Did your theater laugh when he took off the mask?

Did your theater laugh when he took off the mask?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no y

no i don't go to theaters filled with niggers

Some laughed (including me) but mostly I heard women saying EUGHH

Now you mention it, yes they did.

No

Had a few chuckles, but had one huge black guy yell 'FUCKING SERIOUSLY?'

bretty funny

Honestly no, people gasped.

Yeah. Then someone pointed out the fact that he's far more attractive than the majority of Sup Forums and everyone laughed even harder

you know what ive come for..................................................................................................................................................................

Fucking ruined the character.

Reminds me of this, except they didn't change it.
youtube.com/watch?v=KQFho0_G1VI

It was the whole point of his character. It didn't ruin it, you just don't like the character.

>It was the whole point of his character.
What was the point? That he's just an angry dweeb susceptible to temper tantrums who shouldn't be in charge of a breakfast let alone a starbase/starship?

Yeah, I practically spit my crab legs out

Sort of. There were mostly black guys and women in the theatre I went.

>ey yo that boy ain't right
>NASTY ASS CRACKAH
>nigga dat boy gay ass hell
>that is one goofy looking dude
>EEEEIIIIIIIIHHHH

That the badass and the costume are just an act that hides that he's a doofy looking guy with emotional problems who doesn't belong on the dark side. He's not a badass dark sider and he's in over his head and trying to be something he's not.

>he's a doofy looking guy with emotional problems who doesn't belong on the dark side. He's not a badass dark sider and he's in over his head and trying to be something he's not.
So is this a high school coming of age movie or fucking STAR WARS?

>Darth Sidius
Embodiment of evil. Wants to rule the galaxy. Shoots lightning out of his hands. Finds joy in being evil and hurting people.

>Darth Vader
Commands respect with his presence and voice. Basically a thug for the emperor beating people up and taking names. Can choke people from across the room. Has 0 tolerance for bullshit.

We want to see our heros fight actual villains, not confused kids 'in over their head'.

It was very painful.

A guy sitting next to me said "well thts underwhelming"

FY

KEK

No, it was extremely painful.

The funniest part is when Han tells Leia "You remember him when you see my face." Which was fucking ridiculous.

Yeah

I watched it on a Friday at like 9 in the morning, so it was just me and a friend plus a small handful of people scattered throughout in the theater.
I don't remember a whole lot of reaction to anything.

This

Kill yourself retard

The only crowd reaction I witnessed was people laughing at the Falcon reveal and a bunch of toddlers laughing throughout the cantina scene the entire fucking time.

From the entrance to when the First Order arrived you couldnt hear a fucking word because 4 little children in the front row were laughing hysterically at DA FUNNY ALIENZ.

There was deadpan silence during the Poe and Kylo exchanged. They need to keep the marvel quips the fuck out of star wars.

No, but it was extremely painful.

No. People laughed. Theaters can't laugh you asshole.

I'm being completely serious, at least three people walked out at this point in the movie

I actually did but I was the only one. Some 10 yo gave me a fucking death stare that lasted a full minute. Long story short, I was lucky to escape with my life.

Nope.

A few women said he was hot, though.

Two people shouted "put it back on!"
There was genuine booing.
A baby started crying

Yes

>Having him remove his mask before the scene where he kills Han Solo

How much of a hack can you be?

So are mine

you fucker spoiler that shit

This may or may not have worked better. It's hardly one of the easiest and most glaring flaws of the film.

Me and my friend did, along with a couple of other people in the theater. Honestly there wasn't much reaction throughout the whole movie.

Yes, but that was the point. They didn't cast a twinky fuccboi on accident.

no. also kylo and han were the only actors in the movie so if anything he came off as a golden god

Yes, actually.

What a fucking stupid criticism. You are literally retarded, people who don't know you are so so lucky

>Twinky
Tbh the dudes like 6'4 and relatively jacked

Amazing
My cousin thinks this
>epic twists and reveals are good

He was literally the best part of the movie. Fuck Rey and Finn and the living corpse that is Carrie Fisher. This kid is the only thing I'm looking forward to next movie.

This. All other characters were ficking cringe-tier. I remember that scene where negro and latino kiled some pursuit and he was laughing like a moron. I watched it with my dad (huge SW fan) and felt myself embarassed for shit that was going on the screen.

No, I actually really like Adam Driver, so it was nice to see his face.

He just seems like such a bro, he's been forced to fuck Lena Dunham countless times and now he's getting a career out of it.

That reminds me, is Girls Season 3 worth watching? I kind of got bored of the second season, wondering if I should go on

Does he have an accent in everything he's in, or just Star Wars? I assumed he was foreign when I first saw him, but was surprised to find out not only he was born in the US, but so were his parents.

Kind of wish they didn't go with the mask motif at all, would rather have a scarred dude or something. But it will all be redeemed if he either switches side or if he hardens and becomes an actual hardcore villain,

why would they? he isnt that ugly. when he dueled maz everyone, including myself, literally jumped up and screamed "YEAAAHHHH KICK HIS ASS!!!!"

Your what?

I wouldn't have heard it over all the clapping and gunfire.

It must suck to live in Atlanta.

They should have saved the mask removal till the Han Solo bridge scene...and cast someone who looks like harrison ford. Maybe fuck up his face to give him a reason to wear the mask (like mechanical jaw or some shit)

>theater
>paying to see this

Still a fuck boy though... Which I liked desu

not actually. it seemed to me & I imagine to everyone else present no matter how he tried Kylo Ren really wasn't a powerful figure of intimidation & his personal appearance was going to be of a piece with that

Yeah, it's all good. Adam rapes someone and is never really held to account for it

Girls chuckled. They were cheering when Fin took his helmet off.

>The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.

Great retort. You've changed my mind.

yes

kys

Pretty much

>I watched it on a Friday at like 9 in the morning

My dubs

He's basically a caricature of Star Wars diehards. Like them, he is a lonely, unpleasant young white man who grew up at odds with his parents, obsessed over the paraphernalia of movies that came out before he was born. While every other major new character in the movies is just bumbling around with their own problems, Kylo is obsessed with the story of Star Wars and longs to take his place in its legend. Abrams' Star Trek movies had a similar message which essentially identified old fans with the villains, trusting that the new fans wouldn't care and the old fans would see the movie anyway just because they have to.

The movie is all about costly failures of machismo; the only male character who is broadly portrayed in a positive light (Finn) is also a weak buffoon. Much as Kylo represents the obsessive superfan who hates the movie but goes to see it anyway because it is Star Wars, the focus of his existence, Finn represents the average Tom, Dick, or Jamarcus on the street who just goes to see Star Wars because it is the cool thing to do right now. Meanwhile Rey represents Abrams' vision of the future of the fanbase, a little girl (she is almost completely desexualized and infantile, innocent figure for a female lead (hence Sup Forums's obsession with her as a sex object)) whose dreams of Star Wars must take a back seat to her real life problems.

This is also why Rey is ridiculously competent at everything she does despite never training at any of it. It's because her actions are meant to represent the kind of arbitrary imaginative play-pretend way you thought of Star Wars as a kid - you're flying the ships, you're moving things with your mind, you're fighting the evil mask guy with the red sword, you're not thinking about how incongruous that kind of fantasizing is with the world the movie portrays. Kylo's problem is he's past 30 and still loves Star Wars.