Thoughts on this? i am pretty amazed honestly

thoughts on this? i am pretty amazed honestly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Punp6HYw
youtube.com/watch?v=JLWTa0lmYvUdangerdangerdanger
youtube.com/watch?v=AhZ1NFw77zw
youtube.com/watch?v=eQFIKP9rGhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5XoRmcky8
thefader.com/2017/09/27/britney-spears-blackout-interview-10-year-anniversary-2007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

incredible. natural evolution of dance pop. a key release

Solid album, brought electro pop to the mainstream and still sounds fresh to this day.

dark britney was too much to handle
had to be replaced with fake drugged conservatorship brittany
youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Punp6HYw

I've never been a Britney fan, but I do think it's pretty cool that she had the insight to refashion herself as a club music/dance-pop niche artist, after she faded from the limelight. Also, her breakdown was entertaining, but I've never found it damning in the least... where other pop stars just became drugged out zombies, it seems like she had a delayed rebellious phase, declaring her individuality. I actually respect her a lot more for it.

dangerdangerdangeryoutube.com/watch?v=JLWTa0lmYvUdangerdangerdanger

this album would be so much better without male backing vocals ._.

great pop album. britney always had a better ear for tunes compared to her contemporaries – maybe it's the dance background.

thisyoutube.com/watch?v=AhZ1NFw77zw woRMdwould beso muchbetter withoutmale backingvocals

Break the Ice is GOAT

even got the drop ferrari

it's what miley cyrus wanted her career to be like

heaven on earth is a good song

>it's britney, bitch

>brought electro pop to the mainstream
this shit never played on the radio, and it didn't sell
rihanna and lady gaga helped bring electro pop on to the mainstream
fresh out of gay twitter

>this shit never played on the radio, and it didn't sell

In comparison to Rihanna and Lady Gaga of around the same time, these numbers are shit.
Post the actual album sales and radio numbers.
For a big popstar of the time, this was a big underperformance.

>all those literal who countries

Lady Gaga had not released her debut album yet. Granted, Rihanna was a lot bigger that year. It was the time of Umbrella and shit. But to say it didn't sell is stupid. I remember "Gimme More" being everywhere. But hey, I'm not American so who knows

This album made me realize I was a huge faggot

Animu Britney > Western Britney

youtube.com/watch?v=eQFIKP9rGhQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5XoRmcky8

Iconic. Gimme More is the song of the millennium. It's pop perfection.

>But hey, I'm not American so who knows
Not you, apparently.
>gimme more being everywhere
you must be from Brazil
blackout wasn't relevant
Britney only served purpose to the general public by shaving her head back then
Music wasn't even an afterthought at the time, and I can assure you that shit doesn't get recurring airplay

I realized I was fag at 10 when my mom got me "Oops!...I Did It Again" on CD for a christmas present in 2000.

a goat tier modern pop album
you might find this interesting:
thefader.com/2017/09/27/britney-spears-blackout-interview-10-year-anniversary-2007

Not an argument.

An argument from you would be proving me wrong with actual sales numbers and radioplay.
High peaks from countries where all it takes is 30 copies sold doesn't mean shit when Good Girl Gone Bad and The Fame outsold her by circles.

Shitty album. Not even a good guilty pleasure.

Wanna listen to quality dance pop/electropop, check out Roisin Murphy's Overpowered.

me too

this
also the ongoing revisionism around britney spears from certain corners of the internet – that she's some ebin secret genius and/or legendary artist – is cringeworthy

>12 artists (and Britney)

There are a lot of good pop tracks on here. This album is my favorite of hers. Circus in second place. Before and after those albums I'm not really into it.

Calling her genius is just retarded but I can definetly understand someone who would say that she is a legendary artist desu

youre american, right?

American education at its finest

"Gimme More" was a pretty big hit, specially because it came after "Toxic" that is literal abba-tier pop perfection. Also, before it came out only sissyfags and leftover teen-pop fans cared about her, after the meltdown and this album she gained a lot of cred in other areas. Like s&m gay bars and "serious" pop followers, also shitty riot grrrl bands started covering her

>UK: 2
>US: 2
????

That's some good shit dayum

kylie minogue's fever is way better than this tho

boring
now we're talking

Modern chubby Britney is p fucking hot compared to younger Britney tbhpfhmd