Do social workers get paid well?

Do social workers get paid well?

I think they're payed by the gov so not rlly

Did they pay you a visit?

They do not.
Sadly my brother puts it best:
>Nurses, carers and charity workers don't deserve to be paid well because they'll do the job regardless of how well you pay them.
>Fucking cucks.

No I was curious if they paid well. Curious if it is a good job to get into.

>Cuck
>Working to help others
I sincerely hope that your brother is bleeding out in a sewer one day and begging for help and someone looks around nervously and says "Uh...I don't want to look like a cuck" and walks away

Social worker here
20$ per hour
Plus benefits
50-70 hours per week depending
Those are starting wages with a college degree.
It ain't bad

I suppose he thinks the only legitimate careers are those in which you hurt people?

>Pic related
Unfortunately I'm paraphrasing, I love the word cuck.

>Ayn Rand fan detected

My wife has her masters in Social work. she makes $54 an hour, Monday to friday 8:30 to 4:30 shifts and gets the same benefits and pensions as a government job.

>Nurses, carers and charity workers don't deserve to be paid well because they'll do the job regardless of how well you pay them.
>Someone who takes pride in their work is a cuck
Your brother has a very shitty outlook on life. I'll bet he's gone on a rant about how women owe him sex after he pays for their dinner.

Damn, I got a bachelors and make 20$ per hour, that being said I just recently started.

Whats her job title?

Nah, he says he's looking at it realistically. In my country he's right (Ireland), nurses and carers really do get paid shit and have shitty benefits and union power.
I can't say for sure but a lot of people in those kinds of professions will work for what you give them, helping people is rewarding, from that perspective it's reasonable, if very dickish too.

Oh shit no, he thinks women are just like men, assholes most of the time.
But he does have a poor world view.

Damn, he sounds very bitter and cynical.
He probably got treated like shit by an employer and now he sees any contract as an adversarial thing rather than joining a team

Honest truth I know shes a social worker at a hospital and she works with people who can not take care of themselves or needs help from being abused by family members. Also advocates for those who should not be released into society because a nurse thinks the person looks ok. All I know is she runs a whole floor and her stories are fucked.

>runs a whole floor
>works with people who can not take care of themselves or needs help from being abused by family members.
>hospital
Sounds like a case management supervisor
Case manager is just below her

Fake and gay. Honest truth. 54 an hour my honky ass. She would be salary at that point. Quit pretending you have a wife who isn’t a low wage come bag

When you say social worker, that typically means someone with a master's degree - MSW. That will allow you to become a clinician and diagnose and treat poeple with addiction and mental disorders. More importantly, it also means you can go into private practice and bill insurance companies- THAT is where the good money is. A graduate degree can also open doors as a director of an agency, public or private.

If you're going to pursue a career in human services, you'd best get a master's degree.

Maybe, he's never expressed any particular bitterness towards employers. He worked as an electrician for over four years and enjoyed it, done a lot of over time and made a fair amount of money for an apprentice. He's unemployed rn.

Let's bankrupt everyone except me and my buddies.

She is salary but thats her break down on hourly wage. Education and hospital work in canada pays alot

Just asked her. She said she is a registered social worker. Technically a unit manager but no one call them that, She they are just called social workers.

economy is gangbusters thanks to Trump. labor participation is at historic highs. hard to believe that we suffered through 8 years of bumbling, incompetent Obummer who fucked everyone in the ass, EXCEPT FOR HIM AND HIS CRONIES.

I guess all those civil liberties violations Obunghole and his cadre enacted are not of concern to you. You miss big brother, don't you?

no