Do you like U2?

>Came from the bottom, grew up in war torn Ireland, lost mother at 13 years old
>made some of the most critically acclaimed and best selling albums of the 1980s and 1990s, including Boy, The Joshua Tree, War, Achtung Baby, and The Unforgettable Fire
>worked with Brian Eno on several albums
>Achtung Baby was the first rock album to feature significant influence from electronic dance music and other contemporary experimental music and significantly widened their popularity, exposing listeners to groundbreaking music they would have otherwise never heard before, predating Kid A by 9 years
>was behind the groundbreaking and yet to be topped Zoo TV Tour
>is self aware, his persona during the Zoo TV-era was a satire of himself in response to all the critics who called him pompous during the Rattle and Hum days
>is a patrician who had bands including but not limited to This Heat, Interpol, Kings of Leon, Bjork, Mission of Burma, The Fall, Einsturzende Neubauten, Public Enemy and Pixies open for his band when they were in their prime to give them exposure
>albums still hold up, receive rave reviews upon being re-released, even by Pitchfork
>single handedly made the American and British public view AIDS and HIV as diseases that deserve treatment and sympathy rather than a punishment for being a degenerate, something even Princess Diana failed to do
>single handedly convinced George W. Bush to become the president who gave the most money to AIDS research, not Clinton, not Obama, George W. Bush
>wants to create a high fidelity and consumer friendly music format
>hated by Reddit
>hated by Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LettersOfNote/status/291500033159880704?s=09
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bono beat his wife so no

Fucking blueshirt.

just google "bono corruption" and see for yourself.

Bono is a gigantic, virtue-signalling asshole

>virtue-signalling
Please go back to Sup Forums.

You need to go back to Sup Forums if you see Sup Forums in everything, you paranoid idiot

twitter.com/LettersOfNote/status/291500033159880704?s=09

Only Sup Forumstards unironically use the term virtue signaling.

Because you say so, oh, okay. Excuse me then.

he's right, you know

See:

see I can do this too you retarded faggot

All I know is that there is no better album to ski to in 6 inches of fresh powder at Copper Basin than War.

Exactly. There's no conclusion to be reached from this interaction. You aren't going to see my perspective, I'm not going to see yours. Neither of us want to either, we just want to beat our chests and say "I'M RIGHT, UR WRONG".

So, with that said, lets agree to disagree.

>Lennon
>Bono
>Miles Davis
pretty good company to be in t b h.

Don't forget
>enraging normies with releasing album that couldn't be deleted from their library

You know what, you're completely right.
Carry on.

Only plebs don't like pre-All That You Can't Leave Behind U2.

listening to Boy right now
it's actually really fucking good so far

My dad always hated U2, so I was raised in an anti-U2 household.

It's the third worst 80's U2 album, that's how good they are.

This. Only album from the 80s of theirs I’m not big on is Rattle & Hum, but even that has a few jems (the live tracks, all I want is you, angel of Harlem)

I like U2 for being the biggest band in the world. There's something cool about having huge sellout shows all around the world, being popular in all continents, and having giant cool stages. It would probably be fun to go to a U2 show regardless of how into their music you are or not. It would just be a big, epic experience with a lot of people, loud, lights, it couldn't not be fun. unless you are scared of crowds.

no he didnt