Why is soccer so popular? It is like watching golf except people don't fall down and cry when nothing happens to them

Why is soccer so popular? It is like watching golf except people don't fall down and cry when nothing happens to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-654527299/playing-in-my-rain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My thoughts exactly.

And no, I don't know why this mockery of sports is popular.

It would be one thing if they like tried to be a shitty rugby spinoff, but they just kick balls like hacky sack kids and spend 4 hours getting (and this is big IF) 2 goals/scores in a game.

same fag

>There are 3 posters in this thread.

Honestly just depends on what league you're watching. Some leagues are known for slow, boring passing games...while other leagues are known for many fast paced and high scoring games which are much more exciting.

As for diving/falling over for no reason, I agree...I'm sick of it myself and it gives the sport a bad name

>everyone who doesn't like the thing I like must be one person because there can't be as many as three people who disagree with me

Because two games are never the same, sure say the score is 1-0 in 20% of games, but how they get to that score will never be the same. Plus anything can happen, big teams lose to small ones etc.

Also a lot of people support a team just to have something to look forward to at the end of the week.

7-1 Germany of Brazil..IN BRAZIL. I mean that will be the best soccer ever kicked around.

Well thanks for taking a gentlemanly approach of it, I've just seen too many 'famous players' be barley touched by a fairy and fly around and cry like they got ran over by a bull.

Four letters.
FIFA
and dump truck loads of money, to make soccer *appear* popular.

I recall seeing in a world cup or two ago, Italian players falling and flailing around until they notice that noone is taking any notice of them. Then they just get up and start running again.

yeah exactly. Watch any pro soccer match pre 2000s and they are so much more exciting. There's a lot more physicality and less pussies diving.

Because all you need to play is a ball and a place to kick it around. You can work that out pretty much wherever you live. It’s fun to watch if you’re not a retard who can’t go five minutes without see the score change.

I got pissed at the way they'd milk popular players at any time. Watching England play, goal is scored by some nobody, all cameras hone in on David fucking Beckham who was off on the other side of the field picking his nose.

Because soccer is for faggots

Listen to Playing in my rain by Young Cappi #np on #SoundCloud
soundcloud.com/user-654527299/playing-in-my-rain

FIFA '99 vidya game had a dive button in it.

what world soccer needs is more strict rules in place to punish players who dive or milk for free kicks/penalties. Unless their legs are straight up cleaned our or they are barged at by some bull then play should keep going

Caring about sports is for faggots in general, friendo. Sports are a convenient and fun way to exercise, socialize, and be healthy, not something you're supposed to watch other people do. It's fucking retarded and we all just sit around and accept it like it's normal.

Thats rather sad, I've never cared for the sport for roll around and pretend to cry is not something I'd want to play.

It's funny that when brazilians think they are good at something, they lose to the 4th Reich and and pretend they don't care.

Oh, I as OP just started this thread as something I thought would die within minutes, but apparently I am not alone. You seem a bit aggitated that I called out soccer? Seems like you are the so-called faggot there buckaroo.

kek

why is american football so popular? It is like watching golf but instead u pick up the ball and run like a bitch

I only watched Germany Vs Brazil cause everyone hates brazilians but it was cute how many people just fell and rolled around for no reason to try and get free shots....pathetic game.

oh so instead of picking up something you kick it around...wayyy better. oh wait. people actually SCORE and use SKILL..not just relying in pentalities.

First: obvious troll

Second: it's called football

Third: BASEDball or egghand aren't sports, 'cause 'mericunts also see eating as a competative sport

1. Nope i have better things to do, I was just asking a question.

2. Not in America.

3. I see japenese queers trying to cook a fish alive to give to someone as a 'sport' so. yet again you're wrong.

Why is badminton so popular? It is like watching tennis except people don't grunt and groan when they swing the racket.

Pic unrleated

It's not that popular, alhtough it is much more enjoyable than soccer. It's basically rich people who don't want to run too much.

You playin badmitton? Im playin goodmitton.

You're an American, aren't you?
Go back to your overpadded pussy version of rugby

italianfag here, IDK, I hate soccer

Some of the reasons for soccers success:

1. Soccer is easy to play for yourself. You don't need expensive equipment, a special pitch or some special talent to get started.
2. Soccer is easy to understand. The rules aren't complicated, a casual viewer can completely understand what's going on. Therefore it is easy to get into soccer.
3. Soccer has just the right amount of chance in it that it is not predictable and therefore exciting. While the big teams usually win, no team sport has a higher possibility of the underdog winning.
4. Soccer is less schematic than other sports. As someone already mentioned, no two goals look the same. There is always something new to look at.
5. Because there are so few goals, a single goal for your team is a great, exciting moment. Many people describe scoring or even just watching an important goal as almost orgasmic.
6. For the above reasons, soccer is the most beloved sport in the world. It has something unifying about it, you can talk to nearly everyone in the world about soccer. A soccer fan feels like part of a giant community.

nail on the head, also nice dubs

he is, only a goon calls football soccer

Pretty much this

yeah. soccer was the first sport i was able to get into and remember playing with kids.
playing it is fun as shit too, because there is a physical element to it, it doesn't look like it in the pros though.

you're not holding the ball, so you can smash people out of the way and steal it.
people will say, well that's bullying. no, the small mexican kids always had a chance, because if you bullied the ball off of them, 3-5 of them would swarm you and steal it.

the game has good parity.