OFFICIAL CLEVELAND INDIANS (18-14) V. TORONTO BLUE JAYS (12-21) GAME THREAD: GOMER HOMER EDITION

Cleveland Indians (18-14) v. Toronto Blue Jays (12-21)
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 7:07 EDT
SkyDome, Toronto, ON
68 degrees. indoors
Series tied 1-1

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/862435855939588096
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Carlos Santana, 1B (.235, 3 HR, 18 RBI, 2 SB)
2. Francisco Lindor, SS (.283, 8 HR, 20 RBI, SB)
3. Jason Kipnis, 2B (.155, 3 RBI, SB)
4. Edwin Encarnacion, DH (.223, 5 HR, 11 RBI, SB)
5. Jose Ramirez, 3B (.299, 6 HR, 23 RBI, 2 SB)
6. Brandon Guyer, RF (.163, HR, 2 RBI)
7. Yan Gomes, C (.239, 2 HR, 5 RBI)
8. Abraham Almonte, CF (.225, HR, 6 RBI, SB)
9. Yandy Diaz, LF (.213, 3 RBI)

SP: Danny Salazar, RHP (2-3, 4.28 ERA, 13.1 K/9, 4.3 BB/9)

1. Kevin Pillar, CF (.304, 4 HR, 9 RBI, 4 SB)
2. Ezequiel Carrera, RF (.295, 2 HR, 8 RBI, SB)
3. Jose Bautista, DH (.174, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 2 SB)
4. Justin Smoak, 1B (.255, 5 HR, 17 RBI)
5. Steve Pearce, LF (.197, 3 HR, 6 RBI)
6. Ryan Goins, SS (.191, 3 HR, 11 RBI)
7. Devon Travis, 2B (.157, HR, 4 RBI, 2 SB)
8. Darwin Barney, 3B (.297, HR, 6 RBI, SB)
9. Luke Maile, C (1-13, 2 BB)

SP: Francisco Liriano, LHP (2-2, 4.44 ERA, 10.3 K/9, 6.8 BB/9)

Rubbermatch subedition
Would like to see a Ción dinger subsubedition

Go Tribe!

Who /missisauga/ here?

>already

>tfw Kip gets hot

I grew up in sauga

WE ARE ALL KIPNISES

Is it happening?

KEEEUP

Welp

I have to say, I've missed having Zeke on the starters. The guy's great with those little 'advance the runner' hits.

Wish it didn't take ANOTHER injury to get him out there, but I'm just glad we have him as an option.

And now Jose's matched Goins' home run count. Nice.

Game over

J O S E
O
S
E

IS HE BACK

God fucking dammit Salazar

No fucking command. Send Danny and Bauer to the minors.

Why can't he just not walk and give up home runs in succession for an entire ballgame?

And start who? Merritt and Plutko?

Ezequiel Carrera's greatest contribution to the Indians team

Salazar in the 1st inning: 11 ER
Salazar in all other innings: 8 ER

Yes.

I'm only half joking, these predicatively poor performances are driving me crazy though. Hopefully this doesn't affect the batters but way to kill a rally.

Mickey will figure this out with him. I gotta hope so.

there's an entire cripple club in the dugout ffs

>Almonte getting hurt hitting a pop fly

wew

inb4 that user posts again about DFA'ing Almonte

Injuns desu

Knowing Liriano, odds are good you'll get a few more good shots off him. Same with any of our relievers not named Joe.

Kek. Yeah, his fielding still isn't great. He's good for a solid single most of the time though, and behind a quick, well-hitting Pillar, that's worth something.

SOMEONE has to come off that damn DL list soon, or we're fucked. Hell, we may be fucked already.

>Diaz outfield defense

Knowing Liriano, odds are good you'll get a few more good shots off him. Same with any of our relievers not named Joe.

Kek. Yeah, his fielding still isn't great. He's good for a solid single most of the time though, and behind a quick, well-hitting Pillar, that's worth something.

Someone has to come off that damn DL list soon, or we're fucked. Hell, we may be fucked already.

Him and Martinez out there is bad news

Shout out to user for calling the stadium it's true name

Please win the game, offense

twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/862435855939588096

This should be... interesting.

>corporate names

If Manfred wanted to be useful he should fucking ban this. I don't care if you have to do "[Stadium Name] brought to you by [Corporation]," it's a goddamn disgrace. Fuck the Dolans btw.

Based autistic peasant

If the stadium has a non-corporate name in its past, I try to use it.

THANK YOU FRANKIE, OUR BOY

Why does Frankie ever try to bunt?

>Fuck the Dolans btw.
You do realize Jacobs Field was named after his corporation, right? It's not like the naming rights weren't already "sold" before Progressive.

KEEEUP

WE

KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK KIP IS BACK

Honestly, I don't get why they couldn't just call it "Rogers' SkyDome". It's not ideal, but it makes everyone happy!

Yep. Like I said. Liriano, man. Why couldn't HE be on the DL instead of Sanchez?

ARE

ALL

Sure, but Dick Jacobs owned the team, named the company after himself, and sold the naming rights to his own company. Doesn't bother me as much.

>bases loaded
>no outs

Bye rally

KIPNISES

why does this game have to be close i wanna watch celtics v wizards T____T

>pete walker tossed

vic carapazza is a fucking cunt

>tfw it's the grand slam giveaway inning

Don't pitch to me or my son ever again

I get that. I just don't get being mad at the Dolans for selling the naming rights when they ran out.

Any revenue stream definitely helps. (Probably helped pay for Swisher and Bourn though...)

I APOLOGIZE I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN URIBE'S SON WAS UP TO BAT

JOSÉ! JOSÉ JOSÉ JOSÉ! JOSÉ! JOSÉ!

BTW, sorry for stealing that Jays, couldn't resist

>3rd start out of 5 that he doesnt get out of the 3rd inning

Is he just shit or is he a Russellbabby?

>I get that. I just don't get being mad at the Dolans for selling the naming rights when they ran out.
I'm not mad at the Dolans for the naming rights, but it does suck that they played money ball, fileded a shit team for shekels, and ruined all baseball culture in Cleveland.

Lmao fans like you are ridiculous. There are a lot of factors why baseball culture in Cleveland isn't like the 90's and much of it was out of the Dolans control.

I fucking hate Carapazza, he's shit. Not just for Jays, but as an ump in general.

Eh, go ahead and use it. Not like Bautista's given us many reasons to use it this year.

IIRC, Liriano and Russell partnered up on other teams before. But we really don't need another Dickey scenario where a pitcher needs 'their' catcher to do well.

...Oh great, empty the bases and get the hitter out for the FIRST OUT OF THE INNING. GREAT WORK.

Fine. Empty slate, get it over with.

RIGHTIES TOO?

Thank you based Guyer

>I fucking hate Carapazza, he's shit. Not just for Jays, but as an ump in general.
This is a fact.

All those early tosses for that Canada Day game were bullshit desu.

GUYS

GUYS

GUYS

I THINK GOMES /MIGHT/ BE BACK

Yan "2013 Yan Gomes" Gomes

So why the fuck was Walker ejected?

he respectfully disagreed with the umps strikezone while walking back from the mound and Vic wont allow anyone to talk back to an MLB umpire as infalliable as he is

2014* oops

APOLOGIZE to YANIMAL

Because he gotta get VIC'D

Because he's Vic Carapazza. It's all the reason he needs.

Fuck this guy, how is he allowed to keep his job (never mind I already know, damn umps union.)

Gotta go but hopefully I'll be back before it's over.

If not GG Jays, always love our series.

Holy shit I had no idea he was that big

>Gomes out

What the fuck is going on

rip gomes

If you're not back for the game end, we'll catch you later in July. Good luck with Edwin!

>inb4 Gomes is ded

smoak is goat

Almost outfield spaghetti

>Danny gives up 15 runs
>still gets a win

this game

Okaaaaaaaay.

Okay, this is good. Keep it up, Jays.

Bullpen from here on out

>inb4 19 innings

>Gomes left due to illness
Oh thank god

>Almonte left due to shoulder injury
DFA ALMONTE

>Travis pulled a Lindor on Lindor

>Oh thank god
If it was last season though we'd all be thinking it was some rare, incurable disease.

we herd u liek lindor so we pulled a lindor on ur lindor

I still haven't ruled out ALS desu senpai

Tying run at the plate, time for a Carrera-style home run...

...HOLY FUCK

Check these

>just wanna watch squeakhoop
>this comeback

ffffffffuuck

I'll take Edwin getting a bloop single over Pillar and Travis smashing into each other for an out.

Damn it, CALL. THE. BALL.

I feel like this Jays season is gonna be one big Price is Right tuba sound

We're going to be the contestant that overbids on the Showcase Showdown by $1, while the other contestants wins both.

Indians are still gonna win right? Right guys? Right?

R
I
S
P

zeke pls

Brace yourselves: Hammy's riffing into the eighth.

MVPearce

Runs pls

S M I T H