unit itself. Jesus how are you so fucking dense?

>Prove me wrong (you can't)

>60 seconds
>60 minutes
>12/24 hours
>7 days
>28/29/30/31 days
>365 days
>12 months

"Metric is so much better! Here, let me express that measurement in km per hour because you miles per hour fags are so backwards."

>basing your "better" measurements on inaccurate estimates of the earth's diameter and boiling point at obsolete (rising) sea levels

And 1/3 of a yard is....?

Th fact imperial units are divisible by 2,3, and 4 as whole numbers makes them vastly Superior to metric in many cases

That's the real world implementation of the unit.
Either admit it and admit that Metric is a shit show, or deny it and continue to aid in metrics downfall.
If you love the system so much I would imagine you'd take criticism of it well, and not so aggressively.

1 foot. duh

So what's a fifth of a foot?

Hurr durr my denominators are better than yours durr.

This is you.

The reality is no one uses yards though.

You only use yards in fabric and in marksmanship.
Both of which skip over feet entirely.

And before someone gets to it, no one uses miles and feet or yards together.

In school you need only about one hour to learn everything about the metric system. The only hard thing is to learn the words like gram, meter, liter. Thats it. But for imperial system it takes much weeks to learn all the names, numbers, how to calculate and shit like that.
Its easy to forget all of this. Thats stupid.

A lot of time for learning imperial system is wasted. The rest of the world can use this time and energy to learn important things.