Story thread cont., last one died before I could finish typing the next part

Story thread cont., last one died before I could finish typing the next part.

You grab Melena by the arms and roughly drag her towards the burning tack shop. “What the hell are you doing?” she shrieks as you shove her through what’s left of the doorway. She tumbles into the inferno with a howl of agony. You see her struggling to get to her feet, at the same time desperately trying to beat out the flames that have begun to consume her entire body. The raging fire is too much for her weak flesh, however, and soon her horrid screams come to an end. From outside the building, you can see her charred corpse slumped over on the floor, and the smell of burning flesh tickles your nostrils.

Looking around, you’re pretty sure that due to the general panic that is currently consuming the village, no one has seen what you did to Melena. Everyone is too busy trying to flee or to collect water from the pond. However, people will be heading this way soon to try and put the fire out, and the sight of you standing at the door of the tack shop with a burning corpse inside might raise some uncomfortable questions…

What do you do?

go for a swim in the pond

OP here, forgot to add: post ending in 3, 6, or 9 determines what happens next

You’re starting to get uncomfortably hot being so close to the burning tack shop, and decide that it would be nice to cool off with a dip in the pond. You walk casually down path that leads from the center of the village towards the pond and, eventually, the forest.

Several villagers rush by you carrying buckets full of water. They barely seem to notice you, although one of them gives you an odd look as he sees how calm you seem to be in the face of all the commotion. As you reach the edge of the pond however, someone does notice you. It’s the village mayor, a kindly old man whose normally calm demeanor has been replaced by that of distress.

“There’s more buckets over here, come grab one and bring some water up to the tack shop!” he calls over. As you begin to take your clothes off in preparation for your refreshing swim, a look of confusion appears on his face.

“What are you doing? The village is on fire!” he calls as you strip down to your underwear. You jump into the pond, feeling a sense of relief at the sensation of the cool water on your hot skin. You begin to paddle around a bit.

“We need your help!” the mayor yells. As you continue to swim around, he shakes his head in utter disbelief, then fills a bucket with water and rushes up towards the tack shop.

What do you do?

pee in the pond

Go back and help put the fire out, and act like nothing weird happened.

Reroll.

Reroll again.

hide all the buckets at the bottom of the pond

Again.

this

This again.

carry water up in your hand and put it on the fire

After swimming around in the pond, you decide that you should probably go and help the other villagers with the fire. The mayor will probably think it very odd that you were goofing off in the pond while the village burned to the ground. Given what happened with Melena, it’d probably be best if you avoided arousing further suspicions about your behaviour. However, a bucketful of water seems very heavy. You decide it would be easier if you just took what you could carry in your hand.

You climb out of the pond and dip a cupped hand into the water, then begin making your way back to the tack shop, careful not to spill any of the little water you brought. As you arrive at the shop, you see other villagers hurriedly tossing buckets of water onto the flames before running back to the pond for more.

Standing purposefully before the flaming shop, you toss your handful of water over the fire. The tiny handful of water splashes onto the fire, and is instantly gone with a sizzling noise. It doesn’t seem to have helped at all. In fact, the fire is getting worse…it’s spreading to nearby buildings, and before long it will probably reach your house.

What do you do?

Steal mayors car and park it in front of fire hydrant

Get a bucket of water and dump it over your own house to prevent it from catching fire

bump

Bump. Come on Sup Forums, I'm bored.

Take your shit and leave

Reroll, don’t worry op, if you’re still here won’t abandon

Are you olchowy? Or are you the other nameless story user?

Neither, I just like these threads and wanted to make one. Were you rerolling post ending in 20?

Yup, a reply counts as a reroll unless said otherwise

You’re not bad by the way op, but I almost missed your thread. It was close.

See If I can take advantage of the panic, take what I can and leave

Sorry m8 theres already a winrar

Act hurt, get a beautiful girl to care for me. Actually just burn my hand for real and do that

So sad I missed the first thread, barely know whats going on

Bump

You realize that if the fire reaches your house, some of your possessions might be ruined, even if you manage to put the fire out before your home is destroyed. You decide that the best course of action is to take what you can and get it away from the village, where it’ll be safe. Besides, you never really liked this village all that much anyways.

You rush inside and gather what you can: mostly clothes, supplies, and a few personal effects. As you hurriedly pack everything up, you realize that since you woke up to the commotion caused by the dragon attack, you haven’t seen your sister at all. Where could she be?

Hoping that she’s managed to safely escape from the village, you grab the bags you’ve packed and hoist them over your shoulders, then run outside. There’s a few options in terms of where you can go:

Leading south is the path that goes to the forest. There are cities on the other side, but the trip would take days, or even weeks, depending on the trails you took.

Leading north is the path that eventually becomes a winding road and meets up with the main highway that leads to Gostria, the capital of the kingdom. It probably wouldn’t take longer than a day or two to get there.

To the east are some meadows, and eventually a towering mountain range. There are rumours that all kinds of monsters live in the mountains, including dragons.

To the west is some farmland, beyond which is a large plain. You also think that the ocean is to the west, although you’re not sure how far.

Where do you go?

You didn't miss much. You woke up in your home to a terrible commotion, the innkeeper tells you that there's been a dragon attack (then she got pushed into the fire)

To the mountains! Get revenge for your village and for that girl you 'accidentally' burned!

Reroll

Rerollio

bumples

Kingdom capital. To tell the Story How I rescued as many as I could

Reroll

Cmon

checked

You know where you need to go. That dragon attacked your village and started the fire that killed Melena. If that hadn’t happened, she wouldn’t have died when you shoved her into the tack shop. You must avenge her, and all the villagers the dragon hurt in the attack.

You cross the modest market that lies at the center of your village and start purposefully marching down the path that leads to the east. Hopefully, you’ll be able to make it to the mountains by nightfall, and you can make camp at the base before making the climb to the dragon’s lair.

As you walk away from the fire, some of the villagers call out to you, demanding to know where you think you’re going. Little do they know that your desertion is an act of pure bravery. One of them yells “Why are you in your underwear?”, reminding you that you haven’t bothered to get dressed since getting out of the pond. Oops!

You walk for about half an hour to forty-five minutes, making sure you are safely away from the carnage of the village before assessing your situation. You’ve brought several changes of clothes, food and water for a few days travel, a bedroll and a small tent, flint and steel for starting a fire, some torches, and a shortsword and buckler. You might be able to hunt for more food and look for water on the way, so this should be everything you need for your journey. Your fight with the dragon, however, will be difficult.

As you examine your supplies, you hear a noise from behind you. Turning around, you see some dust has been kicked up around a large stone that lies to the side of the path. It seems like someone has tried to quickly hide behind the stone in order to avoid being seen…you’re being followed!

What do you do?

Retrieve your trusty letter opener from your sock and lunge behind the stone, letter-opener first into where you'd assume would be it's throat if it were human

reroll

Bump

Pee on the stone to lure the follower out

Dubs, also reroll for dat pee

Ok no wonder this thread needed so many bumps, its just OP with one guy constantly refreshing this page and rerolling. He rerolls before I even notice the new story post

Idk, it's kinda weird. I did the mountain one and by the time I refreshed someone rerolled twice for me

Kinda wanted the castle anyways, because more humorous

Yeah, someone rerolled mine too just now. Guess I was wrong

bump!

Whoever is following you clearly doesn’t want to be seen…which means they probably mean you some harm. Best to end this now, before they get their chance. Pretending to rummage through your belongings, you retrieve your letter opener from where you’d hidden it inside a sock. This was one of the personal effects you managed to retrieve from your house before leaving the village. Grasping it firmly in hand, you quietly tip toe towards the rock. Your heart is racing as you get closer, unsure about what you’ll find.

Finally, you’re as close as you can get without giving away your position. You take a deep, slow breath, then quickly lunge behind the stone, thrusting forward with the sharp tip of the letter opener. The point of the opener strikes the stone a foot or so above the head of a young boy, who wails in fear. If it had been an adult human, the letter opener would have gone right through his throat. “Please, don’t kill me!” he pleads, holding his hands above his head and trembling. You recognize him as the son of Melena, the innkeeper you...I mean, the dragon…killed.

“I-I saw you going towards the mountains, and I knew y-y-you were going to fight the d-dragon,” he stammers. “The v-villagers said that my mom d-d-died in the fire at the t-tack shop.” He gulps and collects himself, speaking a little more calmly, though his voice is still high-pitched with fear. “I wanted to follow you, so that I could help fight the dragon. I was afraid if you saw me, you would send me back. Please, take me with you!”

What do you do?

Make him carry my stuff to prove hes strong enough. Lets See How long He can do that. Does He have anything of value?

Tell him to get inside of your bag so you can carry him around like a backpack boy, and he can retrieve things you need from the bag

I like that

bump x2

Magium from googleplay if u like this thing's, amazing story, I'll join here also

You look the boy up and down to see if he has anything of value on him. Other than the clothes on his back (which are well-made, but not luxurious), all he seems to have is a sling and a sack that appears to be full of stones.
“All right,” you say, “you can come. But only if you carry my things.”

He gulps again and nods, seeming to become a little less tense. The two of you walk back to where you left your stuff, and once you’ve put everything back the way it was, you hand off everything to the boy. He seems to be managing it fine, although you can see it’s quite heavy for a boy his size. Together, you resume the march towards the mountains.

The land here is serene and peaceful. Beautiful green meadows surround you in every direction, with the mountains ahead of you and the forest to the south. It’s hard to believe that only hours ago, you witnessed the chaotic aftermath of the dragon attack. The thin stream of smoke on the horizon behind you, however, is still visible from where you are, reminding you of what it is you’ll be facing.

After walking in silence for a bit, the boy clears his throat and says “Sir? I wanted to ask: what is your plan for killing the dragon? How can we expect to beat it with a sword and an old sling? And…why aren’t you wearing any clothes?”

What do you do?

OP here, gotta go eat dinner. If the thread's still around when I get back I'll continue.

Bro read fucking faster it took me two minutes to bump yours twice

I reply that I'm what people call dragonborn and therefore are always feeling hot. It's more comfortable without clothing for me. As for the plan I tell him to wait and see, thinking that the boy could make perfect bait if necessary.

say you've vowed to not wear clothes till you kill the dragon, and you plan to seduce it and then climb inside it vore style and kill it with your mighty letter opener

rerollio

*cough* reroll

reroll

lets reroll this

Blush and put on your clothes, then tell him you'll figure it out when you get there

I miss you already, storybro

Soo. how long you all think he'll take? I should go to sleep, its early in the morning already

“When that dragon attacked our village,” you say, “I made a solemn vow to myself. I vowed that as long as the monster that did this lives, I will not wear clothes again.”

“…why?” the boy asks.

“It’s all a part of my master plan, kid. You see, I know I can’t defeat a dragon by force alone. But I am as charismatic and charming as that dragon is strong. With my naked flesh exposed for all to see, I am irresistible, even to a dragon.”

The boy drops his gaze to the ground, a strange expression on his face. He appears to be very uncomfortable.

“Once I have seduced the dragon, I will reveal to it my secret fantasy of being swallowed alive. I will allow it to eat me. And once I’m inside of it, I’ll fight my way out! This letter opener may not be effective against a dragon’s skin, but let’s see how it deals with its stomach!”

The boy nods, seeming at least somewhat relieved by the fact that a plan exists. But he still does not seem to want to meet your gaze. It also doesn’t seem like he wants to talk, and most of your journey to the mountains is made in silence. You do learn that his name is Marvin.

By nightfall, you’ve arrived at the base of the mountain. Looking for a place to make camp, you spot some decently large rock formations that might be able to provide some shelter, although there’s a chance you might be seen by anything travelling through this area at night. You also see a cave entrance that leads into the mountain.

What do you do?

I tried Magium btw. I died after three decisions.

I love what youve done with the suggestions, although it wasnt mine.

I chose the cave, letting the boy go first while collecting wood for fire

I make a fire at the rocks, but stay a little further away from it, to see but not be seen by anyone that could be traveling here

reroll

Check out the cave. Do I have fire to make light?

You have flint and steel, and some torches.

Reroll. I check out the caves with a torch, if it's deep I'd like to explore it

Make the fire and rest eat in the cave without making a fuss.
Finished the first part at magium and I'm waiting for a few bucks to unlock the 2nd part, give it another chance, there's speel and dragons and dungenos, try the great tournament also

I wonder if OP is still eating

bump

“Come on Marvin,” you say, “we’ll take shelter in that cave.” He nods, and the two of you make your way to the jagged mouth of the cave. Since Marvin is carrying all of your things, you hold the torch, and lead the way inside.

At first the cave is narrow and at times, you find yourself hunching over to avoid bumping your head on the ceiling. Eventually, the passages become wider, and the sense of claustrophobia you’ve been feeling is greatly decreased. At last, you find a chamber large enough for the two of you to set up camp. However, another passageway at the back of the room leads deeper into the cave. There must be something in this cave…some clues about where the dragon’s lair is, or perhaps a secret passage to the lair itself!

“Let’s keep exploring,” you say, and continue deeper into the cave. Martin reluctantly follows you, but he keeps looking back over his shoulder.

The passage begins to slope downward, growing more and more spacious as you continue on, until suddenly, around a corner, it opens up into a gigantic chamber. In the torchlight, you can see the edge of what looks like a massive underground lake. To both the right and the left of the passageway, the rock forms a natural path around the side of the lake.

As you look in awe at the size of the cavern, you hear a sound off to your right. It’s footsteps echoing through the cavern. Someone is coming.

“Sir!” Marvin whispers, “what is that?”

What do you do?

OI !!!

THE FUCK

GET YOUR OWN NUMBERS OP

all these copycats

Poor Marvin.

We hide, I put out the torch. If Marvin makes any sound I'll leave him alone, whoever comes there doesnt have to get us both

Reroll once

Reroll twice, then I shall come up with another idea

Ok then. Tell Marvin to hide and go to meet the footsteps. Ill take a weapon I keep hidden with me

Molest Marvin

“Quick,” you say, “find a place to hide. I’ll go see what’s over there.” Marvin is shaking now, and his lip is beginning to quiver. He seems terrified at the notion of leaving you. The footsteps seem to be scaring him even more, however, and he nods in agreement. Before he leaves, you take your shortsword from him. After that, he hurries off to the left, soon vanishing into the darkness.

As you head to meet the footsteps, you try to hide the sword, so that your enemies won’t know you’re armed. However, this doesn’t seem possible, as you’re wearing only your underwear, and don’t seem to have anywhere to hide it. The best you can do is hold it behind your back, which is awkward and uncomfortable.

The footsteps seem to be growing louder. As you move along the path to the right, you feel a draft coming from up ahead. Suddenly, the footsteps stop. You creep forward slowly, and eventually the light of your torch reveals another passageway in the wall of the cavern…and standing in front of it are three goblins, cudgels at the ready.

“What do you want here, human!?” snarls one of them in rough common tongue.

What do you do?

At least I have Magium to keep me entertained in the meantime.
I love this kind of storytelling

take the route of a businessman. With the right leverage, goblins can make powerful allies. I wouldn't be opposed to offering marvin as food, id it comes to that, though perhaps a monetary offer would be a smart place to start negotiations.

Damn this underwear. Well, Goblins are small, so.. I try to take one out with a quick slash of my sword, then force the others to drop their weapons. I'll let them live if they give me answers about the dragon

Just watched all 4 seasons of Peaky Blinders, so i'm feeling like a gangster. A goblin mob sounds like a great place to start.

I suppose my idea would have left us captchured by Goblins anyway. Chapeu to the businessman

If there are any dissenters, beat the piss out of them and have Marvin cut their ears off. If Marvin can't hold his own, he'll leave of his own volition once he sees the world he's in.

"Gentlemen, please," you say, "no need to be alarmed. I'm not here to start any trouble with you. I’m after the dragon.”

The goblins look at each other, then back at you. One of them begins chuckling to himself. “How do you plan to do that, human?” the goblin replies, looking you up and down.

“With your help, my good sir. I’m prepared to offer gold in exchange for your assistance in my fight. I could give you…fifty gold apiece?” You feel relieved knowing that you remembered to take your purse from your home before fleeing the village.

The goblins look at each other again, then back at you again. “Let’s see it,” says the goblin.

The feeling of relief you felt is replaced by a horrible sinking sensation. The purse is with Marvin, along with the rest of your belongings.

“Unfortunately, ah…I seem to have left my gold with my friend. He’s that way,” you say, pointing back in the direction you came from.

“Then let’s find your friend,” the leader says with a nasty grin on his face. The three of them move towards you and motion for you to lead the way. Trying your best to keep an eye on them without being obvious, you walk along the lake, past the passage you originally entered from. The goblins do not speak to you, or to each other, but you get the sense that they’re becoming more and more tense the further you go in this direction. You hope that they’ll be willing to strike a bargain with you. These goblins could be invaluable allies against the dragon. You’d be willing to fork over a lot more than the fifty gold. You’d even be willing to give them Marvin; anything to avenge the dragon’s victims.

1 of 2

After walking along the lake for a bit, you come across another passageway that leads steeply upwards. Lying at the entrance is one of your bags. Marvin must have come this way, and it looks like he broke his deal with you – he was supposed to carry all of your stuff, not just some of it. You’re thinking about how to deal with this when all of a sudden, from within the passage, you hear a panicked cry that must be Marvin.

What do you do?

2 of 2

well... I suppose we have to investigate. We have 3 goblins at our back who consider themselves tentatively in your employ, so long as you can act the part. Keep the letter opener up your sleeve to shank anyone in the neck that gets too close.

Gtta protect my bai- companion. I quickly look into the bag to see if its the one with the gold. If so, I show the goblins, take it, tell them to wait and rush into the passage. If not I tell the Goblins their future gold may be on the verge of disappearing and then rush into the passage.

Reroll once

Reroll once for this option

Wow, quadruples
Rerolling this tho