Is it just me or did this season suck?

Is it just me or did this season suck?

whats this show about

Its the sequel to Sense8

every season sucks

I loved episode 4 but I'm a pussy

3 was pretty cool too.

Most of it was pretty bad. Some ok concepts paired with a lot of shit writing. I also don't understand why the show stopped being British.

[racemixing intensifies even between lesbians]

>I also don't understand why the show stopped being British.

Because it was bought out by Netflix and Netflix wouldn't be able to get the same tax breaks from the UK like Channel 4.

Seasons 1 and 2 sucked just as bad. Half of those episodes were shit like just Season 3.

It's just you, and the other too-cool contrarians on here who don't appreciate what might be, despite its occasional shortcomings, the best sf anthology since Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

this

Half of the episodes being shit is to be expected with this type of thing. The problem is that even the bad episodes from the first two seasons are significantly better than the good episodes in season 3.

>the best sf anthology since Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

>social media is bad
>repeat every episode

This

They should really let someone who isn't Charlie Brooker write an episode.

They're not worse, your expectations are just higher and you're getting bored.

Same quality as every other season, some great ideas with poor execution.

Ep 6 was pretty great tho

I just watched it all for the first time not knowing anything about the show and I have to say that s3 is a definite dip in quality. Though it's not really because the bad episodes are worse, it's because the good episodes aren't great.

The Waldo Moment was just a shorter, more blunt, "Wag The Dog"

First, with 'social media' being the most popular, pervasive and powerful aspect of modern technology, is it at all surprising that it comprises a large part of this show's focus?
Second, have you even watched the whole series? Less than half of episodes deal specifically with social media.

Yeah, I've seen the whole series and honestly when it's not social media it's dumb bullshit like "it turned out to be VR"

Power ranking this season's episodes

6 > 3 > 5 power gap 1 > 2 > 4

Can't you just use the catalogue? We have had at least 5 threads about in the past 4 hours.

4 is lowest?
Confirmed for pleb

Just finished watching episode 2 of the new season (hadnt watched any of the previous seasons.)

Holy shit. I dont think i've ever felt so empty and depressed at the end of watching a tv show.

4 isn't Black Mirror

It's a scifi Tumblr tale

Well acted but story wasn't Black Mirror at all

theres definitely a distinct change in the overall feel of the show in 4

i still thought the plot was really engaging anyway tho. great payoff at the end imo

I mean I saw it referenced somewhere else as basically following a rote Nicolas Sparks style plotline, and that really fit for how I saw the plot.

>theres definitely a distinct change in the overall feel of the show in 4

It's because it's actually a well made episode. The content isn't anything special, but it's well shot, and the editing isn't shit. It's one of the only episodes of the series that even attempts to make things feel surreal.

> well shot
> editing isn't shit

It was average. Not great, not bad.

Ep.2 was really uninspired photography, ep.1 took on a social media lens with how it shot everything (heavy handed in every aspect), ep. 3 was just similar to white bear so not much there. ep. 5 felt like the film Gamer .

Hated in the Nation is a homage to Hitchcock in a number of scenes and shot selection is pretty on point throughout.

It was boring and shit. The fact that Reddit can only speak of how 'well the lesbian relationship was portrayed' speaks volumes.

I think most of the episodes this season started off well but everytime the endings were pretty lame and badly written.

Agreed

same

4 > 3 > 2 > 6 > 1 > 5

YOU CAN'T SERIOUSLY BE ATTRACTED TO THIS WHY DOES EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD LIKE UGLY WOMEN

IT'S NOT LIKE YOU HAVE TO SETTLE WHEN THEY'RE JUST TV WAIFUS, YOU COULD PICK ANYONE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>like episode 3
>you've never seen a Sup Forums raid in 2011

>like episode 4
>love the 80s but haven't watched good ol' yuri anime

>like episode 1
>first entry into sci fi

>like episode 6
>good taste

>like episode 5
>okay, but haven't seen any Outer Limits

>like episode 2
>didnt' see inception or any other VR related films

I hated the first episode. My friend was raving about it but it came off as pure cringe to me

>pure cringe
It is. Cringe isnt' necessarily bad. But it's cringe.

Not even that user, but if you talk shit about Faye again I will fuck your little froggy ass up.

it's just you

I really loved ep. 6 ending. They had the balls to actually kill all those people (something I actually doubted because of how bittersweet rather than abysmal the other episodes had been).

Also it was shot very well without any exposition to explain what had really happened. And whatever song that was playing throughout was pretty well chosen.

Of course the final, final scene felt slightly unnecessary but maybe that was just an ode to the ending of Silence of the Lambs or something while trying to make it not entirely too bleak.

Either way it felt like Booker was forced to make the endings for this season slightly cheerier than they typically have been in the past.

Wow SO rude

I liked it but I would of liked to see a wider range of themes for the eps. Too many had an augmented reality angle to them but then again one could argue that's the future we are headed for right now.

as for season rankings. It's tough to say being there are more eps in season 3. So if you really liked 3 out the 6 eps that's in line with say seasons 1 and 2.

>I liked it but I would of liked to see a wider range of themes for the eps
I think the "contemporary" aspect is what's gonna kill the show. I'd love to see what Brooker could do with some more outré sci-fi.

>eugenics program
>blacks are allowed
wew