What went wrong?

What went wrong?

It aired?

Looks nice
What's wrong with it?

s02 was really awesome.
but it became very edgy nad tryhard right now.
don't know what went wrong

It took a turn into the turd zone with the depression subplot, I think it was season 2? Before that it was funny, goofy, and weird. The it just got lame, melodramatic, and even political.

It started to take itself a little too seriously, although Edgar's plight has been some of the best material on the show as a whole.

Gretchen's bout with depression was a little too much

And where are the rapper dudes? They went from being in every episode to not showing up at all! They were some of the best material

main rapper nigger gave edgar the vape in a recent episode

I think the cuck plot is a little too edgy even if it's hilarious. Gretchen got over her depression way too quickly and she and Jimmy seem sort of lost in this season. Her therapist stuff isn't great either

Other than that I still love the show.

I forgot about them too. And that fat kid has never once fit into the show, he feels like some leftover element from an early script.

the depression story was gr8

it lost direction after hitting that sort of emotional height

she's not over it, she's going to therapy and making her hard for herself fighting it against her emotions

all characters are edgy in this as the hole point is they won't accept their honest emotions. the whole show is based of hating your SO to avoid frailty or harm

it's a product of the internet. the depression story was for tumblr and the chaotic nonsense of this season was for Sup Forums. the internet isn't as black and white as that but you get my point

>she's not over it, she's going to therapy and making her hard for herself fighting it against her emotions
I meant more in the last season finale. She made such a point of saying she can't be fixed but Jimmy finally showing he cared snapped her out of it. I thought the writers did such a good job of showing a serious case of depression then fall back on the biggest cliche.

This show is pretty decent overall, but that one episode where Gretchen watches the older couple is, quite literally, one of the best episodes of television I've seen in years. It could have been a short film. Hell, it almost could have been a full length film.

The fat kid is definitely indicative of what the show was probably originally conceived to be, and what it ended up being.

S 1 was an earnest show and the characters are miserable together. From the first ep of S 2 they flanderized the show.

Married was better

it used to be about jimmy and Gretchen and their love life.. its not anymore

>it's a vernon episode

Why does every character need an emotional arc? Seems misguided, like the writers want to re-create Gretchen's storyline but for each character

This season hasn't been great. The cuck ep was funny and the Edgar was pretty good but it really hasn't hit the heights of season one or two.

why?

>Married was better
I like that show but I thought the main problem with it that it was wasn't really funny but just too depressing.

Like the episode with the Wife trying to be all close to the young babysistter. That shit was to real too desu.

Nothing drastically - I don't think this season has been quite as strong as the previous two, but the show is still funny and moving in ways that no other ongoing comedy is. The thematic lines of 'what do I want and why am I unhappy' remind me of Mad Men.

The only episode this season I haven't really liked was the Sunday Funday one. It veered into Community-levels of wackiness; a tone which is all wrong for this show, but unlike the Community, the writers here have shown restraint by making it the last Sunday Funday. Both 'party' episodes for Jimmy were GOAT