Why did Sup Forums begin to hate on Kendrick? He's a very talented rapper

Why did Sup Forums begin to hate on Kendrick? He's a very talented rapper

>can't rap
>can't perform
>album written and produced by 1000 other people
>we wuz kangz and ancient izrealzs ayy lmao

He was never a great rapper. Released one slightly above average album, and rode that wave ever since, releasing garbage.

what about the lyrics?

>album written and produced by 1000 other people

You literally don't understand the concept of writing and producer credits in hip-hop if you think Kendrick's lyrics are written by other people.

I only listen rap to fuck thots, what are you some sort of fag to think about lyrics? only gay white men do that

wow
its shows
the irony eh

i'm not the guy who said that
but can you explain the concept for my pls

l love kendrick tho
:/

Only Kendrick song I've really listened to is If These Walls Could Talk, or whatever it's called.

At first I was really interested, because I didn't understand the lyrics and because they were provocative- there was definitely sex, symbolism, and dubious morality. All interesting stuff. It turns out though that it all just mapped directly onto a cliche superficial hip hop story of fucking bitches and rivalry, and oh, every millennial fawns, some deconstruction of the trope. I was hoping the "walls" for instance remained abstract by any analysis, instead, they were basically pussy and then a jail cause he ran out of ideas for pussy. Nothing transcended.

Are his other lyrics also superficial?

you should listen DAMN. Just give it a listen

its not so superficial i think

We don't hate Kendrick, some of us just didn't like DAMN that much. But Kendrick is on his way to become a legend fo sure

Listen to sing about me, dying of thirst then report back

Kendrick has been fairly consistent, but I'm a huge fan of GKMC and consider it a classic

sure bud
listen to TPaB in full. It has These Walls on it, and it fits wonderfully in the narrative of the album.

because he got too popular
Sup Forums can't bare the idea of liking the same artist as a 'normie' or a 'pleb', so the second something hits the charts they flip on it
the people in this thread saying he can't rap probably either shit on all hip hop or used to like kendrick before he got this big
hip hop fans who genuinely don't like kendrick and never have are rare on Sup Forums

I don't like Kendrick because he doesn't like white people.

funny how I have never seen Kendrick in a picture with a white folk

Whenever something is produced in rap, the producers get a writing credit as well. Also, if a band is sampled in the production, the entire band gets a writing credit. For example, the writing credits on the song "Money Trees" look like this:

Duckworth, Dacoury Natche, Johnny McKinzie, Jr. Victoria Garance Alixe Legrand, Alex Scally

5 people are credited as having "written" the song even though only Kendrick Lamar and his feature, Jay Rock, wrote any lyrics at all. All credits are under the artist's real names,

Duckworth---> Kendrick Lamar Duckworth

Johnny McKinzie Jr.----> Jay Rock

The producer Dacoury Natche is DJ Dahi, and Vicoria Garance Alixe LeGrand and Alex Scally make up the band Beach House. The eerie sound that makes up the main part of the beat from Money Trees is DJ Dahi sampling a guitar riff from a Beach House song and reversing it. Beach House had nothing to do with the story of Kendrick riding with his homies as a youth in Compton, but because they were sampled, they are given a writing credit in the song. So a song written by two people ends up getting 5 writing credits.

he probably hates all his fans

actually that is wrong.

every single group or artist Sup Forums talks about these days is mainstream or barely out of the mainstream.

it is because the rap meme is dying and Sup Forums knows it. either consciously or not, they are abandoning ship.

Good Kid Mad city is a great album
TPAB is boring pretentious trash though

>talented
>rapper

Two mutually exclusive concepts.

suggest a rapper that doesn't have an album produced and co-written by other people

>He's a very talented rapper
That doesn’t mean shit when everything else about the music is forgettable, same thing as when guitarfags obsess over “shredding” but the music is bland and forgettable.
Also he uses rapping/music as s platform for non-artistic purposes (is social issues), and the way he does this is trite and pretentious.

>expressing what you think is not art
what are you, some kind of retard?

>every single group or artist Sup Forums talks about these days is mainstream or barely out of the mainstream
this is true actually, i see swans and captain beefheart in the top 40 almost every week
>the rap meme is dying
even though it recently became the most popular genre in the us or in the world or whatever it was. the charts has never been more dominated by hip hop than it is now

jesus you sound like a faggot. stop appropriating black music and go back to imagine dragons

Is this the ITT: Retards thread?

he sounds retarded and his beats are mediocre. by today's standards he's decent but if you were to randomly select any hip hop album from 1993 it would blow this motherfucker out the water. rock and roll died in 2007 and hip hop is on life support. dark times for music