Ask a Lawyer anything

Ask a Lawyer anything

>been at it for 15 years

Was it worth the schoolingand bullshit beauracracy?

to me it was. Yeah it sucked but worth it in the end

bump

How does it feel to be the reason the world sucks?

How much do you make? How much did your education cost? How long did it take over your 15 years to get up to your current income?

What sort of law do you practice?

Got a ovi, first offense, what am i looking at

My meth head neighbors are out at all hours of the fucking night revving the engines of their stupid fucking cars? If I call the cops are they going to be able to do something? Or am I stuck waking up to this bullshit?

don't care

the world has been shit way before lawyers

Way too fucking much for education. pay varies I won't disclose it. You have to take the right cases otherwise you get nothing

criminal

Enjoy getting guys off, huh?

how long does and expensive is the schooling as I'm looking at going into law

What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

can you look at my wrash?

Do you work on prosecution or defense in criminal cases

What's the most interesting case you've delt with?

If you're not going to answer questions, why are you posting an ask me anything thread?

what case could you bring against Jesus?

>ovi
assuming murican what state?

Noise complaint they will just tell them to keep it down. Proven beyond a reasonable doubt that someone committed a crime.

good start

defense

>starts AMA on an anonymous website
>gets asked a question
>refuses to answer

Everr have a client go full backpedal on the case strategy while in court?

welp trips. Now I must answer

between 100-180K a year.

Shitty ohio

peanuts.

Is it ANYTHING like Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?

What's the most unethical thing you've done?

This

nope

thats estimated. it fluctuates depending on cases I take.
suspended license and County time for you possibly. All varies on the report.

Defended a man who killed his whole family in brutal fashion.

What did you get on your Lstat or whatever the American equivalent is.

are traps gay?

Can you solve this for me OP?

Op's probably one of those duty counsel lawyers who's only advice is "just plead guilty"

fake and gay

Not unethical. Every man gets due process. Someone had to do it.

Well, lets say, i was driving at high a high rate of speed. Down the wrong lane and crashed my car. Thats pretty much whats in the report

Perfectly ethical. Our entire justice system is based around having defense for even the worst criminals.

You make lots of money. Are you actually any happier?

did oj do it/ is using a glove as tangible evidence to it not fitting

how cum ur such a pain to be around

>Lstat

yes

never get a public defender
their job is to move you along quickly and they don't have time for you as they also deal with 20 others.

unethical to me because of how fucked up it was.

How many hours do you work in an average week?

How's your IT infrastructure like if you have any?

If me and my friend who is allergic to oranges are having an argument and, in a fit of rage, I throw an orange at him, is that assault or attempted murder?

How often do you yell “OBJECTION!” in court after you discover some new groundbreaking evidence?

>never get a public defender
Sure, if you're making good money that's good advice. Most people can't afford a lawyer so they just get a public defender to tell them to make a plea deal.

What state are you registered in and what was your score on the BAR exam.

I am happy to defend someone accused but it does take a toll. You are busy all the time

property damage? any injuries to anyone?
BAC?

12-15.

Assault but if he has a reaction could potentially be aggravated

Would you prefer a really beautiful woman who is boring and mediocre at comforting/nuturing/w/e OR a plain woman who is interesting, and wonderful at comforting/nurturing?

No property damage. No injuries, was on codeine

18 fag here, looking at law school. Any tips? Is it worth it?

You'd be open to both civil and criminal suits.

Knowingly throw orange at allergic friend. Friend dies, reckless homicide.

Glass plaintiff rule in court, you were negligent, you repay for all damages civilly.

only 12-15 hours a week?
your salary now sounds a hell of a lot better
i thought lawyers typically put in a whole lot more time than that
are you an exception, or am i just completely misinformed?

Do you think you'll ever find love?

The orange actually did kill him. I'm positive it popped a vessel in his head but he did get an allergic reaction so either the coroner was too lazy to look into it or the reaction actually did dupe them. I've been living with this for years. I still wonder what would have happened if the hit didn't kill him

don't ask questions you don't want the answer too. Its a fact, they aren't there to defend you only to pass you quickly along to avoid trial and being backed up.

Texas 795
might be able to get some drug rehab to avoid jail time.

Can you handle knowing the public will hate you say if you had to defend tyrone who killed a bunch of white people?

they do yeah but burnout is high

What car do you drive?

Why bother? The judges are corrupt.

if she changes her mind after, is it rape?

You didn't answer the actual question. Are you actually any happier now that you make good money?

not sure why you are worried about it

I drive a BMW

nope
one thing EVERYONE gets wrong
(domestic, rape, Assault)
The victim cannot just drop charges
the state will decide to pick it up

This one

West or Lexis?

quality post numbers
repeating digits are overrated

>poorfag here
If I didn't pay my speeding ticket and have a bench warrant out; will they pull me over and arrest me, just because I have bench warrant? Also, how much trouble can I actually get in?

nope barely. Money is good but my happiness comes from defending people from crimes they are accused from

depends on the area

That's a pretty high score. Well above the possible score that you can get on either of the exams.

ohio?

so your happiness level is contingent on the innocence of your clients? earlier you weren't too happy about defending a guy who killed his family

How long have you been a lawyer?

Does anything else make you happy?

If i took a plea bargain for deferred probation and then i violate said probation can they recharge me on the original charge or did my plea nullify that?
Im not sure if that made sense i dont know legal jargon

15 years, retard. Way to read.

how do you feel about Obscenity? Do you think it's worth putting weirdos behind bars for thought crime or do you think it's subjective and unless you're flashing your penis at someone charges aren't worth pursuing?

I'm not worried anymore. I can't eat oranges anymore or look at them without thinking about it, but I was just curious about how things would have played out had he gotten up and then called the police or whatever law processes would proceed

say you are a defense lawyer and the defendant is a male who says she consented at first but changed her mind after, but the prosecutor is female and says she did not consent before. How do you defend the male?

i honestly hope you get curbstomped by a large and burly african american if you really thought that question was genuine.

Lol under-rated post.

What are the odds that I can say the absolute meanest thing to somebodies face and get away with it?

Bear in mind I have no priors and no history of aggression or ill will towards anyone. Also, if done at work there are no cameras so there would be no proof. Also also, If they were to sue me or try to smear my name, could I counter sue for slander and if so would I win that case almost immediately because of no proof?

Maybe he wasn't asking OP >:( OP didn't out right say he was a lawyer, maybe user 1 was asking in hopes there was a lawfag

Heheheh >:)

Also how do you feel about black people? Is it true that they're more likely to get the harshest penalties for the same crime than a white person? (eg. murder)

I don't think you've ever been honest a day in your life. So I'm really not worried.

Proposing alternative ideas is strictly forbidden you limp dick faggot

>2 brothers
>sexual assualt of minor
>1 is guilty
>dead to rites ???

Are you single?

I hope you never get dubs again and also all your base are belong to your enemies

how to force a prosecutor to accept what YOU want for a plea arrangement?

They offered dropping hab 3rd offender to a hab 2nd; i refused, my ideal plea would be plea to attempt.

Firestone put two quarts extra oil in my car and now its been at the dealership for two days... so far seems like it blew the valve seal and possibly the head.... firestone said they'd cover all costs, anything I can sue for and how much can I get?

Whats the cheapest way to have someone handle a sealing of record? Last attorney I spoke to wanted $1300 and I already did half the work for her.

No one likes you

Way to type English, retard. How about next time you type a sentence that actually makes sense. Or you can go back to your box of crayons, gas huffing gonorrhea nod

I saw this on a TV show.
A man became a partner in a business and extended its credit line to 300 million dollars. Then he borrowed all the money and sent it to offshore accounts. The company files for chapter 11 and is sold for a 100000.
An accountant busts the whole operation and says "it's all perfectly perfectly fine if you pay your taxes."
Is it? What part of it is it?

I get along just fine. Thankfully I'm pretty enough I don't have to have a pleasant personality. Get fucked... Lol, if you can you no nut little bitch

>Woosh

>double dubs

all up to the police department, some don't care some will. especially if in the same county as the warrant.

I said it was unethical but I still did it. that one he was guilty btw
it could change to just probation then its a conviction on your record.

if obvious I won't take it. Same reason why prosecutors won't take cases and drop them because its all about making a good record.
no one cares about morals, only numbers.

they could have but it would be slim to get a conviction and a waste of money

I ask for evidence, and if I need time I would file to get a later court date.

freedom of speech protects you from the government. It does not protect you from making threats nor protect you from private companies.

they are more common with violent crime with gang activity. whites tend to have the random fucked up incidents. most of them do because lot of them have criminal records.

yes

if they won't drop the charges completely then a lesser charge could work. all about a conviction rate

Have you ever gotten turned on by being outwitted by someone?

>criminal
Ah, a middle-class lawyer

No u