Are there any movies out there that you consider to be perfect? With no actual flaws to name? Pic related for me

Are there any movies out there that you consider to be perfect? With no actual flaws to name? Pic related for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evd_WJA0gvY
youtu.be/aJCSNIl2Pls?t=3m15s
youtube.com/watch?v=Sxf9ln6rnSc
youtube.com/watch?v=xK6ehybOhMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The first half of this movie is paced terribly but otherwise it's one of my favourites.

>that fucking bridge scene and the captain

For a Few Dollars More was better paced, and utilized Van Cleef much better.

>mfw he's running around the graveyard with ecstasy of gold playing
10/10

pic related, no joke.

And it was also otherwise shit and by far his worst movie that anybody talks about.

WE WUZ AYYS

I consider this to be the greatest western ever made.

fuck the "Pocahontas rip off" faggerts. This was Kino

Nah man, the slow pace is perfect.

Best soundtrack in Danny Elfman's carrier by the way.

nah senpai its paced perfectly.

it requires attention and discipline to get through it. it builds. it isnt for your numale millenial generation. it wasnt evey for our fathers generation. it was for men who are willing to put the time in to appreciate something.

the end was so much sweeter because it built that way.

if it had followed a straight forward, fast, actiony, dumb, lazy pace, the finale would not be as rewarding and memorable and good

nah senpai, this movie is perfect, if only for some of us

This.

This.
It's flawless

Part II and III however...

Agreed

Even Tarantino has acknowledged it as the GOAT.

Fuck you

I think it has a good beginning, drags in the middle at some points, and has a stellar ending. Great movie but not perfect. It's Terminator 2 tier, a solid 9/10.

To me a flawless movie has to with structure as much as content, so through a structural perspective Terminator is actually flawless. There is no scene in that movie that wastes the audience's time. It all furthers the plot and adds to the tone.

Yojimbo

I consider it got be the greatest movie ever made.

Mean Girls

Henry Fonda should have played more villains. He was so evil in that movie.

Margin Call
The Hunt
Slumdog Millionaire
Cast Away
All is Lost

There is no such thing as a perfect movie.

TRIGGERED. THis is classic millennial attitude. This movie COULD NOT BE MADE in 2016 because the FUCKING AUDIENCE ARE FUCKING RETARD IPHONE FACEBOOK ASSHOLES.

Fun fact: this was the 2nd-most successful movie released in 1977.

This shit was paced so damn well

I prefer Peter Fonda

When you realize at the end of the movie what Blondie did, the standoff loses its intensity. Tuco has no bullets but only Blondie knows that. All he has to do was shoot Angel Eyes.

It's also a test for Tucco. He may not have bullets, but he can still point his gun. If he had pointed it at Blondie instead of Angel Eyes, Blondie might have ganged him for real.

I wish I could watch this in an actual theater

Must be glorious

The way they treated women in this movie is terrible
You really shouldn't watch this anymore

True, I didn't think about that. Angel Eyes was also a fucking asshole to Tuco in the prison camp so I doubt he wouldn't have aimed at Angel Eyes anyway.

desert scene is too long

seeing as this is the only thread on Sup Forums that's even tangentially related to western movies and I don't wanna start a new one, can anyone help em identify this sound: it's that slow, crawling, ominous drum beat that usually occurs when a duel takes place in a spaghetti western. It's kind of like a rattle.

I have to admit I watched this along with the other two in the trilogy only a few days ago and they were amazing.

I like Tuco though he's a cocksucker and in the end I really felt blondie would let him hang for what he did but silently rooted for him

Find a clip on YouTube or something

I tried, but I don't even know what the fucking instrument is. It's percussion that's all I know

wood blocks?

youtube.com/watch?v=evd_WJA0gvY

that drum at 7:03 ?

Are you talking about the sound that occasionally plays in the background in this scene? Try around 3:15 for example.

youtu.be/aJCSNIl2Pls?t=3m15s

or this one at 5:45?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sxf9ln6rnSc

vid is blocked in the US. lmao

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not precisely in the realm of what I'm referring to, but that is what I'm talking about. What instrument is that?

those are wood blocks right?

return of sabata use those in a really funny way

Nice list. I've never seen All is Lost

>it was for men who are willing to put the time in to appreciate something.

they sound like a bunch of faggots lol

>tfw watched the dollars trilogy + OUATITW and got spoiled and can barely enjoy other westerns

what have I done?

There's literally nothing I dislike about this film.

Same here, most of the genre is boring in comparison.

If they would've adapted a few things from the book that were left out I'd agree

I liked True Grit 2010

I tried to enjoy the Assassination of James but it wasn't quite to my taste.

Probably will try Clint's other westerns.

I think that remake of 3:10 to Yuma is better than all of what you've mentioned except for TGTBaTU

I think that the original 3:10 to Yuma is better than the remake

Which things?

I kind of would've liked to see Lecter's escape but also think that would negatively effect the pacing of the climax.

Watch High Plains Drifter and just enjoy everything.

I still haven't seen Once Upon A Time yet I've watched just about everything else.

How they found out Buffalo Bill felt to simple in the film, in the book it seemed to feel like it was a lot more put together.

Barneys interaction with Lecter wasn't as detailed, there's probably a few other things but I can't quite remember them in detail.

Its alright. Anything older, like John Wayne movies will feel cheesy, but there are still plenty of spaghetti westerns for you to enjoy.
Check out:

High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
Day of Anger
Death Rides a Horse

For new school:
True Grit
The assassination of Jesse James etc
The proposition

Some I havent seen yet but are supposed to be good:
The great silence
The outlaw Jose wallace (or something like that)
Hang em' high

Das Boot, maybe?

Too add to this, Kurosawa's samurai movies and certain older kung-fu moves have more of a spaghetti western feel to them than other kinds of western movies does.

My perfect movies:

Watch Tango and Cash

My perfect movies (2):

already watched High Plains Drifter, it was okay for me.

True Grit was very good. I want to watch the remake of 3:10 to Yuma, but have heard conflicting opinions on it.

I actually started my viewing of spaghetti westerns by watching Kurosawa's Yojimbo and Sanjuro.

I'll probably watch these next
>Pale Rider
>Day of Anger
>Death Rides a Horse

thanks anons

Unforgiven

Plz be bait

My perfect movies (3):

My perfect movies (4):

My perfect movies (5):

It's unforgivable that this scene was removed in the English cut.

youtube.com/watch?v=xK6ehybOhMU

Mr. Choo Choo was a trooper.

My perfect movies (6):

Why are Italians such good directors?
Is it a nose thing?

My perfect movies (8):

IT IS NOT BAIT IT IS KINO

My perfect movies (9):

Josey Wales is my favourite Clint and the Great Silence is my favourite spaghetti. Well worth your time

I really hesitate to call anything perfect but I really can't think of any flaws

Is there any trilogy that escalates as well as the dollars trilogy does?
>adds more complex plots
>adds more main characters
>adds more complex themes

Like, each one isn't just better, they each grow conceptually as well, till TGBU at which point it's just about as perfect as a movie can get

My perfect movies (10):

This was great. I was not expecting feels of that magnitude

that's one smug space baby

I can't begin to explain how influential this movie is to me