Who is the greatest musician of all time, and why is it Beethoven?

Who is the greatest musician of all time, and why is it Beethoven?

>Wrote 9 symphonies, Dozens of other works.
>Started going deaf in his late 20s.
>became almost completely deaf in his later life, and continued to compose masterpieces.
>Credited by some as the world’s first metal musician, over 2 centuries before the advent of rock and roll.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUdoxvigIl8&
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwas_7H5KUs
youtube.com/watch?v=yfeOzYmV-PI
youtube.com/watch?v=3bklFIanHdk
youtube.com/watch?v=8oYWfJuMGMA
youtube.com/watch?v=GDFaEBjA7PU
youtube.com/watch?v=ylpOO-7cyt0&t=8s
youtube.com/watch?v=Gj-tBVq61as
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop comparing metal music with classic music.

I said “some”, I never compared them myself. That being said, you can’t tell me that works like Symphony #5 don’t at least have similar overtones to modern metal.

>Gustav Mahler
Basically finished Beethovens work, final boss of symphonic music, singelhandedly brought the dawn of modern music
>Mozart
One of a kind genius, no corrections in his writings, just wrote down the perfect music from his mind
>Bach
Basically invented harmony and one could argue the basics of any adnvanced music, created an unparalelled ammount of music, all on ahead of its time.

There is no single greatest, as there is no consensus what makes a musician great. Talent, ammount of work created, influence, etc cannot be weighted against each other, and there is noone greatest in all categories. A great musician can always be recognized by ending an epoche of music (Beethoven vienna classic, Mahler Romanticism etc.) by being way ahead of their time.

Yeah, but they could hear what they were composing. How do you paint a picture if you are blind?

By being a genius I guess? Honestly Mozart would be capable of that aswell and probably a few other musicians. And though it is goddamn impressive to regular people, I fail to see how this ability alone determines you as the greatest of all times. Post your grading system for what makes a great musician and you can discuss how they compare on singular subjects. Anything else will lead to empty opinion based discussions.

Jay Z

Beethoven = god
Listen to the late quartets, especially opus 132. Weep and die.
Beethoven. My life.

Comparing musicians is like comparing movies/tv shows because it's subjective. If you compare based on complexity, classical music is fairly primitive next to the amount of shit thrown into a lot of modern music, which doesn't make it better. I guess the only real way to find the best musician would be to see how many people like that person overall. That would mean Luis Fonsi is the greatest musician of all time.. So obviously you see comparison just can't be done.

GMOAT is you but are too tied up in other things you were told to think about.

> Comparing musicians is like comparing movies/tv shows because it's subjective. If you compare based on complexity, classical music is fairly primitive next to the amount of shit thrown into a lot of modern music, which doesn't make it better. I guess the only real way to find the best musician would be to see how many people like that person overall. That would mean Luis Fonsi is the greatest musician of all time.. So obviously you see comparison just can't be done.

Agree, there are good examples and poor examples of all genre's. If you want to fall into the top 10 sellers trap, then your obviously understand nothing of music, or the development of it through history. It's like asking what is the best equation, of the best sentence. I suggest you get yourself an education, then use that to explore the musical landscape, it is much much larger than the inner city ghetto's sold to you by MSM.

Your edge is showing. You don't need an education to appreciate good music.

But then how do we get into pseudo intellectual discussions with everyone to show them how much smarter we are?
>also checked

He didn't sell many records though did he? Fucking faggot.

Yeah, you're totally right. Just like you don't need math to understand equations.

When I cook I just throw all sorts of shit together and then just mash it together, who cares right.

When I write I just throw words at the page, it doesn't matter if the reader doesn't understand what it is I was trying to communicate.

Your thinking is that of the nigger, and thats why the nigger and the nigger continents are all so backward.

does anyone have the link to pic related?

As they say,

Mozart is the laughter of God,
Beethoven, the wrath of God.

Franz Joseph Hayden: He was a friend and mentor of Mozart, a teacher of Beethoven. 108 symphonies along with numerous concertos, masses, piano solos and trios, operas, string quartets and more.

But Paganini is the best there is!

"If you compare based on complexity, classical music is fairly primitive next to the amount of shit thrown into a lot of modern music"

You are an idiot

"it is much much larger than the inner city ghetto's sold to you by MSM."
likewise, you are an idiot as well.....the suburbs are equally inadequate.

op give examples of beethoven metal

>do nothing
>get money

dude is a genius

Yeah I'm certain you're baiting at this point. I didn't even read beyond the first line.

Also baiting. Here's you're (You)'s fuckers. Don't expect anymore though.

I like Beethoven, but he's a little too mainstream

Evidently you don't know how contractions work: You are = You're

So yes, thanks for proving you are an idiot.

i'm triyng to find the vid for pic related, anyone got the link?

beethoven is really good, i like the pastorale.

Chopin for the pain

youtube.com/watch?v=uUdoxvigIl8&

Bach for the brain

youtube.com/watch?v=Cwas_7H5KUs

Scott .. cause I'm so fucking edgey

youtube.com/watch?v=yfeOzYmV-PI

Zakk Wylde youtube.com/watch?v=3bklFIanHdk

The 9th Symphony is the heaviest metal that has ever been written.

Paganini's 24 Caprices for Solo Violin Op. 1 is the heaviest of metal.

Stravinsky is pretty metal

Mozart was actually the top selling artist a year or two ago because of a 170-disc complete collection that came out, since each sale counted 170 times.

same fagging...

Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Winter) is actually pretty fucking metal in i9t's own right@!

It's OK, OP was listening to him before you'd ever heard of him

>hour long solo
no.

>Bach basically invented harmony and one could argue the basics of any advanced music...
This user gets it

Its still sacrilegious to make ironic jokes like that about Beethoven, hes above that

>he's above that
He was buried years ago, so technically he's below it

max Richters minalist rewoking of the Four Seasons score .. fucking glorious..

youtube.com/watch?v=8oYWfJuMGMA

amazing piece

youtube.com/watch?v=GDFaEBjA7PU

Master musician at work, weep at you inadequacy. You are not fit to lick his taint, let alone share your opinion about music with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=ylpOO-7cyt0&t=8s

Ozzy Osbourn thought this was pretty metal ..

Carmina Burana , Carl Orff (Ponnelle)

youtube.com/watch?v=Gj-tBVq61as

Which god?

Mahler

>Who is the greatest musician of all time,

>chuck berry
>little richard
>the voice
the list goes on

Those smell like loli's and incest.

After studying music for a while, you should become capable of doing something called harmonic dictation, where you listen to a harmonic progression and write it down. Therefore, if you have a musical idea in mind, even a relative beginner would be able to write it. While not being able to hear well is an inconvenience, it is not crippling for a mildly experienced composer.