Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m59UM1iFu-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DUDE

I just watched it with my mom and now she is scared

This guy's overacted performance ruined the whole thing
>OH SHIT OH FUCK OH FUCK OH SHIT
Shut up asshole

The ending was stupid, but still the best episode of the season. Not that that's saying much.

typical seppo 2bh

well he was having a huge panic attack, how else did you expect him to act?

this episode and the one about Sup Forums were good, the rest was shit though.

Whoa totally dude, weed am i rite, lmao 420 blaze it haha

Agreed.

You know, the episode makes less sense when you see it in hindsight. How was he not CONSTANTLY in fear if the entire time he was reacting to the phone signals?

yeah the ending kinda ruined things, but other than that I enjoyed it

Will Bronn kill Podrick now that he knows he's a pedophile?

Pedophilia is a-okay in Westeros.

>How was he not CONSTANTLY in fear if the entire time he was reacting to the phone signals?

What kind of stupid logic is that? Phone interference fucked with the upload sequence in some way, it probably made the AI 'unrestricted'. So like they explain in the episode, the AI constantly learns and adapts to user to make shit scarier and scarier. Due to the damage it just didn't stop and the psychological fuckery went so far it just fried his brain.

oh god OP I came here in the hope that there was a thread about this ep on front page, remarkable

thx bro

i'm blazed too

call mum

He was saying "MOM MOMOMOMOMOMOMOM", which means that was uploaded into his mind. I don't think the "AI is constantly learning and adapting" is relevant anymore because it's not-

I have no idea. How does he feel pain if he isn't supposed to? Among other things...
Too many holes. We can't know what makes sense with the end in mind and which doesn't. What fucked his mind up? The ideas being uploaded direclty into his mind by the phone or the trauma.

so did he defs die or?

but the thing is, its sorta like having a bad trip because of negative stimuli, the experience wasn't meant to be a horror game, remember when the black chick described it as a horror game she did so within the simulation, it really was just a test demo, it could've been a sex simulator if the girl at the apartment had told him that and he believed it, but the one and only thing he heard about the company was that it made a horror game so thats what his mind ran with.

every episode is as hamhanded and fucking retarded as the last

this was too scientistic for me

do you think that scientistic is a word, or is this some kind of autism joke

>The ideas being uploaded direclty into his mind by the phone

you're just making shit up now. there are two possibilities. A: the whole AI was uploaded into that neck thing in one go, no wireless com after that. the cellphone just interfered with a part of the upload making it unrestricted. B: there is constant wireless com between the neck thing and a supercomputer. the cellphone fuckery started in the middle of the simulation.
C: everything is possible it's science fiction.

>WOWWWWWW ENGLISH DOC

>You must understand, the roaches are murderers, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. We must kill them all in the name of Emperor Donald Trump! Sieg heil, Make America Great Again!
Really, Brooker?

Why else is he saying MOM if not the info going from the phone?

Your choice C sounds good.

when he went into that seizure at the end kojima should've asked him "did you rike it". really missed an opportunity there.
youtube.com/watch?v=m59UM1iFu-c

What a disappointing season.

Because that's what he fears the most at that moment, losing his mom to the same disease as his father. Really easy for the AI to latch onto. The phone ringing and displaying 'mom' at the same time as his seizure death was symbolic.

Part of me also thought this. That the AI finally realized that's his greatest fear, especially when he FIRST has a nightmare about himself going Alzheimeric.

or maaayyyybbbeeee it was his mum who had alzheimers the whole time

so is the point of this episode like, in video games/ the ever expanding virtual world, we need to realise that accomplishments and actions only really count irl?

in the simulation, the last thing he did was call his mum, but in reality he never did, he never called her back so shit doesn't matter.

no, that wouldn't be fucked enough to fit this episode. his mom is fine, but now she not only lost her husband, she also lost her son. she will probably commit suicide. :^)

Nice meme friend.

The bee episode is in the same timeline as this one.

best episode of the season. I'm kinda mad it had to have a sad ending. I wish the pseudo-ending had been the real ending.

>trial VR, ps. turn turn off phone because interference
>phone rings, VR goes wrong
gee i wonder what it could be

>zoom in on artificial bee
>murder mystery
gee i wonder what it could be

>star ratings on everyone
gee i wonder what will happen

fucking hell

Was anyone else hoping for an 'I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream' kind of ending? I know it was just his imagination but I was hoping that once the girl mentioned that the whole haunted house sequence only lasted one second in reality that there was going to be no end to it. Like 1408 where every time he thinks it's finally over he realizes it's not. I feel like they missed out on a really spooky ending by just having him die. Kind of disappointing.

Yeah I haven't watched the other episodes yet but including Americans was clearly a mistake. The guy in white christmas was ok though.

>soldiers have brain implant
>one of the monsters activates weird flashy device near black soldier's face
>he starts having glitches and suddenly can smell grass again

gee, i wonder if the monsters really are monsters

these things weren't really that obvious at all and definitely didn't ruin the episodes. thanks for posting though

He had no brain activity and they zipped him up into a bodybag

The point was that if he had just called his mum at the start, none of it would ever happen. She could have bought the ticket for him.

His mom just wanted him to pick up a bag of chips on the way home.

why is a 45 year old man so mad about things like social media?

I am 28 and just ignore all that rubbish these days, as do my normalfag friends.

Which 45 year old?

All the social media episodes are meh. Why are there so many of them? Fucking ntgg*rs I swear

i think he's talking about charlie brooker?

Bronn wasn't a pedo in black mirror holy shit

He's 45 so it fits.

He isn't mad, just playing off the sci fi shit.

You can't scare anyone if you're saying that everything is in his mind and it's a horror simulator because you just stop believing everything that is happening

Also
>Turning the phone off is enough to stop it from recording
>Starting the machine with the phone inside the room when you know for a fact it can fuck up the whole thing

I've only watched the first 2 episodes, is there any sense of finishing the season?
The former were my shit and these are just bland and boring

nope, very bland and predictable

No idea. TV SWEARS it gets better from that but dislikes 5 for no good reason. Go for it, join the memes.

Actually, that's a lie. We didn't even get memes out of this.

3 is the only one worth watching from here on

I was expecting him to see something on the way back home that would leave it a little ambiguous as to whether or not he had really woken up. Maybe he'd see the spooky bully or someone that looked him at the airport or something.

DUDE CALL YOUR MOM LMAO

yeah same. I feel like they missed a really obvious opportunity with that. there's nothing scary about death in horror.

>le obscure scenarios occur that a toddler could pick out glaring flaws from and everyone follows them adn lel this is such a deep and meaningful show lol this need to be the best show ever lol what if this happens OMG im so scraed

>You know that whole thing in the office, haunted house, the trip back home and talking to your mother?
>It didn't really happen
>You died before even smacking that goffer
That episode was so pointless

le it was all a dream

>MOM...MOM...MOM...MOM...MOM

Glad I found this thread, I just watched Black Mirror for the first time. My roommates had this episode playing and it woke me up, I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I really like the White Bear Justice Park episode

I'd say watch 3 and 6, they're the better episodes. 4 might be worth a watch if you can stomach the SJW undertones and sappiness of it, it's definitely too optimistic to be a good Black Mirror episode. 5 is pure shit, only episode worst than it is 1.

Cheers

You can still be scared even if you know it's not real. Do you think people think the Exorcist is a documentary or something?

wtf i hate the exorcist now

But the episode itself wasn't scary really and couple with the fact that you keep hearing that it's all fake, really takes the sting out of it
The whole thing with watching a scary movie is immersion which this episode didn't have

>it's a "they're still in the dream twist" episode

I thought you were talking about the game itself which would definitely be scary. The episode wasn't but it was obvious that something was going to go wrong based on the nature of the show so I don't see your point.

Also, even if the illusions can't physically hurt you it could still be capable of damaging your mind or making you hurt yourself.

My point is everytime it felt real, they just went back to "nope, nothing here is real"
Like the bit with Sonja, you think the whole is real but then it's not
Same with the fight itself
And behind the door bit was obvious right from the start with him saying how he feared having what his father had before going to the gaming company

They could've made the episode a lot better if they didn't alway backed down

But who cares? It was all a dream anyway

So we're all in agreement s1e3 is GOAT

The one where the PM fucks the pig has always had the most effect on me personally

imo all the social media eps have been shit

You seem to think they didn't want you to feel this way by the end. None of it was real and they were never trying to hide that.

I like Brooker but this show is simply too predictable and the concepts are not in any way enlightening.
I skipped ahead of most simply because it was pointless watching the rest of the episode.

Benedict Wong sure got fat.

Agreed. Im new to weed as well so this fucked me up. I ouldnt stand his screams.

This episode was a little on the nose. Not bad just predictable.

how do you rank this season's episodes?

#4 San Junipero
#3 Shut Up and Dance
#6 Hated in the Nation
gap
#1 Nosedive
#2 Playtest
POWER GAP
#5 Men Against Fire

>Hated in the Nation
>Shut up and Dance
>Nosedive
>Playtest
>San Junipero
>Men Against Fire

Watching first episode of Westworld high was pretty reality checking as well

Attack on Titan live action part one and two marathon whilst high...

>Nice western cavilry japanese town aestetic
>Interesting cast of charachters
>Suddenly giant fucked up monster people start breaking through wall
>People start getting decapitated and pulverised by Titans
>Litterally giant autistic zombies eating people like berries
>Weird time jump shit
>Everything just gets more fucked up
>Still have nightmares of those Titans smiling at me after they eat my Mom.

>Gyo

This Anime high is also very fucked up.

fpbp

>SJW undertones
Lesbians doesn't always equal SJW dude

hated in the nation > playtest > nosedive > shut up and dance >>>>>>> san junipero >>>>>>>>>> men against fire

Then why did they even let him take his phone into the room? Leave it outside with the backpack, cockmaster.

Why the hate on Men against Fire? Is everybody just being an edgelord that thinks that holocausting those people is the best solution? I liked the implications about how propaganda fucks with our brains, even if the episode didnt have the Shyamalamadingdong plottwist that others had.
Definitely liked it way better than the first episode...

THE TRUE POWER RANKING

6 > 3 > 5 >>>>>>> 1 > 2 > 4

oi mate thats a skreton oh my i need a cup of tea

Maybe it is because different people like different things user?

San Junipero was the absolute worst of the entire series.

Everybody seems to rank it fairly low without giving reasons, so I asked why you turbonigger!

I didn't like the story, the characters or the setting.

It is pretty different to anything else black mirror has done. I like black mirror best when it parodies modern life and society like in the first episode and the last one.

6 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 1 >>>>>>>> 4

you guys are either high or robotic bees

too predictable, unoriginal, preachy and doesn't do anything particularly interesting with its borrowed premise

I disagree, I feel that it did have a Black Mirror feel (future technology taken to an extreme to satirize an aspect of current life)

Idea-wise I enjoyed the episode (maybe just because I watched directly after San Junipero), but as for why it wasn't that great I'd say it's because everyone guessed the "twist" fairly early on, and after you guess it it's kind of boring waiting. You don't really care about any of the characters.

The episode does get good again later on when Doug reenters the episode and has his conversation.

Just a lack of strong characterization of the characters resulting in us not caring about them at all. And after you guess the twist the first half or 2/3 of the episode become a waiting game until Doug.

What're you contesting?

Hated in the Nation was the best acted, most well shot episode throughout. Odes to Hitchcock continuously. Effective use of camera work to detail plot. The episodes evolving color scheme. That ending. Far superior to any other episode

Black Mirror knows it too and that's why they gave more money to that episode making it 30 minutes longer and with better visual effects

Oh well guess I do like a completely different aspect about the show: I dont care about predictability or a good plottwist, but instead about an interesting or surreal premise, which Men against Fire definitely offered.

>unoriginal
The people who did the holocausting were the good guys and victims of the administration. That alone is reason enough for me to regard it as original.

I dont get why everybody is so obsessed about the obvious twist. Black Mirror doesnt need good twists that much and many episodes dont have one at all.

I'm not obsessed with the twist. I enjoyed it. It's just that you can figure it out pretty quickly and because you can figure it well before it's revealed it makes the whole plot sequence "revealing" it entirely redundant. Really the issue wasn't the twist, it was that it was predictable and without any investment in our character we just wanted to get to the next plot point because we didn't care about the others getting shot.

Also the episode had a "Gamer" feel for how it was shot.

it was allright, the pedoboy was worse