How do we make Sup Forums "good" again?

How do we make Sup Forums "good" again?

Sup Forums stopped being good in winter 2011

it's beyond redemption now

deleting frog threads

Any "man" who owns a cat gets perma-ban

Make a subreddit and all go there

Ban rap threads

It can't be saved. Memerap, Fantano threads, Bjork, Grimes threads all contributed into killing this board.
Agree

it was never good and it will never be
/bread

Essentially this
Also an influx of people from Reddit, p4k, Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr, Sup Forums, etc., killed elitism (which is what kept the board from devolving into never-ending discussion about shitty mainstream music) because they’re a bunch of whiny bitches who can’t stand criticism

Actually listening to music might help

MMGA my fellow Sup Forumslipedes :)

>killed elitism
good riddance. elitsm sucks. people were intolerant assholes just because they listened to some shitty experimental music that they perceived as superior.

>breadding yourself

yes. because i can.
/bread

Can’t tell if you’re Sup Forums or Tumblr (and this is the problem with both alt-right/Trumpism and progressivism) but here’s the deal

Elitism is good because it forces people who have unpopular opinions (e.g. Lil Pump is good) to JUSTIFY why their opinion is valid. Without elitism, discussion turns into “Lil Pump is good because I like him and you’re an elitist asshole if you tell me I’m wrong because music is subjective” without actually saying why he’s good.

Taste in music IS entirely subjective, but you should at least be able to explain why you like something outside of “I like the way it sounds” and Sup Forums has drifted away from that as retards like you push your “elitism is bad” shit

>perceived as superior
hehe

enjoy your 500 trap rap threads

i don't even like trap (c)rap.

ban kpop
ban melon
ban metal
ban Sup Forumscore
ban hipster shit

that wasn't so hard, now was it

>not banning rap

>Elitism is good because it forces people who have unpopular opinions (e.g. Lil Pump is good) to JUSTIFY why their opinion is valid.
to justify their opinion? is this the supreme court of justice? just because someone has a different taste than yours and you think his taste sucks it doesn't mean that you're right. be more tolerant, ffs. people are different.

Go back in time and prevent MBDTF from being released. That single album killed Sup Forums.

can't wait to discuss the nuances of bluegrass with these college kids

>ban Sup Forumscore
>on Sup Forums
nice joke

Intolerance keeps people who can’t justify their opinion off the board and that’s perfectly fine with me since this stops Sup Forums from being shit up with a hundred threads about soundcloud rap and mainstream indie

Only thing that can save this board, and this imageboard, is making it impossible for anyone below the age of 18 to post, which will never happen.

Good post. The same exact thing has happened on Sup Forums, though it's hard to see because there's rarely even shitty discussion about movies anymore. At least here still talks about music

>be more tolerant
Of people with invalid opinions?

No thanks. Learn to sue your brain and your ears in conjunction

>Intolerance keeps people who can’t justify their opinion off the board
I can't believe there's people who still believe this shit.

You can't believe there's people who can't justify their opinions?

I agree.

>invalid opinions
are you kidding me? all opinions are valid. you just like or dislike them.

It’s not like being intolerant of superficial things that people can’t change like race or sexual orientation or gender

This is like always allowing a kid who never stops talking about how the earth is flat to ask questions in a science class. We’re intolerant of flat-earthers because they’re morons. Same thing goes here

>all opinions are valid
Only the ones that can be explained and justified.
>you just like or dislike them.
Not relevant

>You can't believe there's people who can't justify their opinions?
You mean like you? Because when you deliberately misinterpret me like that, I get that vibe bruh.

>This is like always allowing a kid who never stops talking about how the earth is flat to ask questions in a science class. We’re intolerant of flat-earthers because they’re morons. Same thing goes here
Yeah but what does that have to do with Sup Forums? Being intolerant of dumb people or people with bad opinions does not keep them off Sup Forums. Just look around you

Whoops bottom half of this post:
is for you

>You mean like you?
What do you mean? I haven't stated any musical opinions. Did you forget what we were talking about?
>I get that vibe bruh.
You mean the strawman-argument vibe?
>Yeah but what does that have to do with Sup Forums?
Yeah but what does that have to do with my post?

>Being intolerant of dumb people or people with bad opinions does not keep them off Sup Forums
It used to at least stop them from posting. They would post something stupid, get wrecked, and then have to “lurk” to gain an understanding of why the board’s majority opinion is the way it is in order to avoid further embarrassment.

>What do you mean?
I mean that I said something and then you deliberately misunderstood me. I said something and then you quoted me saying something completely different. It's not a very good argument.

>Yeah but what does that have to do with my post?
I meant to reply to someone else. with the rest of that post.

>It used to at least stop them from posting.
Key word on used to. I haven't seen somebody tell someone else to lurk more in years. It's all just angry shitposting now. Which ironically invites more retards.

>It's not a very good argument.
What is my argument? I don't thin you understand.

>I meant to reply to someone else
If you can't even reply properly, what makes you think your opinion is valid?

PRO-TIP: it's more than likely not

ban racism and nazi white supremacists

>ban kpop
I don't understand why people think this. They're super well contained, just filter the one thread they ever have, which has the same name every time.

This.

One can't seem to offer any real musical criticism without being called a nu-male.

Make it a Young Thug Board

>yeah just ban like everything
>but not rap, that produces nothing but insightful, valuable discussion and if you disagree youre racist

Ban everyone who makes threads about pitchfork, fantano, hip hop, "guilty pleasures", pop punk and Gorillaz.
He is obviously a numale who thinks hes smart for listening to kendrick lamar and ajj

>What is my argument?
I don't even really want to have a debate with someone like you. I said that telling retards to stop posting doesn't work and you said I I don't believe that retards even exist? You just want to change the topic and shitpost and I'm not interested tbqhwy.

>If you can't even reply properly,
Yeah see like I said blatant shitposting.

But like actually yes.

>you said I I don't believe that retards even exist?
Quote me where I said that

>You just want to change the topic
Let's get on track then...

Should be people required to validate/explain/prove their opinions?

was it ever good?

It used to because that was the culture. People like you shifted the culture so lurking ain’t encouraged anymore

>You can't believe there's people who can't justify their opinions?
There. That's what you quoted me as saying and I didn't say anything like that. I know it's a rhetorical device or whatever but it hate when people do it.

>Should be people required to validate/explain/prove their opinions?
Yes if they want to be taken seriously,but being taken seriously isn't very important around here now is it? That's what I meant.

>It used to because that was the culture
Yes I know that dummy.

>People like you shifted the culture so lurking ain’t encouraged anymore
Nobody's stopping you from doing it right. I'm just saying it doesn't work anymore and nobody even tries. Blame me all you want faggot. It's not going to fix anything.

>There
Sorry I'm not seeing any mention of retards. Try again.

>Yes
Then we are in agreement. No need to further post