So I just watched Apocalypto

Jesus Christ, I used to pity the Aztecs and Indians. But now I'm thinking, maybe Spanish conquistadors were right all along.

So many cruel, human sacrifices. Cannibalism. Temples literally awash with blood. It was the land of sin.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Rural-Economy-Country-Medieval-Middle/dp/0812216741
youtube.com/watch?v=C7B3DrxH8rA
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Notice Mexican narcos still do similar stuff. It's in their dna.

Trianon best day of my life

They weren't right, though. They decided to fuck instead of slaughter them.

Maybe they realized instead of trying to genocide an entire continent, they could just convert them to Christianity?

They just had different culture. We have been living in a humanistic world but I doubt dark ages european would be very surprised of their actions. It's basically like discussing slavery from context of the time

Oh wow you really made me think.

Did the word humanism confuse you?

Garbage people make a garbage culture.

No I'm aware of your Sesame Street worldview.

Are you implying violence is acceptable by society nowadays and we don't live in a humanitarian age?

Now you know why Mexico turned out to be the way it is.

Last time I looked medieval Europeans didn't sacrifice people. Even Romans abhorred the mere thought.

But then why is your country in front of Mexico on this ranking?

Don't tell him that, they are sensitive to shit like that
Let him be

Is there a difference between what they did and what nazis did to Slavs, gays, Jews, gypsies, etc. just like 70 years ago?? Without mention what colonial powers did in Africa and other part of the world a few decades ago...

Man, Europeans are truly an example of how beautiful human are!

Feudal lords could do anything with their slaves. The only difference is the reason why they killed. They had very basic understanding of god. I think they just didn't evolve culturally

They don't even know jackshit about their own history or try to brush it away. That's why you have shit like an Italian town building a memorial for a genocidal war criminal.

They have to prevent the end of the world

>They had very basic understanding of god. I think they just didn't evolve culturally

The feudal lords or the Aztecs?

Yeah, it's very easy to shut them down once you start to tell them how savage european used to be just a few decades ago. At least aztecs did it because they believed that without sacrifices the world would end kek

Weren't they mayans?

Didn't the Romans use to fuck children and put graffiti of penis everywhere?

They were. The movie is incredibly inaccurate

Aztecs obviously. During the european feudalism theology was the most popular subject

Child-fucking, while abhorrent, is nowhere near as bad as ritualistic murder as a sacrifice to some pagan dirt god.

>The Binding of Isaac (Hebrew: עֲקֵידַת יִצְחַק), also known as The Binding (הָעֲקֵידָה) and the Akedah or Aqedah, is a story from the Hebrew Bible found in Genesis 22. In the biblical narrative, God asks Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac, on Moriah, Abraham begins to comply, when a messenger from God interrupts him. Abraham then sees a ram and sacrifices it instead.
Attempted child murder is good then?

>Feudal lords could do anything with their slaves.

lolno, many nobles bankrupted during the late middle age because they demanded the payments in currency instead of goods, but they didn't know what inflation was and 50 years after signing the new agreements they were fucked

People believe that the middle ages were a caothic period but it was far from being that. Try this book and you will see.

amazon.com/Rural-Economy-Country-Medieval-Middle/dp/0812216741

are the latin americans in here really butthurt like they are aztecs themselves? lol

First of all this is not a historical movie, so don't treat it as one, and second of all
>maybe Spanish conquistadors were right all along.
>maybe
Lad, conquistadors cooperated with local tribes a lot, it's not like they went on a random murderfest on these natives. The natives were already at war with each other when the Spaniards arrived.

iirc when conquistadors arrived to the mayan territories they were in an extremely decadent siutation, the major cities were long ago abandoned

Not really
Also there were many more cultures all over the continent, not only the aztecs and mayans
Mind blowing right?

I don't care about history that much but I will take it into consideration. It was like that in russia so I thought it's a common thing for that time

Wtf are you talking about? We all are aztecs.

oh god why are mexicans so insecure/defensive not much different from americans

I can't talk about Russia. All I know about your feudal system is basically from Tolsltoy and other writers and desu it looked pretty shitty, like you couldn't move to another place. But the black death for example improved the live condition in western europe.

yes and i wuz vikang

t. pic related

Anyway, not much time ago came a wale of butthurt phone user Mexicans, just ignore them.

Lol nah m8, they were time travelling conquistadors. Either that or the Native guy ran so close to the speed of light that a few minutes of his time frame were equal to centuries of time from a frame of rest on earth.

Meh yuropoors were better at that stuff

they were fucking barbarians

that's from a videogame

>Is there a difference between what they did and what nazis did to Slavs, gays, Jews, gypsies, etc. just like 70 years ago??
There was no Slavic genocide though.
But kind of, there is a difference. Because nazis killed people because they came to - what they believed a logical conclusion - and not to appease some invisible non-existent god. That said, the end result was just as horrific.

yeah, they were, but the mayans practiced human sacrifice too.

So??

Is this pic from a videogame aswell?

Beheading, torturing and burning witches was just from a videogame too?

>Because nazis killed people because they came to - what they believed a logical conclusion - and not to appease some invisible non-existent god.

Yeah both reason are equally retarded, although killing Slavs for the sole purpose of occupying their lands could have been a "good" reason economically speaking.

La mayoría de estas cosas pasaban en Europa central, igual que la caza de brujas. Y el sambenito lo cargamos los españoles, nunca entenderé por qué.

Ah yes the civilised and loving Europeans
youtube.com/watch?v=C7B3DrxH8rA

>Because nazis killed people because they came to - what they believed a logical conclusion - and not to appease some invisible non-existent god.

Well, both cases come from the same urge. That is, to get benefits from actions which result in the demise of others.

The majority are pure inventions

In our war with Indonesia after WW2 we decapitated rebels and put their heads on sticks.

They didn't have the manpower for genocide and it was too early for the tech gap to cover for that

The conquistadores did nothing wrong, anyone who tries to deny it is a hippy fucker

You do realize that the Aztec weren't the only tribe there and other tribes helped the Spanish against them

This, give them more loro!

This. TBQH

Yep, actually the mexicas were basically exterminated. Modern day mexicans mostly are descendants from the people that supported the conquistadors.

Cortés did nothing wrong!

Agreed

Not all Slavs were targeted but not all spared. There was a genocide of serbs, poles, Russians, belorussians and Ukrainians

I bet you wanna live here

Stop being so Queztalcoatlophobic! Its a religion of peace!

Ignorant much? You have less chance of being sacrified on an altar than you do of having a jauar warrior slit your jugular with an obsidian blade!

#notallaztecs

No, I like eating everyday

>maybe Spanish conquistadors were right all along.
they were, too bad they decided also rape

Nice

>Modern day mexicans mostly are descendants from the people that supported the conquistadors.
WRONG! México es blanco!

Those were the Greeks

Yup, by the time of the Spanish arrival the Golden Age of Mayan culture (for example, Palenque) was long over. Of course, the were still some flourishing Mayan city-states, e.g. Uxmal, but it wasn't nearly as much as what it used to be with Palenque, Copán, Chichen Itza, Mayapan, etc.

By the time the Spanish arrived, the Aztecs were clearly the hegemon of the Meso-American world. It'd be a bit like if you arrived in 1st-century Europe: the Romans would be like the Aztecs, and the Greeks would be like the Maya.

Interestingly, while the Maya were already well into their demise when the Spanish arrived, the Inca on the other hand were a very new and upcoming empire. It's a shame they had so little time to develop before the Spanish arrived, they seemed to actually have real potential (of course, they could also have ended up collapsing quite quickly, it's not at all impossible, especially in the absence of a standard written language).

kek

Anyways they were proudly a war culture and had some really weird rituals

They got off pretty easy compared to these guys.

Venezuela? I'd rather living in El Salvador than in Venezuela.

No pretendas ser yo, putita.

>rape

Memes, women always throw themselves to the new ruling class.

So you base your opinions on hollywood movies

He's a tip. The tribes that are on shitty reservations went around genociding other tribes and forcing them to go to the U.S for protection

We're amerindians like la Argentina, fuck off.

Nunca me hice pasar por ti maricon

>it was the land of sin

Indeed, it was. I wonder how their sexual life was.

It's a shame monks burned so many mesoamerican texts and we also lost forever the knowledge to understand the quipu.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quipu

Nobody believes you.

You don't have to but I posted the truth. There are tribes on the east coast that own fortune 500 companies and the poorest person lives in a half a million dollar mansion. Meanwhile the shitheads got the shittiest treatments

Well those guys were mostly stone age tribes on the level of PNG tribesmen.

>here
pro kual z tu berdadro payz? zoz hum prokzy berdah?

Lol bs

Like I said believe what you want

they were more advanced than stoneage. What really held them back was lack of horses

>Jesus Christ, I used to pity the Aztecs and Indians. But now I'm thinking, maybe Spanish conquistadors were right all along.
Barely 42 sacrificed children have been found in the most important temple of the empire. 42 children in 200 years.
The Spanish slaughtered 8 000 unarmed nobles and their children on the same spot in a couple of hours, without a declaration of war and thus starting hostilities with the Aztecs while being guests in the empire's capital.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple

>So many cruel, human sacrifices.

>Cannibalism.
"The Spanish treated the Indians with such rigor and inhumanity that they seemed the very ministers of Hell, driving them day and night with beatings, kicks, lashes and blows, and calling them no sweeter names than dogs. . . . Women who had just given birth were forced to carry burdens for the Christians and thus could not carry their infants because of the hard work and weakness of hunger. Infinite numbers of these were cast aside on the road and thus perished."

"They threw into those holes all the Indians they could capture of every age and kind.. . . Pregnant and confined women, children, old men [were] left stuck on the stakes, until the pits were filled. . . . The rest they killed with lances and daggers and threw them to their war dogs who tore them up and devoured them."

"Because he did not give the great quantity of gold asked for, they burned him and a number of other nobles and caciques . . . with the intention of leaving no prince or chieftain alive in the entire country."
- Fray Bartolomé de Las Casas

>Temples literally awash with blood. It was the land of sin.

ah yes, another quality low-key white supremacist thread. time to hide this shit

>Hollywood
>Accurate to history
Come on man.

All life on earth is about competition for resources and pussy.

Everything else is just delusions of grandeur, which is probably us humans most developed trait.

>only one is an actual religious war
>this is even denoted within the screencap
What exactly were you hoping to accomplish here?

the movie is innacurate because it mixes stuff creating a mesoamerican maya-aztec pastiche. but it doesnt invent stuff. both mayas and aztecs had human sacrifices.

>>only one is an actual religious war

Ahh yes (((Fray Bartolomé))) such a veridic source for the conquista

Nazis were as bad or worse.
Nazis killed millions because they thought they were ubermensch and true aryans, and that slavs were subhumans, and now we know for sure indo european languages were born in the steppes of russia-ukraine and kazakhstan.
Nazis was German romanticism gone wrong and was full of irrational behaviour.
when Nazis were losing the war in 43 and 44, killing all the Jews they could was a super high priority, when a rational person would have had other priorities.

woman fuck the men in power willingly

also, for a native family, a spaniard taking a native wife meant becoming political relatives and allies of the new ruling class.
the guaranis literally threw a shitload of women to the spaniards, they all had many native girls for every spanish man.

>Guzman's troops everywhere committed terrible depredations. The first province he marched through was Mechoacan, the inhabitants of which still possessed abundance of gold, though not of the finest quality, as it contained a considerable alloy of silver, for which reason Guzman compelled them to contribute a larger amount. Casonci, the principal cazique of the province, boldly refused to give him so great a quantity of gold as he demanded, wherefore Guzman ordered him to be tortured, by pouring hot oil over his feet; but as the unfortunate cazique, notwithstanding all the torments he endured, still remained firm to his purpose, he was ordered to be hung.
- The True History of the Conquest of New Spain by Bernal Diaz del Castillo, CXCVII

They happened in Europe and France all the time, you stupid mong