Now that the dust has settled

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xNR-0AnT6tE
youtu.be/_8ts_ntz46s
strawpoll.me/14193073
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Definitely Maybe. Hello and Roll With It are nowhere near the rest of Morning Glory

First one. Second one has champagne supernova though. But it has couple weak ones in there too whereas definitely maybe is a hit after hit.

You forgot Hey Now

Hardly surprising

Pretty much this. I've seen some argue that Definitely Maybe lacks the ballads though, but I would argue Live Forever is close enough. Plus it has Slide Away which single-handedly outdoes Wonderwall, Don't Look Back in Anger and Cast No Shadow.

I will concede that She's Electric is better than Digsy's Dinner though.

>tfw Oasis could have made at least 2 more great albums if they didn't put so many great songs as B-sides

The one on the right because I go to that street pretty regularly to fuck sex workers.

Be Here Now

Said no one ever

How is that even a question?
Obviously their first album...

>tfw Noel's acoustic demos from the DM and MG era are better than 90% of post-90s Oasis album tracks

I love how he talks in interviews about knowing it wouldn't last forever and how he didn't take for granted all the great songs he was writing at the time. Yet he was just tossing them away as b-sides, non-album singles or simply not officially releasing them.

one has Columbia the other one doesn't so the choice is obvious

I think if they had taken more time to work on it and Noel had spent more time on the lyrics it could have been as good as their first two albums. I mean there's good songwriting there but the production is just so fucked.

>tfw Noel's acoustic demos from the DM and MG era are better than 90% of post-90s Oasis album tracks
Definitely
youtube.com/watch?v=xNR-0AnT6tE

Lol!

I only know 1 song by them. Who gives a fuck about one hit wonders?

>one hit wonders
they really weren't though you retard. even in america champagne supernova was pretty big too.

And if the songs were significantly shorter

This would have been a good album
>acquiesce
>talk tonight
>listen up
>whatever
>stay young
>it's good to be free
>round are way
>underneath the sky
>headshrinker
>the masterplan

Whoops, forgot Fade Away, it's a really good song. Add that and it's a complete album and a very good one, record and mix it like it's in line with the first 2 and boom. Hit after hit.

>no Fade Away

lel damn

eh, Roll With It sucks, but Hello works well as an opener. Morning Glory actually feels more cohesive and has MUCH better production.

There are some pretty weak ass songs on DM, such as Shakermaker, Cigarettes and Alcohol and Digsy's Dinner. But it has some peaks that they've never really topped.

Rocking Chair is the single best thing Liam has ever performed on.

>Cigarettes and Alcohol
>weak
What

What, really? It's just silly imo.

strange, because cocaine worked so well for Sabbath, Bowie and the Stones...

cocaine is a hell of a drug

nah man, it has a really nice acoustic groove, but with pace, and Liam actually manages to hit some emotion with his voice. Also the lyrics are feel:

>I'm older than I wish to be
>This town holds no more for me
>All my life, I've tried to find a better way

It's like they tried to sound like Dylan rather than the Beatles and it works.

>le riff from T Rex
>IMAGINAYSHEEUN

>SUNSHEEEYAAAAIINE

>MAKE IT HAPPEN

yeah, no, it's fucking amtuerish

Yeah maybe the acoustic groove is what kinda sets me off. I want Oasis sound to sound big. Maybe with a different production it could be better for me too.

I don't like it either. That fucking T-Rex riff and it's a veeery simple and boooring song even by Oasis' standards.

Who remembers No Way Sis?

youtu.be/_8ts_ntz46s

I had no idea. No way sis :D

>not making a strawpoll
strawpoll.me/14193073

Be Here Now

Definitely Maybe is great, and its highlights are some of Britpop's best songs. But Morning Glory is just flawless. Just absolute perfection front to back. Well, aside from the fact that Acquiesce isn't on it.

This

>oasis
>ohw
lmao

definitely definitely maybe

>strawpoll.me/14193073
Wow, morning glory actually leading in votes. Only few votes but still.

Definitely Maybe wins every time.
Also, Oasis > Blur

Blur is poor man's Oasis, if even that. It's just so boring, bland, unimaginative, boring, talentless, boring, boring, boring.

Blur and Oasis have nothing to do with each other musically. This comparison makes no sense.

*tips fedora

Definitely Maybe > Be Here Now > What's the Story

go to bed damon

Be Here Now is surprisingly good taking into account it's rarely even mentioned since the first 2 were so good. But it's almost up to par with them, definitely a very good album if you like the first 2.

Exactly. I understand the dislike of the over the top production but the songwriting was still up to par with the first 2. I also think BHN has the better Rockers. I'll take My Big Mouth and Be Here Now over Hello and Roll With It any day.

>BHN has the better Rockers. I'll take My Big Mouth and Be Here Now over Hello and Roll With It any day.

Absolutely this. Also I Hope, I Think, I Know and It's Gettin' Better Man! are great too. Though Morning Glory does have it's title track which is a solid Rocker.

Also, BHN has D'You Know What I Mean? which is easily one of their greatest songs.

Morning glory, it could have been the best album of the 90's, if they'd just put Acquiesce or The Masterplan instead of Hey Now.

CALLING ALL MONTIE BOYS
woop woop

But Definitely Maybe has Columbia and Slide Away and is the best album of the 90s.

I think both albums have low points (Shakermaker, Roll With It) and they both had songs that were recorded before each album came out that wound up as B-sides that easily could've replaced them and made a better album (Fade Away, Acquiesce)