What do you study to, Sup Forums? pic related. no 24/7 lofi chill beats radio allowed

what do you study to, Sup Forums? pic related. no 24/7 lofi chill beats radio allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

hindawi.com/journals/bn/2015/707625/
youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtrze79Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=l5pnoSgIuVo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

boards of canada, classical music most often. Lyrics distract my brain but music without is great for focus.

tycho, or just a white noise generator

Studying to music is a meme. All music is active distraction.

Four Tet

false. music that doesn't disctract op can help strengthen knowledge retention. Memory association to sound has been proven to provide significantly more effective for recall and retention than without

then explain how all the geniuses and greatest breakthroughs in the past didn't involve ppl listening to music while they made their inventions?

i guess einstein was listening too fucking the smiths while studying also
fuckng retard i swear

music isn't really relevant in the example you mentioned, stop acting smart

But that's in the context of association, as in the sound of a train can flash you back to a time when you saw a train as a kid. That's not going to do shit for you when you're trying to cram down info from a textbook. It's not like you turn on music and it gives you instant +1 buff to intelligence or something.

I graduated last year but I used to enjoy listening to The Haxan Cloak when I read.

Brian Eno and Stars of the Lid got me through high school and college

yes it is. thats why pneumonic devices for memorization are always effective. tying your memories to other associations in your brain strengthens neural pathways and speeds up recall. there are tons of studies that show this. smell is the strongest sense to use but listen to a certain song or artist only during each section of whatever your studying. the subject inherently is stored with neural pathways to the senses that you can use to your advantage. this is also the mechanism behind pavlovian conditioning

literally dozens of studies if you do a cursory google search

this. not talking about theorizing or postulating new and groundbreaking shit. this won't work for creative writing or anything.

studying is just trying to create memory of a subject strong enough that you can recall after an hour. you can strengthen that retention and recall by literally wiring it stronger in your brain. why you can remember acronyms for more complex information. the meaning is literally tied to the word itself, each letter individually, and your knowing this. 3 engrained things allowing you recall obscure information quickly and easily by association

post your gpa right now.

graduated college. test scores were great. homework however is not an issue of retention techniques as much as laziness

>being in school

how about test that i used this for when i did a little pre-review

act: 32 with 2 35s, overall 95%

I mix it up a bit.

Sometimes I listen to ambient stuff like Grouper, Steve Roach, Julianna Barwick, Caretaker etc.

Other times I'll listen to Stoner/Doom Metal like Sleep, Om, Boris, or Elder.

But lately I've been listening to a lot of Berlin techno while I study (Ben Klock, Marcell Dettmann, Planetary Assault Systems)

I dropped out of college because it was a waste of time and money. I write and paint to whatever im in the mood for. I don't listen to music while i read.

not one gpa has been posted. fucking brainlets like i thought

Mostly albums that I've listened to a lot of times before

On a related note, is there anything more cringeworthy than people who listen to jazz when they study?

jazz is good for studying desu

here is a recent study if you can understand whats going on. encoding means remembering, episodic encoding means the brain functions that are supposed to keep the studying remembered

hindawi.com/journals/bn/2015/707625/

youtube.com/watch?v=cWKtrze79Ys
this on repeat

thats nice. but i want to see your gpa bud

my major gpa was 3.1 you retarded faggot. this shit is a memory device not a guarantee to doing your homework, perfecting your projects, and giving you lab partners from heaven

People who listen to classical when study

>not appreciating classical
it is literally the perfect study genre. not because of some faux sophistication but its patrician qualities without words distracting.

>3.1
>calling someone retarded
i hope that was in engineering

mechanical. and you are retarded. gpa is a poor indicator for the voracity of posts by an anonymous autist. this shit is easy to read about on google, not some cutting edge biomechanics

Classical music really gives me razor sharp focus.
youtube.com/watch?v=l5pnoSgIuVo

this is the anecdotal nonsense that is in no way the same as using music regardless of type as a mnemonic device for memory formation.

Sometimes i put albums on and force myself to read. I try and read as fast as the singers sings