Okay, I know I'm FAR from the first person to complain about this but, just...

Okay, I know I'm FAR from the first person to complain about this but, just, why the fuck was this released the way it was? It's some the worst soundmixing I've heard in my life. The fact that songs are good makes it just MORE frustrating. Hetfield's vocals are really great but the sound of the fucking guitarr means I just can't enjoy a single track here.

What was the reason?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-m92LuaM6II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The bass is inaudible

No, the album is perfect as is. It is irrefutable proof that you don't always need bass to make an album sound great whatsoever.

hi kirk

Childhood is idolizing Metallica, adulthood is realizing Dave always made more sense

bc they didn't like jason and lars is a shit producer

Well yeah, I assumed everyone knew the bass was inaudible. The question is why? And why is the guitarr and drum tracks mixed the way they are? I read somewhere that Ulrich wanted to play drums in a way that basically ate up the wavelengths of the bass, but is that really true? Or did they just hate Newsted?

Try harder.

Even then they must have thought that the end result didn't sound great, are their egos really that fucking huge?

>Bassfags getting BTFO
How utterly pedantic and drole.

Name five great rock or metal albums that don't use a bass guitarr.

I can tell you all that do would be infinitely better if they dropped their bassist anyway.

>Muh low end
>Muh fill
Bass was a mistake.

you

>guitarr
why do you keep doing that

The album's producer, Flemming Rasmussen, did an exclusive interview with Loudwire where he said Lars told him to "turn the bass down to where it's barely audible" so he did and ran the track and then Lars said "Okay now turn it down 2 or 3 more clicks" and Rasmussen wasn't sure if Lars was srs, Hetfield just passively let it happen because they all treated Newsted like a dog. So just another way Lars prevented them from reaching their true potential as a band.

Bölzer and Hella are a couple of drums and guitars duo that make great records without bass guitar.

Presumably the master tapes are still out there and a properly mixed version will be released someday

In the words of the metal god, dio, himself "you need guitar, bass, and drums, without them you just aren't playing heavy metal." That said I think the album is great despite the nearly inaudible bass

Dio also got kicked out of Sabbath for turning down the instruments and turning up his vocals behind the band's back.

Yeah according to Tony Iomi. Bit of hearsay no?

Really?

This is the most retarded post I've ever read after 7 years on Sup Forums.

It's very obvious b8.

This is why you don't give the drummer creative control

So the weirdos just sort of "let it happen"? I've never recorded an album but I'm pretty sure I'd give it more thought.

Ah well, I'll keep listening to RTL and pretend that this album doesn't exist.

It's still a great album what the hell? I sometimes play some shitty bass to it myself. It's pretty fun thinking I'm the retarded cousin of James and he's letting me play with them. You know since there's no bass on the album and. yeah.

Ahh, the Sid Vicious approach.

White Stripes - White Blood Cells

Like I said, the songs are good, the soundmixing makes it frustrating. If the songs were terrible I'd just forget about it.

That being said, your approach sounds kinda fun. I might try it.

The bass is inaudible, but if you listen to some fan remasters that crank up the bass, it's pretty poor, so it's just as well that you can't hear it.

cause all those remasters are essentially like the "BASS BOOSTED" versions of EDM tracks where some gimpy retard's just cranked up the bottom end of his sound card's equaliser and recorded that
this remaster is both subtle and actually pretty sick, i love the sound of the original but hearing the bass of the guy who actually wrote the riff from blackened is mega youtube.com/watch?v=-m92LuaM6II