youtube.com/watch?v=2ovMVM83bZ8
esolangs.org/wiki/Befunge
blog.roguetemple.com/2010/08/29/the-serial-killer-roguelike-hoax/
youtu.be/Xcecg4W2yl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a gaming console to put your pener in

youtube.com/watch?v=2ovMVM83bZ8
they're working on it

Here's one evolutionary idea: an rpg where you have actual choices. Even the recent Tyranny that advertises choices so much is a lackluster. Once you make a choice at the end of act 1 you're pretty much railroaded and everyone you're not supposed to be best buddies with will attack you on sight. (and srsly, a fucking resistance faction in a game about tyranny? You had one fucking job, Paradox)

fuck, revolutionary

Something with machine learning, but I don't know what

How about a game where you can actually be a mage who can throw spells at shit without being a pussy about it?

>doesnt understand that role playing means playing a role whether or not you make it up or not.

nice try EA GAMES but shut up and just make BC3 or BF2143 already

I'm playing a neutral judge (Fatebinder(servant) of Tunon, the Adjudicator, Archon of Justice). Game proceeds to force me to take sides. Can't be neutral anymore no matter what.

Alright ya austic granny snuffer lemme drop some know-how on your pie crust you call a face

>Omg I want a game where choices mattteeeerrrrrr
Alright so I want you to picture this:
>be you
>somehow smart enough to be working on game development
>spend 8 months perfecting the gameplay w/o flaws such as falling out of the map, weird appendage glitches, 404 dumbass not found etc
>working nonstop on this shit
>like this is your life
>zombielandclown.png
>boss come down
>"hey user, great work you mediocre fuck, but what you just spent all that time working on, do it again but develop a brand new story based off of one interaction at the beginning and reprogram it all."
>so fine you spend 6 months working on it
>finallyitsover.jpeg
>boss again
>"hey user, you fuck, good job except I need you to rewrite another plot and reprogram it again if they make another small choice here..."
>rinse and repeat for every possible outcome

The moral of the story kids is that it isn't even possible to make the game you want where you can play two or more entirely different games. The resources and cost would be outrageous that the consumer would be paying thousands of dollars for one game. Not to mention that by the time it's done the graphics that they programmed for and tested for are now outdated and need to be revamped across the board.

tl;dr Game like this is why the gaming industry blows and releases broken games.

a game of a world made of blocks
and your a guy with a hammer
and you hit the blocks
and you make a tower to masturbate in
fastest masturbate win

I have a couple ideas I've been rolling around in my head for a while.

>The "one stat" game
In this game you have a single "stat". It's your health, your mana, your experience, your gold, etc. I like to call this stat something like "essence" or "soul"

For the play style I've alternately considered everything from an early Final Fantasy turn-based battle to a Metroidvania style, and someone even recommended a 3D Dark Souls feel. Although regardless of exact mechanics, it has to be an RPG.

When you defeat enemies, you gain some maximum essence. When you take a hit, your current essence is reduced (and can be restored up to maximum via healing mechanics -- potions or health regen or something). Using abilities also costs current essence (effectively casting spells hurts you). When you go to town you can purchase equipment or learn new skills at the cost of max essence (if you don't have enough max essence, the purchase would kill you)

>The alchemy game
Plenty of games have alchemy has a shitty side feature that's poorly fleshed out and consists mostly of memorizing recipes or adding together hidden attributes to get potions. The idea here is to have a full-fledged chemistry system with complex interactions between molecules and millions of possible combinations. It'd be an engineering / puzzle game where you try to create potions with certain effects while minimizing negatives.

Alchemy is broken down into four steps:

Preparation (crushing things into powder or extracting oils)
Dissolution (creating potions from prepared ingredients)
Combination (mixing multiple potions to cause chemical reactions)
Distillation (extracting only what you want from the weird slurry of chemicals in front of you)

I even worked out a lot of the math and figured out how you could simplify real chemistry to create a semi-fantasy alchemy that can still be engineered to produce potions of varying strengths and types.

More to come (out of characters)

>destroy all of humanity in opening scene
>spend rest of game doing awesome shit happy as fuck that you destroyed humanity

>The programmed magic game
This was a fun idea I toyed with after watching The Irregular at Magic High School (terrible anime, by the way. Do not recommend)

Provide people with an NxN grid of spaces where they can "program" spells. Larger grids cost more money or require higher levels to use. Spell are programmed using Befunge:

esolangs.org/wiki/Befunge

It's a very visual programming language so it'd be fun and easy for beginners and gamers to learn - and it's optimized for interpreters and not compilers so it's perfect for a game. Then have commands like "add fire element" or "move magic source" or "detonate magic" that allow you to, through code, define exactly what it means to "throw a fireball". People could then invent all sorts of weird magic: making walls of different elements, moving players or objects, etc.

You could even allow for user input while a spell is being cast using the numpad. In this way you could have single-purpose magic devices programmed to just "throw a fireball", and multi-purpose ones where you hit a direction for the element and it throws an attack of the element you choose. Or you could do something like "each time I hit the up arrow, add one more charge of fire magic" so you can "charge" your spell (draining more mana to deal more damage)

It takes the classic RPG wizard and mixes it with a programming element so that the greatest coder can win

A video game that send you trough tasks which seem like a game but are actually processing information for a purpose.

Instead of sitting on your ass doing nothing but slapping keys or wiggling joysticks with absolutely no output but farts and sweat, why not incorporate processing home loans, computing trajectories for NASA, biomedical research and development, or hell, even just training AI...

At least it would justify the hours of time spent focusing on bullshit that does nothing for personal advancement.

A 1v1 magic combat game in a huge city size map and you both have god-like powers.
Fly, super strength, super jedi like shit.

>An MMO where you forget skills
One thing I really enjoy in MMOs is the ability to cross-class infinitely.

Some MMOs lock you into a single class at level 1 and now you're a healer forever, no matter how long you play it or how bored you get. The only way to try another class is to start over at level 1 with someone new.

Some MMOs have a skill-based system where any player can learn any skill, so after I've maxed out my healing I can start learning sword skills. Once I max that I can learn attack magic. But games like this usually lead to ridiculous polymath characters who can do ANYTHING -- which is unrealistic (although realism isn't really the point of fantasy MMO games) and also kind of boring after a while. What's the point of creating a party and teaming up to fight a boss when you can single-handedly tank, nuke, AND heal yourself?

So I was thinking about an MMO where if you don't use a skill for long enough (maybe 40 hours of in-game time) then the skill starts slowly degrading. In this way the only thing you character is good at are the skills you use regularly. If you find yourself healing a lot, you'll be good at healing. If you find yourself tanking a lot, you'll be good at tanking.

You could even make the loss of skills less painful by having it track the highest level you've ever obtained, and if you're "relearning" a skill (you've forgotten it and you start using it again) then you learn at an accelerated rate.

In this kind of game, in order to have a character that can do EVERYTHING you have to actually do EVERYTHING -- constantly. No breaks, otherwise you'll slowly forget stuff.

As part of this I also thought about having a tag-based skill system. Instead of saying "blacksmithing is a skill and to make mithril armor requires level 95" you say "making weapons" is a skill and "properties of mithril" is a skill and "using hammers" is a skill. Using a hammer to forge a mithril weapon will utilize all 3 of those skills

and everything on the map can be destroyed or used as weapons.

>The 2D-3D mind fuck game
There are a lot of "4D puzzle games" that just display a 3D slice of the world and either give you 90-degree rotations, or fixed-width translation through the fourth dimension. This creates a trippy sensation that doesn't really help people to understand 4D mechanics and, if anything, leaves them feeling like the fourth dimension is just a bunch of confusing nonsense with terrains and environments magically changing for no reason.

Why not piss people off by taking that same concept and reducing the number of dimensions? Present a 2-dimensional playing field, but the real world is 3-dimensional. They can only rotate 90 degrees or translate a fixed width across the Z axis. In this way they see nothing but weird and difficult to comprehend slices of the world and don't understand what they're moving through or doing. The game could be a simple puzzle platformer.

Upon completing a level you could zoom out and show them the 3-dimensional field they just played on so they feel like an idiot when they see how easy the puzzle really was.

My last idea:

>NEET simulator
You play the role of a college-aged boy who just wants to play games. The game comes complete with built in "mini-games" that are just open source or really old vidya (donkey kong, galaxian, etc)

The more time you spend playing these mini-games, the better your score (or happiness or whatever). However you have to eat and sleep and take care of yourself and if you don't make enough money somehow (maybe mooching off of relatives or begging your girlfriend who you're struggling not to lose) then you'll end up dying alone and no one will know or care

It's ultimately a resource management game but with a self-awareness

>based off of one interaction at the beginning and reprogram it all
you don't "reprogram it all" you just reuse what you've already done elsewhere. And i don't give a shit what problems they have during development anyway.

Tyranny has 4 paths which are impossible to change (except 1 of them can be switched to from the other three during act 2 several times) and the allies you get and choices you can make are limited to that path for no good reason. All I want is have the broadest selection of choices that THEY ALREADY HAVE in the game and not be limited by that single choice in Act 1 which is entirely stupid and forced. Here's how it goes: whole known world except one tiny land is already taken over by a mighty archmage/overlord that is basically revered as god, resistance is futile. You are a servant of the main judge dude sent to oversee the conquest of the last piece of land. Things go south at one point because Overlord sent two rival generals with their armies and they start fucking each other over, slowing the conquest. And instead of simply finding logical solutions to problems you A) Become a lapdog of one of the two generals and do their errands for no fucking reason B) Side with the resistance (wut) C) Use the armies of one of the generals to crush the rebellion and then slaughter the left over soldiers in that area (apparently I can't just walk away on my business to send a message that I don't want to side with that general) and make most people hostile.

DA:O felt like it had more choices ffs, because I could do whatever I want at any point, within the plot of the game. I was initiated to be a Gray Warden, so I do Grey Warden things.

Not the user who was arguing before, but I have a different counterpoint

As cool as it sounds to have an "infinitely open ended game" where you can make meaningful choices that change the world,... games like this just aren't that fun to play. People LIKE having direction and purpose and goals. That's why they buy games. To direct them and tell them what to do.

If you want infinitely open ended with choices that matter, play Minecraft. If you decide to build a city, YOU BUILD A FUCKING CITY and the world is different as a result. But no one does that, do they? They all do the same goddamn thing: make a shelter to hide from creepers then install mods.

How about a video game loosely based off some franchise that was cancelled a while ago? I'm sure if you went to Kickstarter you'd get financed.

Buy if you actually wanna make a game and not just be Jewish, maybe one that takes place in a city, and you can kill people and watch how others react

a solo lane moba with capture points and seconds ticking down, played by teams of 2+ players,
abilities, items, leveling. you will have a leveling animation so youre less covered for attacks
can be lots of settings

i wanted to have this as fast paced moba

All I want is a DBZ game like the ones on PS2 but in HD and with all the new characters.

vainglory on android is a single lane moba 3v3
pretty sure you can play it through android emulator on PC

a good star wars shooter with current gen graphics

oh, and if you want an actual fast paced MOBA without bullshit like lanes, there's Battlerite, it's a literal Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. 2v2 or 3v3 best out of 5 rounds brawl with 30+ champions to choose from

GAME DEV HERE, BROKEN CAP LOCK ANDKEY BETWEEN A AND D WILL OR MIGHT MAKE IT

A high speed arcade style carpentry/building game based on actual techniques

I really want to see someone remake the classic arcade game Rastan.

Multiplayer survival game with crafting elements.

Downs Syndrome Simulator.

>Our House: Party!

>7 Days to Die

Idk what I was on when I made this but fucking do it

not sure what you're getting at there, I never said I wanted an infinitely open ended game. I want a solid story with choices within it that matter and make sense. Tyranny managed to make choices that matter, but they make fuck all sense for no reason.

Seeing the coolness of F13....

I'd like a serial killer game. With a twist.

Game start, you choose your "path".
>kill old men
>kill college chicks
>kill black haired car salesmen
>kill drunks

You get bonus points for fulfilling capture and kill.
Stats:
>ferociousness=base damage with weapons or strength to choke/strangle
>Speed/reaction=quicker movement and hiding time
>Stealth=blend into crowds or hide under a bed
>Charm=how well you lie and stay IC to hide your evil deeds
>Cunning=ability to pick locks, tie knots, boobytrap a car tire
>Will= how long you can avoid making a mistake by killing wrong person/too soon, your ability to withstand questioning

Avoid police, avoid armed homeowners, avoid mace....eventually, when your legend reaches a certain point...you must avoid the crack team of FBI criminalmind types coming after you.

Open world exploring....random events happen (random police stop for speeding, weather, witnesses, pets)

Whatcha think? I'd like a good solo game where you're the actual fucking bad guy.

heres my dumbshit idea

3rd person,2 teams, 1 "god" per team, playing a commander role, 12 or 16 players
deathmatch type game

basically a mix between the game natrual selection and a minigame from runescape called stealing creation.

teams are based on different earth environments, swamp, desert, lava, ice, water. whatever. based on the terrain the god commander picks, thats what the team plays as, and different stats for each tetrain choice.

players can choose to gather resources, craft, or fight. objective is to destroy an enemy point or kill the god character.

i liked the idea of the commander god player being able to use a mobile device to assist the team, spawn resources, some sort of damaging aoe attack or something, maybe an ability to spawn as a legendary unit or something.

idk, i havent worked out everything and its an idea ive had for a while, but no way to make it happen. hopefully someone actually makes it tho. i wanted to call it "of the earth".

have had this idea for like 7 years
nice

what about a physics simulation with browser accessibility? like, second life on 90s steroids, blocky characters having 1 second per minute kung fu matches so that you really need to know technique in order to do combat?
>then we put in auras

I thought about this one a while ago, this is my dream game.

A new Xcom game in which you're not fighting giant crabs or grey ones but Lovecraftian horrors and cultists.

Alien abductions would be replaced by cultists abductions, attacks on cities by cultists opening portals and releasing shoggoths in our world, bomb defusal missions would be replaced by portal "defusal" (preventing a portal from being opened) etc...
As time corruption would spread throughout the world making it creepier and creepier.

You'd still have scientists and engineers to upgrade your equipment but you would also be able to use dark forces to your advantage either by creating magic armor and weaponry or directly infusing your soldiers with these powers, like the genetic mods in enemy within.

a sequel to the Mother series
some people were working on a ''Mother 4'' game and had to rename it due to Nintendo threatening to press charges so they did continue the project but would rename it and it's been in limbo for years

Are you accusing me of intellectual theft m8?

I'd love to see a game like this..I'm not sure it's do-able though. Too massive? Too many random things to toss in?
How do you deal with DNA? How do you deal with a neighbor calling the cops? Gotta have some mechanic in place to deal with things that get serial killers caught. Go too soft (hitman), and it's stupid boring.
How you add the tension? The 'stress' of needing to kill, and needing to be invisible?

Oh and of course there you'd also have to manage your squad's sanity and keep them from going mad.

>Lovecraftian horrors and cultists
Big fan of anything along this line.

reminds me of that fake rogue-like from years back. someone made a dev blog for something like that, then there was an extreme backlash.

Game is President
You have to win the election
Strengthen secret service
Deal with foreign policy and war

Kicker its first person and online you can join secret service or become terrorist

>The 'stress' of needing to kill, and needing to be invisible?
Screen flashing red on the edges....your vision narrows. You fumble simple tasks. Drop hand held items. Attract attention.

Something like that maybe.

in all honesty i just want a H-game where i can fuck the shit out of jessie as all 900 pokemon or whatever there is these days.

Name is down with the syndrome

Vr with syndrome

>then there was an extreme backlash
Figures.
If you wanted to do a BTK or GreenRiver killer type game...you'd have to do some sorta of rapey tyme cut scene...I can see how that would make people freak a little.

Any way to find a "balance"?
F13 has some wicked kill scenes. But not a killer who wants to cut off and eat the toes or eyes of a victim.

Where would the "line" be?

Found it. Google "Serial Killer Roguelike", it was from 2010.

I'd be totally onboard tossing money at a kickstarter for this. I got behind f13, and haven't regretted it.
DAMMIT, MAKE THE GAMES I WANT!

thanks m8

Dude..it was fake?

blog.roguetemple.com/2010/08/29/the-serial-killer-roguelike-hoax/

I quite like this idea. You have a lot of possibilities for mixes of classes and skills depending on what you want to be.

yes, like I said in
Such a shame though, I was hyped for a while back then. I think it was a really good idea. It was also possible that the dev announced it as a fake cause of the public outcry, but maybe he really did have a working alpha.

>It was also possible that the dev announced it as a fake cause of the public outcry, but maybe he really did have a working alpha.
Yeah.
I can imagine his hate mail.
>OMG U EVIL FUCK!!
>WE ARE SUING YOU!!
Soon, you got McCain talking to the senate about how dangerous the game is.

I can see a small time dev, tossing it in the trashcan before the legion of legal battles pop up.

school shooter/terrorist/serial killer necrophile cannibal pedophile game

ok how about it's like gta with three characters: one character you play as deranged loner and you have to complete missions preparing for the "big day" all the while dealing with bullies and daily drama, another you play as a muslim terrorist and you have to complete missions planning terrorist attacks and completing them, and the 3rd character will run an international pedophile ring and you have to complete missions capturing kids and then killing and eating them or doing whatever all the while trying to evade getting caught so you have to kill people to hide your tracks.

A war game set in the future. Something gritty and realistic like Elysium. Realistic weaponry like battlefield and vehicles. Battles set in different planets with cool landscape. Future versions of past battles. Like imagine Vietnam with lasers and cloned raptors. Or fighting insurgents with exo suits and ak´s that shoot explosive rounds.

static words remain on screen until player pushes "turn page," at which point a new set of static words appear on screen. Then, HERE'S THE BEST PART: if the player continues to read the words all the way until the end, player is rewarded with knowledge and a skill-set upgrade!

Sadly, you retarded fucks will waste your lives away, victims of Pavlovian conditioning to fake/gay "rewards."

sounds like every video game ever made

A video game similar to sims where you live out your life in prison and have to choose your gang or build your own, put out hits, have yard gang wars, drug trafficking, etc.

A mass shooting game would be interesting if done right. Maybe something short since shootings irl only last less then a hour, short but deep and scary. Something that lets you get in the head of the shooter not something edgy like hatred.

not bad

you play as an indian child making his first "game" then after getting really involved with the game someone takes your picture, post it on the internet, and you get told to kill yourself a lot.

i already said that!!!

Show me a game where you can use an explosive round m60 and shoot at exo suited vietcong and Chinese controlled cloned raptors

An online prison simulator would be cool.

Have a drone of some sort

It either spends a few days mapping out a city, or pulls data from something like google maps

Once that is created/accessed, you not just effectivly stream live movement of things

Entire objective is to create meyham in this theoretical world of yours

Truely this will have no real world reprecussions

*you now only effectivly stream movements from the drone

Somniphobia - Fear of Sleep

(Thriller/Horror game)

>Play as a character who has a severe phobia of going to sleep.
>every time he/she does fall asleep, they have terribly horrifying nightmares that tend to wake them up in cold sweats
>typically sleep walks / sleep talks when they do fall asleep
>Perhaps give some back story of a past trauma that they can’t get over
>fear of going to sleep tends to keep them up most of the night
>eventually, the lack of sleep and fatigue cause them to start hallucinating
>as you progress, it gets harder and harder to tell whether the character is sleeping or awake
>dreams become reality
>character slowly becomes insane

Exactly what I was thinking

sounds boring as hell

...and anal sex. Lots and lots of anal sex.

A game where you play a clown who rounds up children into a giant blender. If you get enough, a fat vampire gives you a spanking.

There was an online, flash game similar to that. You would keep falling asleep (i.e. the screen would get darker and darker) and you had to wake yourself up at certain checkpoints.

I could get behind this idea. Maybe you could have a choice to either stay with the regular people, preventing portals from opening or you could choose to follow the cultists and open up more portals to warp the world even more.

Realism is definitely not the preferred option in most games. I once played a top-down strategy game where not only did you build units for your army, but you also had to build the weapons for each of them as well. It sucked.

Losing skills that you spend forever to build would also suck. Unless you're an aging wizard with alzheimer's disease...

An actual milsim with real missions tired of the same old cod shit that some pos grunt saves the world while riding a bike like a fucking arcade bullride, take actual battle plans from some of the best battles in history aswell as simple recon missions and multiplayer massive battlefields with like at least a standard 500 player battalion strength for both teams. If it was even a console or computer built for just this game and nothing else I'm down.

If you add in multiplayer (maybe a spin-off game) where it’s one serial killer vs random group of people (e.g., college kids on spring break). Serial killer player gets “heighten senses” and can tell where the victims are hiding or something to make it easier to find/corner them. Maybe someday we’ll have a way to link players’ heartbeat/stress levels to the game. The serial killer would get bonus points base off of how scared he made the other players in the round.

Fuckin'.... Ever seen Megabyte Punch?
Megaman, Kirby, and Smash Bros all at once., but Metabots flavored.
Do that, but on a fucking handheld so I can play it more efficiently.
Maybe more parts, definitely more stages. I don't care if its robots or not.
I just wanna bop around in stages and collect parts/powers

So basically Friday The 13th mate.

a true survival game
no gay guns, no zero effort constructions like in minecraft, no bandits or meals that magically restore your status.

here you are against nature, and to make a small fire is an achievement. Maybe your game session is just to find water and inform the group, while you try to endure the starvation.

Finding another player is going to be dangerous as with any stranger, but most likely they will have no alternative but to work as a team.

It is a reason to party in real life, if in the week they manage to have a solid roof and maybe a cup of huano.

To be honest that sounds like it would really boring after a while. imagine spending hours collecting wood to build a fucking wall.

player unknowns battlegrounds utilizing google earth as mapspace so you could literally choose to play in any city in the world.

F13 has that, minus the heart rate.

Last year, that's coming out (soon-ish), looks good too.

Let's see...

>There is a mind virus that infects neckbeards, causing them to become paralyzed in front of a monitor.
>You play a brave superhero, Captain Realworld, who must break into people's homes and smash their computers, freeing the neckbeards of their paralysis.
>If you don't act quickly, partially infected degenerates begin taking over high offices in the government and business and start destroying the country.

A grizzly bear will be able to kill a single player without effort, it will take several players to take one down. Diseases and infections will become a very dangerous addition, requiring makeshift remedies and preventions.
You can break bones in your body, Which becomes very serious. You'll become limited in mobility, and the only thing that will heal it is time and sleep. You can build your own shelter but it will be very primitive for a while, most shelters will be huts and hammocks, and have a great chance of falling apart after a while. Hunger, Thirst, Frostbite and Overheating will be very important mechanics. This sounds awesome as fuck

lmao i didn't read anything you wrote bc tl;dr but that just made me think what if they made a game where you have to build the wall on the mexican border and trump is screaming at you.

Chatbot ai based chating too chats and files get erased after 20 seconds.

Ok so a getting over the border game would sound like fun. One team are the Mexicans trying to get over the wall and the other team is border patrol. The Number of Mexicans that get across is the number of points the immigrant team gets.

And the number of Mexicans captured is the number of points the border police gets.
The Mexicans must work as a team and they have a set of tools they can use, like firecrackers, molotov, cars, disguises and stuff like that.

The border police have guns, Tasers, trucks, dogs and other stuff to capture the mexicans. You can either catch the mexicans or kill them. But if you capture them, the ones still loose can help them escape. Bringing them in captured gives you more points than if you killed them.

Just the man I wanted to talk to.

youtu.be/Xcecg4W2yl4

This is probably a flash game on newgrounds or elsewhere

I like your idea