Danny brown

why do people like this guy? i dont get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqZBbBCJL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He makes good music

His flow is out of this fucking world, his lyrics are dope, his voice is very unique and the beats he picks for his tracks are always very entertaining and stimulating.

He's talented and has a good personality.

His good tracks are fantastic, unfortunately his bad tracks are God awful

What are his bad tracks?
I can't really think of any.

2nd half of old.

Oh I haven't even listened to old yet, is it worth it if I loved XXX and AE?

Very innovative, the beats in the song Goldust on Atrocity Exhibition sound like they could have been in an industrial metal album.

I love his songs about drugs

>normies actually think he's "experimental"

If you loved those two I'd give The Hybrid a listen first. After that give Old a shot if you still want more, the first half is pretty good.

He seems very genuine and pretty nerdy, a good follow up to the Lupe/Kanye weebiness, but this time with drugs and rockstars added for some mainstream appeal.

Besides that, his sound is pretty unique in a way that is good, even if his voice is an acquired taste.

Check him out on Hot Ones, it really made me appreciate him more youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqZBbBCJL0

literally ODB

Hot Ones makes some pretty funny interviews, but they also make some hot garbage. (Why the fuck would you interview youtubers...)

His lyrics are highly inventive. I can't think of a more creative rapper active today.

wht about them is inventive? the subject matter or what
you know danny brown was REALLY WITH THE SHITS AND SELLING CRACK AND WENT TO PRISON LIKE A NIGGER? what aboout him is nerdy

Give me 5 (five) albums that sound like atrocity exhibition then you pseudointellectual baiter.

>nerds can't sell crack and go to prison
get out more.

wtf u man faggot have you seen the documentary where he was at the bus stop and then later on at a house using the stove to heat the house? stop making assumptions you weirdo Sup Forums fag

Ok first off let me knowwhat you mean by nerdy.

Most of his tracks are bad.

his wordplay is. The guy wrote a three minute long song where all he does is come up with different ways of describing giving oral to a woman. That's a superficial example obviously but when you listen to a Danny Brown song next play close attention to his wordplay. His lyrics and flow are highly structured and well-thought out to produce a comedic or dramatic effect, often in the same line. Take something like "so many lines, you can barcode it". It's an original and funny take on the bragging trope common in hip hop. But simultaneously, it also alludes to whatever the hell he's snorting atm, so there's a tragic side to it as well, he's drug addiction is out of control. He constantly comes up with original metaphors and allusions. "What you write is all vagina, what i write is wall of china" is a witty way of saying you're all pussies and he is great (wall of china is also known as the great wall). I saw an interview once where he was asked to freestyle and Danny said that he doesn't know how to do that, he doesn't see himself as a rapper, but a writer and an artist, he just raps because that happens to be how people express themselves where he grew up. Maybe give XXX another listen and approach it from that pov. He's an artist in the most psychological sense and XXX as a whole is a very modern take on the romanticised idea of the unsuccesful frustrated artist. Also, pay attention to how he uses rhythm in his flow.

>you know danny brown was REALLY WITH THE SHITS AND SELLING CRACK AND WENT TO PRISON LIKE A NIGGER? what aboout him is nerdy
dude, the guy named his fucking cat after a japanese video game character

Ok i agree that you can say that hes nerdy at the moment but nvm..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

honestly xxx is one of my fave rap tapes and one of my fave pieces of music and makes me hella nostalgic back to 2011-2012 but the rest of his music is just corny to me lol
you can syay that hes corny now but thats after his success idk maybe i interpreted as hoe ass whos not on a crumb on his whole life

bump