So we all agree that Captain America was in the right, yes?

So we all agree that Captain America was in the right, yes?

Yes.

> American world policeman
> operating outside the law doing whatever the shit he wanted
> Motivated by his love of Jesus

Imagine giving George W Bush superpowers and a faggotty costume, thats Captain America

No

Watch it Tony

They should be regulated. But not by the UN or something as corrupt as that.

I like iron man more, but yes

Yes.

Yes. Basically any premise that goes
>there are superheroes who save everyone from super-human threats that would be undefeatable by human means, but there were a few casualties, they need to be regulated!
is essentially retarded and lazy writing. It's trying to use a trope that was invented by Watchmen to appropriate some of its cachet as a lol so serious and mature capeshit for serious and mature adults such as myself.

>real people with super powers
>expecting ANY of them to use the powers altruisticly, rather than just for personal gain
>not being utterly surprised, and grateful, that SO GODDAMN MANY people chose to use their powers to help people
>not being FUCKING GRATEFUL that there ARE good guys and that they're capable of protecting you, collateral damage or no

Know what they did in the comics with the folks who wouldn't register? They put them in a prison in a dimension THAT EATS HAPPINESS. And they kept them there till they registered. That's some fucking fascist shit. And you know what? When all was said and done, the ones who weren't dead went right back to helping people.

Fuck Iron man. And fuck the American people.

Every organization capable of regulating anything is corrupt. That's human nature. Even hippie communes have political fuckery.

Why was Tony never questioned for inventing Ultron?
Why did Ant-man randomly decide to help even though he has no agenda whatsover, doesn't he have a daughter or something?
Why did Captain Murika break the law just to help his friend? Thats not very american

Incorrect. Bush graduated top of his class from an Ivy League school. Captain America is a highschool graduate who Immediately tried to join the army so he could die killing Hitler.

Yes and Iron Man was in the left.

Yes.

Captain America was privy to the corruption in the system.

He tried serving already and learned he was actually working for Hydra all along.

He doesn't go along with it, thinking other things may be at play behind the scenes and doesn't agree with only being allowed to help where he is told to. He sees the injustice of holding a tortured prisoner of war accountable for things he was forced to do, completely against his will.

Turns out he was right. Everyone was being manipulated for more malicious reasons, and the events that were presented as reasons for the accords were staged.

If they had taken any amount of time to do an investigation and then proceed, it could all have been avoided.

And again, like in the comics, it was only possible due to the absence of Thor and Hulk, who make enforcing the accords impossible. They are the two most powerful beings on Earth and the two who would surely tell Admiral Ross to fuck off.

Because Cap doesn't give a shit about the ruling institutions. He stands for the Idea of America, the America that never was.

Ant-man is an avengers fanboy, and his mentor (Pym) is very anti-Stark.

This.

He probably told Pym Captain America asked him to help fight Stark and Pym didn't even care about the motivations, he just started cleaning and checking the suit right away while telling him to hold Giant-man back as a last resort.

I don't see how anyone can still side with Iron-Man after watching the movie.

Most of the Iron-Man team admit they were wrong by the end or don't even know what they're fighting for.

Fucking Rhodey, man.

He is the only fucking idiot that's not sorry about it, because it doesn't matter if his superiors are wrong or right, he just follows orders. And he is left a fucking cripple because of it.

>superheroes told what to do and regulated by the UN, the most incompetent and irrelevant organisation in the world
Yes, Iron Man is a dumb faggot.

Wakanda was a dictatorship.
Sokovia was a eastern euro communist shithole.

Who gave their leaders permission to decide on the accords? UN never has and never will do what the people of earth want.

>muh children's picture book flick morality

>"What if this panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go? What if there's somewhere we need to go and they don't let us?"
>Ross doesn't let Iron Man go and help Cap in Siberia when he found out Zemo was behind everything
>Stark ignores Ross and the Accords and goes to help him
>"Ross doesn't know I'm here. I'd rather like to keep it that way, otherwise I gotta arrest myself."
Yes, Captain America was right. Iron Man proved that in the end when he had to go somewhere the Accords wouldn't let him.

Yes, Tony was so out of character in that movie.
I haven't read comics since the mid 90s, so I don't know if they did it to be inline with the comics, but this isn't the same Tony we saw in the other movies.

pretty sure the US, Russia and China probably wouldn't want super heroes being able to enter their territory and act without authorization. And basically all you need is the three to pass anything. Its not like France or England would make a fuss.

It was in character though, Stark was feeling guilty about creating Ultron so he thought submitting to authority was the best way to atone for his sins.

All Stark does is based on impulse and guilt.

It's what their govt. want, not the people. And none of the govt. of the countries you listed represents its people.

>there are superheroes who save everyone from super-human threats that would be undefeatable by human means, but there were a few casualties
is it true, though?
I mean, the avengers are not that strong. I am sure a military squad could do their job just as well

>Why did Captain Murika break the law just to help his friend? Thats not very american
that is what america does all the times

I'm on whatever team Scarlet Witch is on.
That airport outfit made my peepee tingle

It's all Scarlet Witch fault anyway.

>tony
>business man
>drops the accord on the team with no warning
>doesnt even let them in on the negotiations

I feel like there could be a middleground where the Avengers enjoyed a quasi relarionship with the UN. My autism will never be satisfied

The plot of this film is retarded. First of all, who put Gen. Ross in charge of shit after accidentally creating Abomination and causing death and destruction by chasing the Hulk back in 2008?
Second thing, the UN doesn't have any power. They can't enforce a truce between two shithole African countries, do they really think they can control a team with a fucking Norse god in it?
Another thing: Thor. He's some kind of protector of Earth, which gives him political power way beyond that of the United Nations' or any other Earth organization. If Asgard wanted it, they could destroy Midgard (the Earth) in a matter of days.

But here's the main problem: the Sokovia Accords are just a plot device to get to the bombing in Vienna, where Bucky is framed and Zemo's plot starts. So the whole "whose side are you on" trend was bullshit because the movie dropped the Accords plot 1/3 through the movie. From this point onwards, Tony just behaves like a complete ass, ignoring evidence and refusing to listen to Cap and Bucky, who just wanted to tell him who the real bomber was.

TL/DR: Civil """War""" is a shit flick and Tony was in the wrong.

Scarlet witch did nothing wrong. Cross bones was going to blow up anyway. If she hadnt moved him he would have killed just as many people outside the building, including cap. It was crossbones fault, not scarlet witch

She mind-fucked Tony in AoU which lead to the creation of Ultron. Why was she even allowed in the team after what she did to them?

You're supposed to think he's in the right dumbass

it's a Captain America movie

Cap is always right.

How would everything turn out in winter soldier if he listened to the UN?

Or when they shot a nuke into the middle of a city to close a portal?

Tony was already developing Ultron, though. The project had only stalled because he didn't have a powerful enough A.I. to code with the program.

And yet the movie tries to emotionally manipulate the audience into thinking Stark was right.

"M-muh mommy and muh daddy were killed by a brainwashed assassin with no control over his actions, that means I can act like a retard". Cue women and nu-males in the audience feeling sorry for him and thinking he's right.

My Spidey sense is telling me that Captain America Civil War is going to be the high-water mark of the current MCU/Infinity War movie franchise. Thoughts?

People don't know Blonsky was already unstable due to the knockoff supersoldier serum. To the public at large, he went rogue, pumped himself full of radioactive Hulk blood and became Abomination by his own hand.

And I doubt Thor and Asgard are politically acknowledged.

I felt sorry for him and understood his reaction, but he still wasn't right about the Accords.

>Civil War
>high point

kek

This nigga gets it

That's ok and understandable. Still, a lot of people think Stark was right just because they felt sorry for him and because Cap didn't really get any emotional scenes in this movie.

Which is kinda funny when you think about it, after all it is his movie. However, Iron Man got all the heavy emotional scenes and development.

Reportedly they cut a lot of Cap/Bucky stuff because people were getting homo vibes.

It was also why they added the "no homo" kiss scene between Cap and Sharon.

Is that why that scene was there? it was awkward as fuck.

>Making out with the neice of the love of your life hours after her funeral in front of your best friend and your collegue

Dumb as fuck idea from Marvel then.

People that didn't see the first Captain America movies have no idea why Cap is so hellbent on saving Bucky. I know a lot of people that were confused why he cares so much the dude. Some more scenes between them would've helped the audience get more invested in the storyline. Cut out some of those Iron Man scenes or make the Spider-Man bedroom introduction shorter, otherwise just name the movie Avengers Civil War or Marvel's Civil War. It sure didn't feel like a solo movie to me.

He was only in the right because the writers went out of their way to make the government overly Orwellian. In reality, the idea that people like them should be allowed to run around as vigilantes answering to no one is ridiculous.

I just watched it yesterday. Jesus it was bad. Like in deadpool the scale was so small and limited to 3-4 locations. It was played save again (action start, then blablabla for the story, flashbacks for tension, the big battle in the middle (which was laughable but had some neat visuals) leading to the final battle.
What bothered me the most was that black panther guy. Seriously? First of the symbolism. Second, he can take on two genetically modified supersoldiers no problem (hurr I'm warrior) and his suit includes some of the most valuable material on earth. And he was never heard from before.
The plot was just ehhh. This whole "we kill innocents" was pushed so hard at the start, was forgotten the rest over the movie and picked up again at the very end. Neat twist at the end with tonys parents, but the villain was shit aswell. Dunno why people like these movies so much. The choreo is fine but there are like 1000 cuts per scene

>Guys, we killed people in Sokovia and that's bad
>I was totally unaware of this until a year later when I was confronted by a woman in a school
>Forget the fact that we also saved the human race by doing what we did

It's a brains-off popcorn flick that delivers. Capekino doesn't exist. If you wanted serious cinema you wouldn't be watching a superhero movie.

>Capekino doesn't exist

>what is Watchmen

Not capekino.

kys

I am anti regulation in a way, but also I don't like Captain America because of how self righteous he is. I am real tired of him trying to take the moral high ground every time.

He was right.
Even the movie itself tell you he is right.
They never cared about the people that died in those events, they only wanted to an excuse to use the team for their own benefits.