I don't know why Sup Forums likes this show

I don't know why Sup Forums likes this show

Its too.......Reddity

sounds like you got reddity-reddity-wrecked son!

All my friends were raving about this show and quoting it then I watched the "get shwifty" segment since its a popular one and a cringed hard. What do people like about this fucking garbage?

reddit knows a solid kino when they see one

I don't like it because it doesn't make me laugh.

I'll watch adventure time s1-3 all day but rick n morty, bojack, steven universe or regular show all make me sick

The same thing happened to me when watching Archer and now this..it just gets repetitive.

>LANNNNNAA!
That shit just gets annoying

An it's the same thing with this show

>What burp morty you you you you think I'm an asshole

It's so reptitive and literally the only "character development," is that Rick is an asshole and morty hates him

That is the shittiest episode of the show by a wide margin.

The rest is palatable if you are really stoned

Am I being baited?

Was it ever explained why Rick and Morty's band was the one that represented earth? I think it was because some award show was crushed or destroyed, but no better musical artist but Rick and Morty were left? Was that what the writers were implying?

>this is palatable if you are really stoned

nobody ever said this about anything worth watching

and coming from a degenerate who smokes literally 25% and up daily weed culture is shit and the notion that weed makes bad content suddenly good is fucking stupid

weed cant fix stupid and it doesn't change shit taste. move along

Do you guys just call this show "reddit" to make yourselves laugh or something? Because I see this all the time, and there are plenty of real criticisms to be made against the show and you choose that phony partisan bullshit.

Man up and use a real adjective for once in your life

>it's popular, I don't like it as much anymore

And you guys were praising it when it first aired on AS.

Not our fault that they chose to pander to the Reddit audience

I don't care if something is popular as long as it isn't popular with reddit.

Daily smoker, can confirm.

One thing that really annoyed me about Archer was how characters would say things along the line of "oh, for the love of..." in response to something absurd happening. I mean like ten times an episode. By season 3 it was all I could hear.

Call it autism but I couldn't get past it. Had to stop watching, though the show was starting to get played out anyway.

Futuramas plagio di plagio
It's garbage, only underage like this

this

"reddit" has joined the ranks of "cuck," "meme," and "autistic" as a means-nothing criticism posted by retards who want to fit in and signal that they have the correct opinions, but can't actually articulate why a show they're maligning is bad, probably because they never actually watched it. And that's particularly pathetic on a fucking anonymous imageboard.

Stop responding to yourself

So what's its plagio?

That episode is shit, watch lawnmower dog

There's nothing reddit about this show. You guys who keep saying reddit are probably from there. Gys

> I have to keep making threads about how not-Sup Forums this is so I don't accidentally like something other people do

What are you, 14

>lawnmower dog
"Sup Forums, where are your testicles?"

>tfw to intelligent to like reddit and morty

I like it and I've literally never been to reddit.

>Reddity

Go to bed donald

That's the quote that made me laugh first in the show. Episode 3 I think. That was the turning point.

I think it's a rather iffy show overall. Some great stuff, some meh. But it can be funny.

The problem with Archer is that it relies far too heavily on running jokes and gags. It's fine for the first few seasons but in the newer ones you can practically predict how the characters are going to react to a situation based on the handful of in-jokes that they always say.

And it's not that the in-jokes themselves aren't funny. They usually are for a few occurrences, but when Archer says "Phrasing!" after anything that could possibly be interpreted as a sexual innuendo for three entire seasons, then stops, then starts doing it again two seasons later, it gets old.

Archer just got boring. It WAS good for a while. But it got tiresome.

this

Archer is funny, but in small doses. I can't sit and marathon the show because I get tired of hearing the same punchlines and catchphrases over and over again. R&M is in many ways quite similar to Archer in that regard.

that's an awful way to think

you're like a ten year old who found out your little sister likes the color orange and now you hate it

The problem, I think, is that that was one of the key things that made previous Adam Green projects so great. The in-jokes, the repetition. But I feel like they doubled down on it and it doesn't always work. Adam just got lazy I guess.

> wtf i hate the color orange now

Kill yourself

Its an ok show, but i always felt that way too. It just screams "reddit". Maybe its just because of the fanbase

the fuck does that even mean?

The show was written without Reddit, Sup Forums, or your faggoty ass in mind. Not everyone's life revolves around a website.

The fanbase of a show is not a valid criticism of a show.

I enjoyed the first season, I like improve.

But I probably don't need to see another season.

First seasons of Archer were great. But I gave up after Archer Vice, dialog was so goddamn stale, and I hate repeating jokes like that.
Once every now and then is OK, but if it reaches catch-phrase status I'm usually out.

In most cases I agree "reddit" is a bullshit boogeyman here on Sup Forums.

But in this one specific case, Dan Harmon did an AMA on Reddit and posts there occasionally, and Justin Roiland said in a commentary track he regularly goes to reddit and tumblr and reads and posts with fans to draw inspiration on how to direct the show from there.

In Rick & Morty's case, there actually is arguments to be made that the show is worsened due to its redditor audience.

Sup Forums hates this show what the fuck are you on about.

I like it though

there's that and then theres also Flandersition.

Pam, Sheryl, and Kreger got annoying the more they were developed.

I really really dont know. The closest way to describe it would be like an air of prentiousness.

From what I can tell Reddit means something really popular that the OP doesn't like, and also typically uses quippy dialog and or lol so random humor.
So really shit that is really 2010s.

too reddity.. hmm... really makes you think hmm

Are there any cartoons that are Avatar TLA tier?

Gravity Falls?

You gotta watch animu.

Not really, no.

I'll try it I guessune
I've seen a lot of animus but I've never seen any characters like Zuko and Iroh

>Avatar TLA tier?
What do you mean by this?

What exactly do you need, friendo? Wise master? Family bonding? Good action, story, humor?

I'll list some as you give me an answer.

avatar the last airbender made me crieded
I don't really know desu. If avatar was drawn/animated in a different way, less animu like, I probably wouldn't have been able to take the characters as seriously as I did. Is there like an entry level list to western cartoon kino?

Lots of mad redditors in here

I don't hat it but I feel like it's basically juzt Futurama with the added twist that everyone is either stupid or an asshole.

You want Western cartoons?

Story line based:

Batman the Animated Series
Jackie Chan Adventures

Episodic stuff:
Simpsons/South Park/Futurama for humor
Hey Arnold for comfy I guess
Teen Titans is most like Avatar
Also: Samurai Jack/Gravity falls are similar

thx

Maybe try Clannad?
Comedy/romace series. It's based off a romance game so the anime goes:
>introduce all characters
>First girl's route
>second girl's route
etc
>Finish with the main girl's beginning route
Second season:
>End the Main girls' route

Good music, good characters. It's from KyoAni so you will suffer some moe but it's very funny and very emotional. If you don't like a girl's story, you can always skip to the next girl.

I'd honestly say go for Manga, as its usually better: Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, Rabuta, etc.

>Teen Titans is most like Avatar
not really, still good though

and i hope you don't mean samurai jack and gravity falls are similar

>seen a lot of animus but I've never seen any characters like Zuko or Iroh

they're both great don't get me wrong but I doubt you've seen a lot of anime

anyways for western cartoons megas XLR is very fun and references some anime

xiaolin showdown is maximum comfy with some plot and it's pretty funny, but i haven't seen it in a while and i'm heavily biased from nostalgia anyways so i don't know how it holds up, one of my favorite cartoons though

there's also justice league and justice league unlimited which are great

The building were the Grammy's were being held got destroyed so all the famous artists died. They explain it right there dude, don't act like it's a plot hole just because you dislike the show. The writers didn't imply anything, they said it loud and clear.

Futurama was much more subtle in every way compared to rick n morty. In the later seasons they tried to increase the random non sequiturs and it didn't work at all.

I watched it a long time ago but I will actually rewatch it because you mentioned it. I cried like a bitch for days.
If you're such an anime pro, could you update me on the last few years? The last anime I've seen was Ping Pong and it was really good. I've kept up with Jojo and watched Psycho Mob and OPM but nothing else. I'm only interested in well animated anime nowadays.

First season is great. Second season sucks. Creepy how redditors view season 2 in better light.

Yes, I got that, as I already said, making your summary totally redundant. It's still absurd and contrived to say every single band that was better than Rick and Morty was killed.

>This cartoon isn't realistic enough

It more laziness than anything.

It seemed more like a joke to me. But that can't be right.

Not seeing the joke, just an opportunity to make the protagonists the saviors of the day in way that's extremely contrived and also a plot hole.

i'm not really an anime pro, that's why i was saying that

anyways the past few years of anime haven't been that good imo, i could suggest some recent anime that i thought were okay but they don't really fall under the category of "well animated"

garo s1 is a pretty solid anime, s2 is a lot worse though

rokka no yuusha is worthwhile imo but the ending is pretty disappointing

shingeki no bahamut genesis looks pretty nice visually and is fun and likable but the story feels pretty rushed so key moments don't really have any impact, still has really nice art/colors and it's getting an s2 sometime soon

a lot of people shit on it but you might like fate/stay night unlimited blade works, it definitely is well animated though. fate/zero is better but worse in the animation department and also should be watched before UBW if you plan on watching both

then there's tales of zestiria the X, which is pretty bad imo, but it does have a good budget

grimgar is nice to look at and pretty comfy, it's nice how realistically some aspects of the fantasy world/characters/situations that they're in are portrayed. it's much more nuanced in some ways than most fantasy anime. however it's very slow paced and there's a lot of shitty melodrama, but might be worth checking out

tiger & bunny is older than all the shows i mentioned (2011 i think) so you may have seen it but it's much better than you might think from a glance at the wikipedia page, really surprised me when it aired. not really well animated though

all of those except t&b are fantasy btw

Get fucked marcus

>fate/zero is better but worse in the animation department
Fate/Zero is marginally worse at best in the animation department, but it's still one of the best-looking anime ever made. And in terms of literally everything else - writing quality, characters, music, the battle scenes, character development, etc - it's head and shoulders above Unlimited Budget Works, whose only claim to fame is its animation quality.

It was very weird hearing Fry make a Lady Gaga joke.

It's legal where I live so why not do it every day? How is it different than alcohol?

i liked fate/zero a lot more than ubw but i still think you're giving it too much credit in terms of visuals

i haven't seen it in a while so i can't say for sure if this is true but i remember a fair amount of QUALITY shots, however when it counts the anime delivers and overall it's still above average

I agree with him cause this is the attitude you'll find on most boards. Every hobby board has fucking elitists spouting memes non stop to let everyone know they're an old fag that is top of the hivemind so they get to make the decision as to what is the best possible taste for the board.

> stop off at local supermarket in college town
> see a guy walk by dressed as Rick
> oh yeah, Halloween weekend

>autistic cuck from reddit detected

You don't "do" alcohol daily either.

It's a decent enough show.

The problem is it's normie masquerading as abnormie. That's fine as long as it works, but it's inevitably going to irritate the Sup Forums crowd because it challenges the only semblance of identity they have.