FIFA 98 is the GOAT sports video game

FIFA 98 is the GOAT sports video game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7vUYRyVsL9I
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Cup
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>not fifa 97 with indoor mode

98 has indoor mode as well

FIFA 99 will always be special to me because it had Olaf Thon on the cover.

>not Mario Strikers

>tackling the goal keeper to collect red cards
Good times

England and.Germany talking about video games

You need a team in ucl semis.

> standing in front of the goalkeeper when he's kicking the ball out from his hand
> ball bounces off you into the goal

the sweetest feeling

>no winning eleven 9
plebs

>I never had fun as a kid

i remember fifa road to world cup 98
i remember the filthy tackle button
i remember so many fucking red cards and laughing hysterically when one time out of 100 you got away with it

>fifa 98 had all 172 fifa registered national teams
>fifa 17 cant even be fucked to have licensed kits for european champions portugal

Only right answer.

this
>tfw Benfica was fucking stacked in this game
>Miccoli
>Simao
>Rui Costa
>Nelson

Rui Costa blooters all day, Sporting fags mad

>tfw "i have no doubt" music begins as you load up fifa 98, feels exciting to be playing it again when you spent 3+ hours playing it the whole week.
>fifa 99 comes out, discover "Silva" on the bench for inter aka fat ronaldo
>your richer irl friends start spending money on nice clothes and dates with girls, while you waste hours on fifa 99 scoring 5+ goals every match in the "European Dream League"
>tfw you play Taribo West along side your starting 11 of superstars including Viera, Seedorf, Stam, Sherear because he is the only player with white and green specs in his dreads/hair decal
>tfw mom unexpectedly invites her friend out to nice lunch, and decides to make you babysit their autistic/ disabled son who is like 1 year younger than you but emotional intelligence of a 9 year old. Thanks for the warning Mom.
>was already playing fifa99, autist says he'll watch me finish my game and then play
>up 2-0 at half time, usually score more if mom didn't interrupt with her friends etc.
>score immediately after 2nd half whistle, austism kid starts shaking his leg like he needs the piss of the century
>score 2 more goals in quick succession, he just starts clapping and shaking leg like a mad man, I ask him if he is ok, he says score again, i make it 6-0, he starts running around the room clapping
>i tell autist I usally win by 4+ goals, he starts clapping and laughing, and says he just wants to watch me play fifa99, he doesn't even want to play himself
>Autist says he plays fifa99 like 4 hours a week on easiest difficulty, and only wins like 1 in 4 games. >He has only scored more than 3 goals twice in his whole life
>Literally all he wants to do for the next 2 hours is watch me score goals while he tries to contain he happiness by clapping, shaking his leg, and running in circles around the room and laughing.
>autist mom comes back and says she hasn't seen him this happy or relaxed for a while.
>I can't hold these confusing feels

the reason why 40% of the world still uses alternate controls on fifa

>FIFA literally cures autism, but if you have to delve deep into the autistic lifestyle to fully understand it

such is life

Nostalgia fags are the worst. Both new FIFA and PES are perfectly fine in their own ways.

The newer PESes are shit though

if you go in trying to play it like fifa, sure

only someone who never played the earlier games could honestly think this
FIFA has never been good, always relied on scripted events, not as much right now though and the game isn't too bad
PES is complete dog shit today, and no game has ever come close to PES6 or at least the PES3-6 era

>Indoor game
>no fouls
>maximum game length
>game ends 20-19 with all subs used and players hobbling around like they're on Resident Evil
Fucking brilliant times

>not PES 5

I hate all of you plebs.

>tfw yearly mods still keep coming

always thought there was toni even on the international cover

1.pes 6
2.nba steet
3.pes 4
4.nba 2k5
5.fifa 04

fifa 99 is GOAT

i remember my first goal was a shot from the kick off with michael owen..

also had the best intro

youtube.com/watch?v=7vUYRyVsL9I

What was that one football game where you could jump kick players?

Red Card.

Nice game. I completely missed that game.

It was another game. I think it was for the ps1.

Damn. Lost my copy in a fire but I just ordered a used PES 6 for three fiddy. Hop this shit runs on Win10

What's that 2D Nintendo soccer game where you had super shots depending on the nation you played? There were also stones scattered on some fields and when you fouled an opponent they got those big anime eyes.

>Right about now
>The funk soul brother
>Check it out now
>The funk soul brother
There's some pavlovian conditioning when I here this - I get ready for good times.

>Control F
>No Fifa Street

I do that in the newest FIFA

I still play this

*Blocks your path*

Loved playing the World Cup mode and you'd get shitters like Chad and Macedonia qualifying for the actual tournament.

*Also blocks your path*

I was literally just trying to find that game on google. I can't remember the name. I must have spend 1000's of hours playing it as a kid too.

WOOOHOOOO

such a good soundtrack

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Cup

>tfw playing on ice

>Fifa 98
>Pes 6
>international soccer shootout
>telefoot manager
>fifa 2000

but thats not fifa 2003

I loved this game.

plebs

Fifa 99 was my first

I used to enjoy making the other team sub the goalkeeper because play continued while the new GK ran on

Full 90 minute matches were a good laugh as well

>Deliberate foul button
>Make the refs so lenient you can lunge into the goalie and not get carded

kys

who /bannedtheirfriendsfromusingAdriano/ here?

Mat Hoffman Pro BMX have always been better

Was this the one where it was easy as fuck to score from 40 yards with any good player?

iirc it was pretty easy to score free kicks up to 2007

>disable cards
>win games by using the foul button to injure players of the opposing team until they don't have enough players to continue

was it 98 or 2000 in which the brazilian GK was so shit you better sub him from min 1 to avoid disaster?

>tfw scored 120 goals with Bergkamp in 1 season

No

it's fucking goat. have literally been playing this game for the past ten years.

GOAT

>let friend play Inter since he's shit at footy
>wrecks my shit

never again

>pass to bergkamp and score: the game

LE CUT INSIDE MAN????????????????????????????????????

It does though. Road to the world cup does at least

fifa peaked in 15
2k peaked in 14

haven't played pes since 6

It was in 2014

uhhh no I was playing it with my neighbours on the PS1

kek no that's Klavan. face hasn't been updated. he used to look more like that

Are you boys even trying?

G O A T
O
A
T

>ywn abuse brazil in this game again

whats the old fifa that had a button specifically for tackling with the studs up? you either got a red card or injured the other player. it was great.

p good but soccer league was better. more meme shots, weather effects and you could jump

fifa 2000 had it

sorry

in Fifa 98 and 99 you had a weird punching button that always meant a straight red. Maybe that's what you're referring to

New FIFAs are only good for the bantz factor. No other game can compete in making opponents mad af. Even jesus himself would break a controller or two playing fifa

THat on road to world cup 98 is the most fun I had with a football game.

but he evens looks like he's celebrating a cheeky goal against Spain on the background

You now remember this is football
You also remember when football games had dumb things like raptor costumes in it.

>being 8, playing against Angola indoor so you can beat them up and injure them

Ah. Lovely innocently racist times.

/thread

But can a raptor dab?

Chris Kamara's Street Soccer?

nice bait meme bait XDD
>argentina is white
>malvina son argentinas

>GOAT sports game
>lists a soccer game

I feel you could be wrong here

oh hey mate it's been a while

Not even the best football game of 1998.

If any of you have never played this, do so at the first opportunity you get

>not fifa 05, the pinnacle of fifa games

The game I played was International Superstar Soccer.

There were so many football games in the past. Now there is only FIFA and PES

Reminds me of pic related
>cross the ball into the box
>try to score with a header
>player goes good a bicycle kick instead
>actually score half of the time

>Fifa

I remember playing fifa 97 with my best mate on the pc, both of us had to share the same keyboard to play each other, good times

>no NBA Live 2000

plebs

I used to do this and laugh my ass off

Not the all time GOAT, but Don Bradman cricket 14 was the best sports game I've played in a long time.

old fifas and pes had goat music